• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Anyway, Greninja basically confirms:
    -Chrom
    -Shulk
    -Palutena
    -Rhythm Heaven's Chorus Kids (♥♥♥♥ YES)
    -Pac Man
    -Mii
    nanami12_zpsd53ce9b1.png

? How does Greninja confirm any of that......?

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years
  • Mario has 5 reps, and so will Zelda (once Ganondorf returns), so it makes sense to have both series and Pokemon to have an equal amount of reps due to being Nintendo biggest franchises.

Why would you think we're getting the same amount of characters as Brawl? It was actually a misinformation on what he said about the roster, for he meant he would rather focus on balancing Brawl's roster rather than adding more newcomers. Now that Charizard is on his own, and Squirtle and Ivysaur are out, we'll definitely hit the 50-character roster slot much easier.

If the Pokemon reps were actually diverse, I wouldn't have a problem with that. As much as I love Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, and Greninja... they're all pokemon. Mario and Zelda have plenty of diversity in their reps, so it would just look really awkward to have five pokemon up on the roster, especially considering that we also have a ton in pokeballs.

And did I ever say I thought we're getting the same number? Nope. I was explaining how crazy it is that we would only have 5 left if that was the case. I'm not sure who or what you're talking about...

---

But getting back to my first point... Am I the only one who wants new characters to represent Pokemon? I'm talking actual people that aren't Red (because he's technically not even a fighter). I knew it would never happen, but I really wanted to see N, for example. No pokemon to back him up (expect for possibly Reshiram/Zekrom as his final smash), just himself.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    If the Pokemon reps were actually diverse, I wouldn't have a problem with that. As much as I love Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, and Greninja... they're all pokemon. Mario and Zelda have plenty of diversity in their reps, so it would just look really awkward to have five pokemon up on the roster, especially considering that we also have a ton in pokeballs.

But getting back to my first point... Am I the only one who wants new characters to represent Pokemon? I'm talking actual people that aren't Red (because he's technically not even a fighter). I knew it would never happen, but I really wanted to see N, for example. No pokemon to back him up (expect for possibly Reshiram/Zekrom as his final smash), just himself.

The problem with that is that Pokémon Trainers can't fight worth ♥♥♥♥. That's why they use Pokémon. Not like you could come up a good moveset for them either....

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years
  • The problem with that is that Pokémon Trainers can't fight worth ♥♥♥♥. That's why they use Pokémon. Not like you could come up a good moveset for them either....

The Wii Fit Trainers, Pac-Man, and Villager say hello.

If I really tried (which I'm sure they have to do with every character), I could come up with something for N. Heck, even AZ could work out with his height and eternal life. Actually, now that I think about it, AZ would be even better than N.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The Wii Fit Trainers, Pac-Man, and Villager say hello.

If I really tried (which I'm sure they have to do with ever character), I could come up with something for N. Heck, even AZ could work out with his height and eternal life. Actually, now that I think about it, AZ would be even better than N.

Touche....

That rumor I posted stated that we were going to have a Gen VI Pokémon as a newcomer alongside of Chrom, Palutena, Shulk, and a Rhythm Heaven rep. It was posted on Tuesday before the direct ever began.

That doesn't really prove anything though. It just means that that guy happened to be right.

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years
  • That rumor I posted stated that we were going to have a Gen VI Pokémon as a newcomer alongside of Chrom, Palutena, Shulk, and a Rhythm Heaven rep. It was posted on Tuesday before the direct ever began.

I have a question. Did the leaker actually guess/reveal Trainer, Villager, and Mega Man? If I recall correctly, they were officially announced at E3 2013, and that's when that guy said they were characters. If not, I'm not too convinced that this guy actually knows stuff, seeing as a pokemon from X and Y is pretty broad.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • That doesn't really prove anything though. It just means that that guy happened to be right.
    I have a question. Did the leaker actually guess/reveal Trainer, Villager, and Mega Man? If I recall correctly, they were officially announced at E3 2013, and that's when that guy said they were characters. If not, I'm not too convinced that this guy actually knows stuff, seeing as a pokemon from X and Y is pretty broad.

He also predicted Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer right, which only increased his credibility because no one would ever predict Wii Fit Trainer as a playable character since before E3 2013, non-adventurous Nintendo characters like her do not warrant a slot. However, there are still people who think the leaker isn't legit, for he also said Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii will also be revealed at E3 2013 alongside with those three, which didn't happen.

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years
  • He also predicted Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer right, which only increased his credibility because no one would ever predict Wii Fit Trainer as a playable character since before E3 2013, non-adventurous Nintendo characters like her do not warrant a slot. However, there are still people who think the leaker isn't legit, for he also said Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii will also be revealed at E3 2013 alongside with those three, which didn't happen.

I'm buying it. This is awesome!

Although it's interesting that they're putting three third party characters in the same game considering that they wanted to steer away from that. I'm not complaining, though. I will be spending my entire summer mastering every single character.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • I feel like Jigglypuff is better as a pokeball pokemon rather than a fighter.

Honestly, I'd rather have Mewtwo over her. But she's also part of the original 12 SSB64 characters, which never seem to lose playable status. Because of this, she has a higher chance of returning than Mewtwo, I'm sad to admit.

But as a Poke Ball Pokemon, she could use her final smash from Brawl, but on a smaller scale, or just go around the stage singing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It would have been pretty cool of they were to feature mega Alakazam as a Poké Ball Pokémon. Once it's sent out, I could imagine it to use Psychic and hold your opponent out in the air for a while, allowing you to attack them as much as you possibly can. :]

Years
  • I'm excited to see more of Greninja's combo game, and assuming that Mewtwo isn't coming back I would feel okay with that decision as Mewtwo didn't really stand out for me in Melee; in PM he's alright, but dat tail game

(rip hbox if jiggs isn't back)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Greninja comes across as a keepaway character what with his slow moves that looks like they have range. Add to that a teleport and projectile and god damn.

Mewtwo is boring, even P:M couldn't do him (or pretty much every character lol) justice. Jiggs should be back only if she's Melee Jiggs.

Years
  • That was what I was thinking. I mean he had more potential in PM than Melee but nothing completely different like Lucario's Marvel-like gameplay and on-hit cancelling in PM.
    It felt awkward watching D1's Direct reactions when he was hyping about Mewtwo returning during the Greninja trailer and I was just sitting there unmoved lol

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Excuse me for not looking this up myself, but what are the confirmed differences between 3DS and Wii U so far?

Both the 3DS and Wii U version will have different stages. The 3DS version focuses more on stages from handheld games (with the return of Melee stages), and the Wii U version focuses more on stages from the console games (with the return of Brawl stages). There's also a new mode for the 3DS version called "Smash Run", which plays like City Trial from Kirby Air Ride.

PunkPhantom

"midna's a cat" -vinny, vinesauce
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    It's also important to note that the Wii U and 3DS versions will have the same roster.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Depends on how much you value Wii U stages with a far greater range of songs, a more powerful console, and probably other yet-unannounced stuff (e.g. maybe the Wii U version will have its own mode? I hope so). But the 3DS version should be pretty good in its own right, one hopes. Hard to say seeing we're another season or so until it comes out, haha.

Btw, this amused me.

Back