• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    For Glory players aren't particularly aware of the competitive scene. You see a lot of Marths despite him being pretty bad.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Japan's tier list has been updated:

Spoiler:

Charizard, Robin, Falco, and Samus are E-Tier?

Yeah, the Japanese are weird.

I mean, I get that Charizard and even Samus take actual skill to use, but...

Robin and Falco? One of them's a damn clone of an A-teir!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Robin is terrible especially in omega stages (which is standard for Japan)
    Charizard could be higher but he's nothing special.
    Falco isn't really a clone.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Robin is terrible especially in omega stages (which is standard for Japan)

I would think Robin would be especially good on Omega stages, considering he's fairy projectile based, which people tend to believe Omega favors. Besides, how is he terrible? Because spamming one move isn't a good idea with him?

Charizard may not be that special, but he's not as bad as the likes of Ike or DK.

If Dark Pit is considered a full clone, Falco should be, too.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I would think Robin would be especially good on Omega stages, considering he's fairy projectile based, which people tend to believe Omega favors. Besides, how is he terrible? Because spamming one move isn't a good idea with him?

Robin's projectiles aren't really the kind you can spam, especially when you have a sorta limited usage of them. Try spamming Arcfire and the Thunder spells and see how far it gets you. Omega stages aren't all that great for Robin either because Robin is terribly weak to the characters who do excel on Omega stages, the fast, hard-hitting types like ZSS, Fox (especially Fox), Shiek, Little Mac, etc, or the ones with the actually spammable projectiles like Samus or Link. So I guess I'm fighting at a disadvantage a lot since For Glory is only Omega stages =(

Other problems with Robin include:
    -is really slow
    -very short melee range
    -ass grab range
    -options for hitting people below you in the air aren't good
    -has 2 spikes but they're a bitch to use
    -has no reliable combos that I'm aware of

And being floaty is kind of a blessing and a curse. It's not all bad with Robin, but there's plenty of issues.

Charizard may not be that special, but he's not as bad as the likes of Ike or DK.
    Yeah I think that Charizard should be a bit higher up on the list too.

Not really. If this was Melee I'd agree, but Falco's moveset has changed enough over the years that he's not so much of a clone anymore. Same goes for Ganondorf.

Which, speaking of Pit/Dark Pit, why aren't they on the exact same tier? The only difference between them is the way their bow+arrow works and I doubt that really makes any difference. Though they are still really close anyway.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    lol Charizard is my secondary but DK and especially Ike are way better than him.

Play Pit and Dark Pit
    then go play Fox and Falco

Falco is hardly a clone anymore honestly. He never was. Dude was completely different from Fox even in Melee where they only shared animations. Pit and Dark Pit have the exact same moves and properties bar three.

Which, speaking of Pit/Dark Pit, why aren't they on the exact same tier? The only difference between them is the way their bow+arrow works and I doubt that really makes any difference. Though they are still really close anyway.
    The tier is based on tournament results. Pit players are just simply doing more than Dark Pit. (I do agree that Pit > Dark Pit but the difference is like a spot in the list, not a whole tier)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    The tier is based on tournament results. Pit players are just simply doing more than Dark Pit. (I do agree that Pit > Dark Pit but the difference is like a spot in the list, not a whole tier)
    Ah, right. Sometimes I forget that.

Aven

~:Official Beater:~
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Robin is terrible especially in omega stages (which is standard for Japan)

Having Robin as one of my co-mains, my preference would actually be a flat stage. As long as it's not too small and it doesn't have many platforms, I can play Robin pretty well. But all that's just based on how you play the character, not the character itself. That's why I don't judge characters, I judge players.

I do agree that Charizard could probably be higher, but none of this is based on potential, it's based on how well players are doing with them. So far Charizard is carved out to be a spammy character, it really sucks.

Falco isn't a clone at all, that's one of the reasons they kept him.

For Glory players aren't particularly aware of the competitive scene. You see a lot of Marths despite him being pretty bad.

I wouldn't base anything on which character gets played the most, especially in For Glory.

This is quite a surprise:

Spoiler:

That was sort of expected, just not from Nintendo themselves. And I don't feed my amiibo's or anything like that, just train them. I don't think they'd allow customs unless they want it to be THAT much of a friendly game.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Falco is hardly a clone anymore honestly. He never was. Dude was completely different from Fox even in Melee where they only shared animations. Pit and Dark Pit have the exact same moves and properties bar three.

Isn't shared animations part of a traits of being a clone character, followed by similar B moves and final smash?

Aven

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Isn't shared animations part of a traits of being a clone character, followed by similar B moves and final smash?

I see what you mean, you're right in a way. Speaking of Melee, because now they really are different, Falco's speed compared to Fox's almost forced players to play Falco differently than Fox, but technically they're the same.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Having Robin as one of my co-mains, my preference would actually be a flat stage. As long as it's not too small and it doesn't have many platforms, I can play Robin pretty well. But all that's just based on how you play the character, not the character itself. That's why I don't judge characters, I judge players.
    What you say is true, but at the same time Final Destination/Omega stages aren't really what I'd call the most favorable stages to Robin either. I've learned how to play on FD/Omega (because there's no other option in For Glory), but occasionally I'm left wondering if maybe things would've gone better if we were fighting on Battlefield or something similar instead. FD/Omega versions are still better than shit like....Find Mii, or Hanenbow in Brawl though.

Aven

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Okay, this is probably just me since I'm so used to the Gamecube controller, but is it easier for anyone else to use Marth's side B on the Wii U version? Sometimes it feels like I could just spam the button and it would work.

Years
  • Has anyone totally given up the non Omega stages yet? I find the ones where you spend most of your time trying to keep up with the constantly moving stage really annoying.

[FONT=&quot]Also anyone given up on items? I really think they allow to many cheap knockouts,[/FONT]

Aven

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Has anyone totally given up the non Omega stages yet? I find the ones where you spend most of your time trying to keep up with the constantly moving stage really annoying.

[FONT=&quot]Also anyone given up on items? I really think they allow to many cheap knockouts,[/FONT]

When I'm practicing, or playing a serious match I really only play on Omega without items. Unless I'm trying to get better at random stages, or of course, having a match for fun. If it's a friendly fun match then Omega stages are out of the question ;P And of course all items on, probably set to a medium or low drop rate.

And of course items allow for knockouts that weren't fair or deserved. That's the whole point of a fun match. I play fun matches all the time with my little brother, friends and family such as cousins. Because playing matches over and over again and winning just because you're better isn't fun at all. Items, and even stages sometimes just allows the winner to be random most of the time.

Night Watcher

Hotdog MAn
    Years
  • They aren't that great either if you want to really get into the competitive side of smash. FD stages heavily favour grounded characters like Little Mac or projectile uses like Link who camp in the corner :V

I have never seen a lot of competitive Little Macs of Links. I don't tink you can even play Little Mac on a competitive level, even with Omega on, imo. I really think the best competitive characters on smash are Diddy Kong, Mewtwo(?), Marth, and some other characters. But I guess it's just how you play them that counts, since I main Lucina and she isn't a really competitive character.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Every character can be competitive, but not every character can be viable.

Marth certainly isn't viable. (And Mewtwo who isn't out at all??)

Back