• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    100% Serious - Lucina and Dark Pit got me excited enough to buy the game, because they represent games that I love. Nothing else matters. This is Smash, a fun place to play as your favorite characters.

And I 100% agree. I only play as the characters who I love most from the series. It's so much fun. :D

Alsoo.....
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Mewtwo! How much will he cost as stand alone DLC? (speculation)

I'm not the type to buy a WiiU to download a fighter. I assume he will be sold separately eventually.

Also, Custom Stages is awesome. Empty Air with barrels blasting people around would be cool.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I love the new stage builder. It's going to be amazing. So much more freedom than the crappy stage builder in Brawl.

Also 8-player smash holy crap. I can't handle that lmfao.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    Oh my goodness, guys! Mewtwo's confirmed to be in Smash! Free DLC no less...
    If you have both versions, Mewtwo's yours.

Looks like I'm a bit late on this XD

My reaction? When I saw the paws, I was like "Oh yes, DHD's trailer".
    Then it moved up and showed the face.
    "MEWTWO!?"

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • AHHHHHH BOWSWR JR. CONFIRMED FOR SMASH

What do you mean what about Mewtwo?....I guess so.

AHHHHHH 8 PLAYER SMASH?

Leaks, you say? What leaks ;)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Wait wait, what is all this about Mewtwo and DLC? Wtf did I miss? Links plz.

Years
  • I consider the two clones as far as appearance goes. I don't mind characters like Lucina and Marth that have similar moves, but at least are separate characters with different designs and personalities.

As Sakurai states, the clones/semi-clones are icing on the cake. I for one agree! It's not as if Dark Pit, Lucina, and Koopalings are taking up slots that other characters could have had. If omitted, they might have been just that, an omitted void without replacement. Not to mention I love Lucina's and Ludwig's designs! So I am a happy customer.

I think this is a strong roster.

Though, I hope we get Dixie in DLC! It's a bit sad sometimes to see a lack of DK characters.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Even after all that, I didn't get one Bingo... oh well. xD

They dropped the hype bomb at the last minute with Mewtwo. Glad I've got both versions, can't wait until he's finished. I just hope they don't make him as clunky as he was in Melee. I guess this also confirms possible future DLC?

Also, 'tis a sad day for us Ridley fans. From what I saw with his size, he probably could've fit as playable, but I guess the next best thing is fighting alongside him. I'm not even mad. For some reason, I feel that they at least tried to make him playable, but couldn't get it to work. Hence, why his animations are the way they are, and why he has his own stock icon.

Stage Builder looks better than ever, and definitely allows for more creativity. 8 players on screen is going to be HECTIC. And I like how Bowser Jr.'s reveal trailer was a continuation of the Mega Man trailer. This is also the first time that the original 12 are all on the starting roster! Pretty cool.

Lastly, Tower of Smash rumor deconfirmed?

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Kudos to Mewtwo's return, who truly deserved it (he is an iconic Nintendo character after all). What I do want to know is why Sakurai spent more than a year of teasing on Ridley, only showing his shadow on April's direct and nothing else about Pyrosphere since then, only to reveal him as nothing more than Flying Man 2.0. He's the most requested Nintendo character, newcomer-wise, for pete's sake, and he still completely ignores those requests. You better have a good explanation to this, Sakurai, or you'll be experiencing an internet riot from furious Ridley supporters on your Twitter account (the Ridley controversy is far more important than Mewtwo's former situation after all). This alone automatically makes this iteration of the Smash roster the worst of the bunch (too many human newcomers, too few non-human newcomers).

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Kudos to Mewtwo's return, who truly deserved it (he is an iconic Nintendo character after all). What I do want to know is why Sakurai spent more than a year of teasing on Ridley, only showing his shadow on April's direct and nothing else about Pyrosphere since then, only to reveal him as nothing more than Flying Man 2.0. He's the most requested Nintendo character, newcomer-wise, for pete's sake, and he still completely ignores those requests. You better have a good explanation to this, Sakurai, or you'll be experiencing an internet riot from furious Ridley supporters on your Twitter account (the Ridley controversy is far more important than Mewtwo's former situation after all). This alone automatically makes this iteration of the Smash roster the worst of the bunch (too many human newcomers, too few non-human newcomers).

Lmao the man can only handle 1 internet riot per game. He already gave us more flat stages and Mewtwo. Let's bother him about Ridley after November 21st. xD

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The narrator's voice is a bit annoying when he shouts. Beyond that, everything looks great. :)
    I'm just surprised that he could keep that up for 35 minutes straight.

But it seems to me that what they're basically doing with the WiiU version is bringing back every little feature that was in Brawl and Melee that wasn't in Smash 3DS while changing up a few existing things a bit and adding more co-op (and adding more trophies). Can't say I care for most of what was shown in the trailer, but I do like the return of the music selection system that Brawl had and the inclusion of co-op Classic mode....although I don't really have anyone to do co-op Classic with. Kinda wish they didn't just re-use a lot of Brawl stages.

And at least this confirms that Mewtwo will be playable, DLC is happening for Smash, and Ridley is not a playable character. Oh, and the graphics are gorgeous.

@Pinkie: People need to chill the **** out about Ridley's playablilty.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I was always going to pick up the Wii U version. Nothing I had seen thus far of either version was a big deal to me though. 3DS especially since I'm skipping it altogether.

But this was a great direct. I want this game now. I want to play it. I want to explore it. I want to unlock everything. I want face Ridley, I want to the board game mode, I want to build stages, I want to play as Mewtwo.

The game comes out in a month though. What the hell is with Nintendo and their marketing? Like a year and half of just... "hey look, it's HD Brawl with some different characters" with a maybe a slightly more attention on the 3DS version. I did not care. And I was just annoyed about how many characters were revealed. And trophies and such. They were showing everything you would expect to be there.

Today.. a month before release they finally show off what makes the game fresh and simple. I could have been eagerly anticipating this for a year and half. I might have pre-ordered it. The way they approached this makes no sense to me

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • @Pinkie: People need to chill the **** out about Ridley's playablilty.

Lmao the man can only handle 1 internet riot per game. He already gave us more flat stages and Mewtwo. Let's bother him about Ridley after November 21st. xD
    Clearly you two have idea about the controversy surrounding Ridley. During the pre-Brawl days, there's been an argument on whether or not Ridley should be a playable characters. One side supports him because the Metroid series needed another rep, since we've got two variations of Samus as our only reps, and he's an iconic character like Mewtwo, having to the most recurring secondary character in the series. Another side is against him because he's "too big", which is an argument that's easily debunked because Smash Bros. never stays true to the characters' sizes *points to Bowser and Olimar*. Over the years, it became less about Metroid's status to warrant a newcomer and more about eliminating that "too big" argument once and for all. In the direct, we could see Ridley functioning like a playable character should, even having a character icon of his own, but for some reason, Sakurai didn't downsize him. I could say that he may eventually become playable via DLC, but my gut is telling me that Mewtwo will be the only DLC character because he's some sort of "special case."

Edit: @Zekrom: You can ignore this if you want, since you've already responded to my post at the Smash Bros. club.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Clearly you two have idea about the controversy surrounding Ridley. During the pre-Brawl days, there's been an argument on whether or not Ridley should be a playable characters. One side supports him because the Metroid series needed another rep, since we've got two variations of Samus as our only reps, and he's an iconic character like Mewtwo, having to the most recurring secondary character in the series. Another side is against him because he's "too big", which is an argument that's easily debunked because Smash Bros. never stays true to the characters' sizes *points to Bowser and Olimar*. Over the years, it became less about Metroid's status to warrant a newcomer and more about eliminating that "too big" argument once and for all. In the direct, we could see Ridley functioning like a playable character should, even having a character icon of his own, but for some reason, Sakurai didn't downsize him. I could say that he may eventually become playable via DLC, but my gut is telling me that Mewtwo will be the only DLC character because he's some sort of "special case."

Edit: @Zekrom: You can ignore this if you want, since you've already responded to my post at the Smash Bros. club.
    I just wanted to say in addition to what I said in the club that I do get that people have strong feelings about Ridley in Smash, particularly in the competitive Smash community, and there's nothing wrong with that, it's just that starting a ****storm over it is a bit much if you ask me.

I think that there could very well be more DLC for Smash Bros. It would be a bit odd to have only one piece of DLC, and basically free DLC at that. I doubt that Nintendo would pass up the chance to make extra cash from Smash Bros.

And at this point I think that we can safely assume that Ridley will not be playable in this generation of Smash, but I think that there's still hope for the future. If he basically acts like an oversized playable character, then that means a lot of the data and whatnot needed to make him an actual playable character is already there. So in the next Smash Bros game, it would be easier to make him a playable character since they now don't have to start from scratch with him. And tbh, I wouldn't mind seeing him be playable in Smash. Maybe someone will hack the game and make it so you can control him. {XD}

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    The ridley stock icon makes me think its going to get DLC at some point, or is some secret character. Whatever, that was insane. Just saw the 50 new thing vid, the 3DS looks like such a cheap cash in now. Whatevs, I bought it days ago, no regrets. Gonna get Mewtwo in March, so I guess that's nice?

Back