• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    Yeah, I get the feeling that the 3DS version won't be as good or popular but I don't have a Wii U and i'm not really going to buy one just for SSB4. I think the creators will understand that though and are hopefully going to take that into account.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Not sure about Wii U version, but I've heard that with the 3DS one, you could play against anyone over Internet and not have people sitting next to you. If you ask me, this could be one, main attraction of 3DS SSB. Its graphics might not be as great, but players would buy it anyway just because of this feature. d:

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    The 3DS's main attraction isn't online (because uh, that's not new to the 3DS and the Wii U is guaranteed to have the better online mode), its Smash Run mode.

Though the 3DS version will be clearly inferior to the Wii U version. Seems like the developers want to use it so that the community could figure out what's broken so they can balance the Wii U version accordingly. Any OP character in the 3DS will be nerfed in the Wii U version. Also on top of that, the 3DS version seems to have Brawl speed mechanics, which isn't good. At all.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    The 3DS's main attraction isn't online (because uh, that's not new to the 3DS and the Wii U is guaranteed to have the better online mode), its Smash Run mode.

Though the 3DS version will be clearly inferior to the Wii U version. Seems like the developers want to use it so that the community could figure out what's broken so they can balance the Wii U version accordingly. Any OP character in the 3DS will be nerfed in the Wii U version. Also on top of that, the 3DS version seems to have Brawl speed mechanics, which isn't good. At all.

Brawl speed mechanics?

Anyway, I'm tempted to go for the WiiU version even though I have a 3DS and not a WiiU. I feel that the controls'll feel a bit nicer on the console version. And, idk, I feel like I'd damage my 3DS playing Smash Bros on it.

So c'mon, Nintendo, put out another WiiU game I'll wanna buy. Then I'll have enough reason to buy a WiiU (Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Smash Bros, and that 1 other thing).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Apparently, there's a huge fuss going around regarding Zero Suit Samus having power heels and slightly bigger chest (compared to her model from Brawl), simply because it's "sexist" to give a strong female character feminine accessories and a "large" rack. Seriously, radical feminists ruin everything, because can't a female character be both strong and attractive at the same time? Not only that, but Bayonetta seems to have avoided this controversy, so why couldn't Samus? Is it because she's one of the first female characters in video game history, so she must not look attractive in order to cherish that title? Apparently, they didn't beat the original Metroid in less than 2 hours. I believe this video gives out a better explanation than I did.

Brawl speed mechanics?

The speed mechanics in Brawl is slow compared to Melee's; you can try find a video of each and compare them to each other to see what Spino's talking about.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    128 new pictures focusing on the Direct characters posted here:
    https://endless-agb.minus.com/mbopyab0NE2JXz

Charizard pictures are gold.

It's jarring. Melee was incredibly fast and then Brawl came along and it was the complete opposite.

Compare these professional matches:

Melee

vs

Brawl

I think I see the difference. Maybe I'll go play a little Melee to get a better idea.

And yeah, some of those pics are great.

EDIT: Yeah, I can really see the difference now after playing Melee a bit. Just about all animations are slightly faster, characters move slightly faster, and there's less lag time after executing an attack and getting hit. I think you fall slightly faster too. One thing I did notice is that dodges and ground recovery is a bit....smoother in Brawl than in Melee.

And I miss Melee air dodges, but also remembered that I disliked the AI in Melee; all they do is spam throws and ranged moves.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Forgive me if this has already been mentioned but I can't for the life of me understand why they're releasing the 3DS version earlier than the Wii U version. It would make so much more sense to support the Wii U as a platform by releasing its version earlier than the 3DS's. I can't help but think that they're missing out on a serious opportunity to try to give the Wii U that extra push it's very much needing at the moment.

Years
    Forgive me if this has already been mentioned but I can't for the life of me understand why they're releasing the 3DS version earlier than the Wii U version. It would make so much more sense to support the Wii U as a platform by releasing its version earlier than the 3DS's. I can't help but think that they're missing out on a serious opportunity to try to give the Wii U that extra push it's very much needing at the moment.

I think somebody did mention this earlier. Apparently the 3DS version is actually going to act as a dummy test kind of thing. All the characters that are overpowered or terrible will get nerfed and boosted respectively in the wii u version. I don't know how true this is but this is just what I heard

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I think somebody did mention this earlier. Apparently the 3DS version is actually going to act as a dummy test kind of thing. All the characters that are overpowered or terrible will get nerfed and boosted respectively in the wii u version. I don't know how true this is but this is just what I heard

Considering the fact that their rosters are supposed to be completely identical, I find that a little hard to believe; also considering the idea that Sakurai is a little stubborn when it comes balance, but that's just me starting to speculate. :p

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Good news, everyone, there's going to be a Smash Bros. tourney at this year's E3, as well as Smash Bros. demos at Best Buy:

https://smashboards.com/threads/nintendo-invitational-announced-who-gets-an-invite.353892/

So much hype right now.

There's a BestBuy store few minutes away from my house, but I wonder of they would actually be participating… I seriously do hope, though, because I'd love to get my hands on some SSB demo. xD" Been excited for this all year long, and it would be very awesome to be able to give it a trial run.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    In other news, looks like the Smash invitational will be legit. The 16 players are already chosen, and it seems like the guy who picked them is very well aware of the tournament scene. (He follows some of the top players on Twitter, and in turn they follow him too.) It's not set on stone, but it's reassuring that there's probably an effort being made to appeal the tournament scene.

Standard rules. No items, battlefield/final destination/whatever else is legal, 4 stocks with timer please. Hope to see some Lil Mac, Mega Man and Greninja representation. Expecting lots of Marths and Fox, probably even Mario.
    Ike is apparently confirmed now as a playable character in SSB4:
    https://www.neoseeker.com/news/2525...he-roster-for-super-smash-bros-wii-u-and-3ds/

Seems they changed him from his PoR look to his look in RD. Now I don't have to wonder anymore what other Fire Emblem character is gonna make it into SSB4.....
    Chrom is still gonna make it in. Only things going against him are blue hair and a sword.

Expecting Wario next Friday. More like wishful thinking. :x

Also megathread this or w/e pls. It's been alive for a year lol.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Chrom is still gonna make it in. Only things going against him are blue hair and a sword.

Expecting Wario next Friday. More like wishful thinking. :x
    IDK, space for characters is getting kinda small now. I would like Chrom/Lucina in make it into SSB4, but I doubt Fire Emblem is getting more reps; its always been 2 in the past, and I don't get the feeling that they plan to have 3 Fire Emblem characters in the game.

Do they consider Wario as part of the Mario franchise or as his own separate thing? If its the former, you're ♥♥♥♥ out of luck I'm afraid. If not, he has a chance at getting back in....maybe. IDK.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    With the leak, Awakening being a million seller and Chrom being popular in general there is no reason not to include him. FE deserves 3 reps.

Also Wario represent Wario(Ware), not Mario. Him and Meta Knight are practically guaranteed to be in. There's no reason not to.

If you factor in the characters revealed, plus the Brawl veterans (-Ivysaur, Squirtle and Snake) and the rest of the Gematsu leak (Pac Man, Mii, Chrom, Shulk, Palutena and Chorus Kids) it's still 47 characters which a great amount. Add in Snake (he's 50/50), Mewtwo and maybe one other newcomer (Bowser Jr probably, maybe someone else instead of Snake) and it's a solid 50.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    That makes sense. Though I guess we can never be certain until they officially reveal these things, but what you're saying sounds very plausible.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Also forgot to mention that 3 Fire Emblem, 5 (7) Pokemon and 5 Mario reps were gonna happen in Brawl. Roy, Mewtwo and Doctor Mario were gonna get in, but cut due to time constraints because of Sonic. Another Fire Emblem, Mario and Pokemon reps in Smash 4 isn't out of question.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    IDK, space for characters is getting kinda small now. I would like Chrom/Lucina in make it into SSB4, but I doubt Fire Emblem is getting more reps; its always been 2 in the past, and I don't get the feeling that they plan to have 3 Fire Emblem characters in the game.
    The space for characters isn't that small, actually, as yesterday there have been leaks of the what the roster would like (keep in mind that this is supposedly the demo version for E3 and Best Buy, so don't be surprised about the few characters available):

Spoiler:

There's still speculation on whether or not the leak is legit, because it originated from 4chan, but it was quickly taken down, which only raises suspicions.

Back