• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Guise, guise, no use in hoping and praying about what pictures leaked are fake or not. Instead...

Keep Calm and Check This Out!
All you need to know about the upcoming Smash Bros. :3

New characters are leaked from time to time! Personally, I think Rosalina, Zelda and the Villager look amazing. <3 Link's concept art is great, but the 3D model is just atrocious and has no comparison to the beautifully done Zelda. :<

You know what I think? I think they should have made Skyward Sword Link and Zelda to go with the rest of the 'toony characters! It's be amazing. :3

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
God, please be fake or I'm going to be super dissapointed!!

This must be fake.
They took out all the good characters in this picture
3.%20frown.gif
Please refer to my previous post. Even if this image was real, it will not be the final roster. Brawl's default roster was like that too, right before you unlocked all the characters.

It seems like edge guarding will be different in the next Smash. It ticks me off how Nintendo wants to go with the non competitive way. For pete's sake, Smash Bros. was at its peak when Melee was created because the game was so darn competitive!!
Are you implying that anyone who doesn't play Smash competitively, especially on Melee, is not a true gamer? I'm really getting sick and tired of people praising Melee as the pinnacle of the series and everything after it is terrible. It's just like what happened with Pokémon post-Gen II.

Anyway, putting that aside, I've found a much smaller image of the Palutena leaked that spread like wildfire throughout the gaming news:

Spoiler:

Sortiariux

Pokémon Wizard
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 15, 2014
Uh yeah, like what do you need help with exactly? Starting out?

God, please be fake or I'm going to be super dissapointed!!

New news, check this out guys: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/22/smash-bros-will-change-the-way-edge-guarding-works

It seems like edge guarding will be different in the next Smash. It ticks me off how Nintendo wants to go with the non competitive way. For pete's sake, Smash Bros. was at its peak when Melee was created because the game was so darn competitive!!

Yeah, starting out. Anything to get my feet wet in the water.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Lucario has been confirmed for Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS!

BfSf6n0CUAEDhxk.jpg

I kiiinda wanted Mewtwo back, but, I do like Lucario in a way. n_n

Years
WHY SAKURAI, WHHYYYYY
No, but I really hate Lucario. It's like my least favourite thing from any game... not only that, it doesn't really make much sense to see it return for SSB4. I would have expected some sort of Gen V or Gen VI replacement.
*sigh* Looking at the bright side, I get to kick Lucario in the face! Repeatedly! HOORAY!

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 5, 2014
Seeing as mewtwo is one of my favorite pokemon (obviously, lol) I can't help but to be a bit dissapointed, despite the fact that I know that mewtwo wasn't even that good in melee. I don't have anything wrong with lucario per se, but I still can't help but to be a bit bummed. Granted, I'll get over it soon enough and probably play as lucario in the new smash just as i did from time to time in brawl.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Um, guys, you do realize that Lucario's inclusion and Sakurai's comment on Mewtwo back at E3 hints that we can both in SSB4 right?

WHY SAKURAI, WHHYYYYY
No, but I really hate Lucario. It's like my least favourite thing from any game... not only that, it doesn't really make much sense to see it return for SSB4. I would have expected some sort of Gen V or Gen VI replacement.
*sigh* Looking at the bright side, I get to kick Lucario in the face! Repeatedly! HOORAY!
That's what you get for relying too much on this "muh relevancy" nonsense.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday
I'm actually a bit surprised that Lucario made it back into Smash Bros. I thought he was another one of those characters that just gets in one game and is never seen again. But fine by me; he was one of my mains in Brawl. Would be cool if Mewtwo (who was one of my mains back in the Melee days) made it back in as well.

Now if only they'd put Chrom and/or Lucina in the game...

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Woot, so glad to see Lucario in the game. It seems like he will be stronger in the next Smash, which sucks for me since I find playing Lucario a pain already. I really hope that Nintendo adds one more new Pokemon to the mix of main character.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 31, 2017
Who do YOU want in the new Smash Bros.?

I'd love to see Wreck-it Ralph. And since Namco is working on it, maybe The Prince or The King?

As far as Nintendo characters, Toad, Mewtwo, Miis, and maybe Link could have an attack related to Link Between Worlds?

Ooh, Link between worlds. I just got that.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'd love to see Wreck-it Ralph. And since Namco is working on it, maybe The Prince or The King?

How many times do I have to say this:

1. Third-parties must originate from a video game, so no Wreck-It Ralph, despite being associated to video games.

2. Sakurai has already stated last year that Namco will not get a special treatment just because they're developing the game.

As far as Nintendo characters, Toad, Mewtwo, Miis, and maybe Link could have an attack related to Link Between Worlds?

Ooh, Link between worlds. I just got that.
You're too late for suggesting Toad, because the number of Mario reps is already full with Rosalina's inclusion, so don't expect another Mario character entering in. It's doubtful that we'll get a LBW-related move from either Links since they're using both the TP and WW incarnations again. We're definitely getting Mewtwo now that the rep limit is 5 again, and it's already hinted by Sakurai that they're "thinking about it" last year at E3.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
Years
Why can't we have Ike from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance? I think we need to have hime because it seems kinda appropriate, I think.

Or how about one of the four main characters from the original Golden Sun game?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday
Why can't we have Ike from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance? I think we need to have hime because it seems kinda appropriate, I think.

Someone from Awakening would probably be more appropriate at this point. I liked Ike in Brawl (and PoR and RD), but I'd really like to see Chrom and/or Lucina become playable characters in Smash Bros 3DS/WiiU.

So Nintendo...please tell me already if they're gonna be in the game or not.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Ike is the first recognizable western Fire Emblem lord. I actually can't imagine them taking him out.

also a better character than chrom lol

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday
Ike is the first recognizable western Fire Emblem lord. I actually can't imagine them taking him out.

True, but you never know with Nintendo. I just want them to tell us who the other Fire Emblem reps are (there's no way it's gonna be just Marth....I hope).

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I'd say FE could very well get three characters if Star Fox got them (when Wario and Metroid got only one, and Famicom/Advance Wars didn't get any lol). Problem is that they'd all be sword users with blue hair which wouldn't represent the series properly nor the variety of Smash.

Obviously Marth is in, and they won't sub Ike out when he got a moveset already, so the one's out will probably be Chrom. Now an Awakening rep is pretty much definitive, but I'm honestly betting on Anna or the avatar.

That said in a perfect world we'd get two Advance Wars rep in Andy/Sami and Sturm, and FE stays at two as well. :D Happy medium for IS strategy.

Back