• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aven

~:Official Beater:~
Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    ~New discussion starts now~ xD

So, I obviously know that the Wii U will have more content just because the 3Ds can't handle too much. But did anyone else get the feeling that they really downsized the 3Ds version compared to the Wii U version in terms of, not being able to set the spawn rate of items, not having Special Smash as an option, and the fact that you can't play classic mode and other modes locally with friends like you can with Smash Run and such?

I first thought that the 3Ds would have tons of single player modes and features like Smash Run. And the Wii U version would have a significantly better online play and be mainly about playing with friends, family and together while, like I said the 3Ds version would be about taking it on the go and playing by yourself. But it seems that the Wii U has a LOT more game modes than I thought it would have? Maybe I'm exhagerating and just didn't expect there to be so much content in terms of game modes, but what do you think?

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
    Years
  • Oooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkk. I just battled something a little weird online.....

I was fighting this one guy who was playing as Wario, and for some reason when I'd launch him he'd come floating back to the stage. You can move horizontally in the air, yeah, but this looked kinda unnatural and too much movement. Wtf was up with that?

Still beat him though.
    haha what!? that's so weird! but good that you still won. Does no one online pick Sonic? I feel like I'm the only one who picks him.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday

So, I obviously know that the Wii U will have more content just because the 3Ds can't handle too much. But did anyone else get the feeling that they really downsized the 3Ds version compared to the Wii U version in terms of, not being able to set the spawn rate of items, not having Special Smash as an option, and the fact that you can't play classic mode and other modes locally with friends like you can with Smash Run and such?

I first thought that the 3Ds would have tons of single player modes and features like Smash Run. And the Wii U version would have a significantly better online play and be mainly about playing with friends, family and together while, like I said the 3Ds version would be about taking it on the go and playing by yourself. But it seems that the Wii U has a LOT more game modes than I thought it would have? Maybe I'm exhagerating and just didn't expect there to be so much content in terms of game modes, but what do you think?
    I do feel that they skimped a lot on the little features for the 3DS version. But like you said, it really could just be a hardware limitation. And it is their first time doing Smash on a handheld.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did that on purpose to boost WiiU sales though. Smash is a popular series, so naturally people wanna get their hands on it as soon as possible. But why get the WiiU version if there's little difference between the 2 versions? The 3DS is going strong, but the WiiU has been struggling for a while. So what do you do? Pack as much nice little things into the WiiU version as possible while making the 3DS version bare bones in comparison. The things in the WiiU version are bound to attract people, even those who already have the 3DS version.

Hell, half the stuff they're putting in the WiiU version doesn't interest me, but I'm still gonna get it someday for the return of little things like stage song selection and the ability to set item frequency. And the nicer graphics and bigger screen.

haha what!? that's so weird! but good that you still won. Does no one online pick Sonic? I feel like I'm the only one who picks him.
    I've seen a few Sonics online. Usually they kick my ass.

ShadowEdge

Pokemon Master!
    Years
  • I've seen a few Sonics online. Usually they kick my ass.
    Good! LOL SORRY but Sonic is my main character and everytime I go online I see Links, Ganondorfs and Jigglypuffs XD But I never saw any Sonic users, and normally when I picked Sonic people won't fight me and stay on the opposite of the screen.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017

Yes, but I think it's deep down what we all expected.

Though, I agree, the 3DS should have had much more in terms of Solo play. Smash Run is debatably one of the most un-fun modes in the game with less than 4 people, though it can be fun sometimes it gets repetitive quickly.
    I don't even know WHY they didn't include Special Smash, maybe it was deliberate like Zekrom said, to make the 3DS version look like it's just lacking so people buy the Wii U version as well.
    Item frequency seems to be set on the lowest at all times because the 3DS is hardware lacking, and as such it's untogglable.
    Online probably sucks due to the fact that the 3DS doesn't exactly have the best wireless adapter in the world.

Overall, not that great.
    I don't even know if I'll be able to get the Wii U version at this point, because I'm trying to save money at the moment.

P.S It's spelt "exaggerating". Sorry to be that guy, I just wanted to help out.

Aven

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    xD no problem. Guess that's what happens when you type a super long reply O-o

Years
  • Yeah I really do feel like I own an inferior version the 50 fact extravaganza didn't exactly help.
    Also the only reason I still play Smash run id for the achivements although it gets pretty boring and I often feel like it was unfair (Playing as donkey kong and having the final battle be run! isn't very nice)
    The online is okayish I've had a few matches without lag.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it comes to Rosalina and Luma, I am undecided on whether I like them or not.

As for something else to talk about, has anyone a battle where everyone is using the same character, other than going random? I have done it with Wii Fit Trainer and Greninja. For the All Greninja battle, I did it three times yesterday. The Greninja I was using tended to win, while the Red Greninja or the Lightish Red Greninja tended to lose. As for the Purple Greninja ended up being somewhere in the middle.

Night Watcher

Hotdog MAn
    Years
  • Has anyone actually played Project M? I'm probably going to get Brawl and download Project M. But I just want to know what's it's like from people that actually played it. All I really know about it is that they added Melee Characters, added Melee stages and is a lot faster.

Aven

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    YMMV with Project M. I love Melee but think PM is a gimmicky mess.

Yeah, I thought it'd either be that or the perfect Smash game. Then again I guess if it was the perfect Smash game it would be a lot more popular.

Still excited to try it out though. I have Brawl, I have a 2gb SD card, I just don't have a Gamecube controller adapter for the Wii U yet :/ Oh Nintendo, why did you try to forget the Gamecube?

Back