• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    You're underestimating the fanbase, as well as the talent being done on Project M when it comes to adding characters into the roster. There was a group called Project Rainfall, whose goal was to demand Nintendo to bring Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower, and the Last Story overseas, which they eventually got, so why couldn't it be the same for Smash Bros.? Let's not forget the fan outcry of Metroid Other M and the ending of Mass Effect 3. Donkey Kong is one of Nintendo's top five best-selling franchises, and its series representation is still incomplete, for it's missing the female sidekick (Dixie) and the series antagonist (K. Rool). Both of whom are confirmed as mere trophies, meaning they will not be DLC characters. There is a saying "the customer is always right," and they have the right to criticize a product that doesn't meet its requirements.
    I'm not saying that they can't ask for certain characters or things, nor am I saying that they don't have the right to criticize something. They are within their rights to do so.

I just think that it's a bit ridiculous to get that upset over the lack of a few characters. Like I said before, you don't always get everything you want. But if they want to get Sakurai to add in certain characters to the roster, it'd be better if they act like adults instead of spoiled children. It's not the end of the world that Dixie and King K. Rool didn't make it in, and there's always next time. The past 3 Smash games didn't have my ideal roster, but you never heard me get upset about it.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Don't forget though, with the trend that Nintendo has had - I.e Mario Kart DLC - I'd like to think there's a good chance that they'll have DLC to add new characters to the mix even after the launch. While that may or may not add more characters from the Adam universe because of some of the trophies, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo added say 4 characters to the mix later on.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I just think that it's a bit ridiculous to get that upset over the lack of a few characters. Like I said before, you don't always get everything you want. But if they want to get Sakurai to add in certain characters to the roster, it'd be better if they act like adults instead of spoiled children. It's not the end of the world that Dixie and King K. Rool didn't make it in, and there's always next time. The past 3 Smash games didn't have my ideal roster, but you never heard me get upset about it.
    It does seem like the end of the world to them, because these two also had some detractors because of their popularity from longtime fans. These detractors believed King K. Rool is no longer relevant to the series due to missing out on the two recent mainline DK games, which, by that logic, should also apply to Ganondorf because he hasn't appeared in a mainline Zelda title since Twilight Princess (OoT3D and WWHD are enhanced remakes, and Hyrule Warriors is a spin-off), and Dixie Kong will be a clone of Diddy, despite Dixie not using peanut guns nor a jetpack in any of the DK games she's appeared in.

Don't forget though, with the trend that Nintendo has had - I.e Mario Kart DLC - I'd like to think there's a good chance that they'll have DLC to add new characters to the mix even after the launch. While that may or may not add more characters from the Adam universe because of some of the trophies, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo added say 4 characters to the mix later on.
    That's the idea, and the only well-requested characters whose trophies haven't been found yet are Mewtwo, Ridley, and Issac (From what I've heard, Camelot being listed on the ending credits despite Issac being axed as an assist trophy, due to the players having able to unlock all assist trophies, seems suspicious).

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    Just downloaded the demo for this since i got an e-mail. Wasn't going to pre-order the game but i just might do now. I'm going to see if my friends need any codes so i can play local co-op but if not i'll be sure to give them away here :)

Years
  • There is a demo in NA now!!! I always buy used/refurbished, so no code for me :(

PS - if anyone is so kind to offer a code, you will for sure earn a sprite avatar of any mega evolution of your choice...#IamDesperateAndNeverAskFavorsButIneedtobePlayinDisGameNow

Last edited:
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Vidgamer4

Discord: vid#9964
    Years
  • I haven't happened to do much with Club Nintendo codes for quite awhile, and back then the rewards was only "Doc Louis' Punch-Out!!" so not quite as cool as now.

If anyone happens to have a spare code, I would enjoy it greatly. Can't wait for the full release.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    Sighs because Im not a platinum member and have to wait until next Friday to finally experience smash <|3 But at least we are getting the demo at all, I've waited years for this game so another week can't hurt! I'm very pleased with the final roster, even if two of my mains got cut. hopefully the remaining newcomers get trailers!

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • For getting the demo, did it apply to people who had Platinum status from the last club nintendo year (with the rewards being nothing but eshop games)? Because if it meant those who have platinum right now (meaning you had to get 600 coins in like 2-3 months), that's kinda dumb. I don't even have gold right now.

...I wanna play the demo so bad! xD

Years
  • For getting the demo, did it apply to people who had Platinum status from the last club nintendo year (with the rewards being nothing but eshop games)? Because if it meant those who have platinum right now (meaning you had to get 600 coins in like 2-3 months), that's kinda dumb. I don't even have gold right now.

...I wanna play the demo so bad! xD

It's for people who got platinum with all the eShop games in July 2014. I have no more codes though so sorry >~<

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2014
    If anyone has a super smash bros code for the us version could you please pm me it? I would truly appreciate it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2017
    i have platinum but didnt get a code... fml :( if anyone wants to share ill give you a 6 iv mawile as a gift n my thanks for a thousand years lol

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Tried out the demo - I was lucky enough to get emailed codes! (Giving the other three to friends if they don't get the code; and I probably can only give it to other Australians anyway). I found the controls to be pretty smooth and easy to get used to. Three Level 9 fighters do give me some grief though, I have racked up percentage points pretty quickly at times, haha.

Years
  • So, Nintendo is officially at its peak of trolliness.

I would feel terrible to get 3 extra codes, and push people away from receiving one of those codes, while at the same time, I feel terrible for not receiving a code.

Uh, maybe make more games worth purchasing to get 600 coins within a single year and I will be encouraged to purchase more games.

There were only a handful of games worth purchasing new in the last year... I mean this year, through the next year will have tons of games, but I don't even get how someone would have enough games worth purchasing new this year to have plat. status.

Drunk Irrational Rant Over...P.S. Not drunk because of Nintendo, but rather, free drinks at a snobby graduate department dinner party.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    So are the codes region locked to wherever you live or can you give them to anyone?

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
    Years
  • I had a code! Been playing Link and Mario for the past four hours.

Got mine from a giveaway on Reddit. I had to rap on Vocaroo to get it, hahaha.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I gave the demo a spin just now (thank you Klippy!).

I have to admit, it feels just fine in my hands. I was concerned at first that playing Smash on my non-XL 3DS wouldn't feel to good on the hands, but it's not! The 3DS's button layout is close enough to that of a Gamecube controller's that I had little problem with the switch. I just occasionally mixed up B and X, or occasionally forgot about the L button.

The game's not a whole lot faster than Brawl, but it feels somehow....better, for lack of a better word. Dodges/rolls feel real smooth. It's also real nice that you can feel the impact of attacks like how you could in N64 Smash. Not used to all the new items....I don't even know what some of them are (though Master Balls are a nice inclusion). The solid black outline wasn't too noticeable either (that's partially because you're concerned with beating the **** out of your opponents though lol). And now random thoughts on the 5 playable characters:

-Mario: I don't think he's changed much from Brawl, but he's still pretty solid, easy enough to jump into. Kinda wish he didn't have FLUDD for his B down, but whatever.

-Link: Like Mario, hasn't changed much since Brawl, but his new dash attack is better than his old one, imo. Still wish we had Melee boomerang instead of the Gale Boomerang. And maybe I'm imagining it, but I think that his spin attack has a tiny bit shorter reach than in past games.

-Pikachu: I get the feeling they nerfed Thunder a bit, but Skull Bash (B-side) feels a bit better.

-Mega Man: Mega Man's a pretty solid character too, though for a guy with a gun thing for an arm, you'd expect more long-range attacks from him. He's only got a few, and seems more like a mid-ranged fighter to me. His smashes are great though, and his up aerial is great for juggles.

-Villager: This one I didn't completely understand. I don't get was his neutral B does, nor do I get what the tree is for. What stood out to me though was that his recovery is insane.

I'm....rather tempted to get the 3DS version. Maybe even both versions. My only gripe with the demo is that you can only play as 5 characters, and all the ones I really wanted to play as aren't usable in the demo. But what was I supposed to expect?

Back