• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • Female: Lucina and Zero Suit Samus

Male: Bowser Jr., Falco, Toon Link, Pac-Man, Luigi, Little Mac, Bowser

I don't know if you can count the Pokémon besides Pikachu, as their genders are currently unknown.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Only female character I use is Jigglypuff. I like Peach though, just never bothered learning her proper.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Female: Lucina and Zero Suit Samus

Male: Bowser Jr., Falco, Toon Link, Pac-Man, Luigi, Little Mac, Bowser

I don't know if you can count the Pokémon besides Pikachu, as their genders are currently unknown.

Lucario's voice is male, at least more obviously in Brawl.

Aven

~:Official Beater:~
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    As for male characters, here are my favorites:
    Bowser
    Captain Falcon
    Donkey Kong
    Falco
    Fox
    Ganondorf
    Greninja (I consider the one in the Smash Bros series to be male)
    King Dedede
    Link
    Lucario (Happens to be considered male in the Smash Bros series)
    Mario
    Marth
    Meta Knight
    Mr Game & Watch
    Pac-Man
    Pikachu
    Pokemon Trainer
    R.O.B.
    Robin
    Snake
    Wario
    Wolf

Woah you got the whole list on here? xD Next time you could just put, "I love them all"

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • So I came across these posts on Smashboards that seem to be legit concerns about Dark Pit's inclusion and character portrayals:

Sakurai literally said Dark Pit was playable as it wouldn't make sense for him to use the sacred treasures yet Falco has a Landmaster, something he never used outside of Smash, DK, Metroid and a bit of Kirby need more representation

I think the bigger mistake is the Koopalings turning into Shadow Mario and Ganondorf jogging around throwing Falcon Punches.

YES! That's one thing that I don't agree with about Bowser Jr having the Koopalings as alts. - it doesn't make any sense for the Koopalings to have Shadow Mario as their Final Smash in the first place! (unless Iggy and Bowser Jr. worked an all-nighter to create a Shadow Mario recreation device) I'd rather give them their own Final Smashes, since they're not going to affect tier listings at all and make the Koopalings seem more unique in the first place - Such as Lemmy's circus ball and Iggy's Chain Chomp.

All three quote can be found on this page: https://smashboards.com/threads/k-r...ndo-forms-today.324259/page-513#post-18198238

They find it hypocritical for Dark Pit becoming his own character due to not using the three sacred treasures in Uprising while the Koopalings, not being able to transform into Shadow Mario in Mario games, are still alts rather than getting separate slots with their own unique final smashes, but one of my friends expressed how that's a bad idea, as it'll mess up the HUD and give us unnecessary reps for the Mario series.

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    SSB4 is easily the most played game I've never owned, and is also the first game I've gone to a launch event for. I've spent countless hours playing Classic and All-Star mode with a friend, and just a few days ago, he unlocked all of the characters. There was this one time we attempted to play Classic on 9.0 intensity, but we both died during the battle with Master Shadow. It was an exhilarating experience though.

My characters of choice when playing versus matches for leisure are Lucina and Mr. Game & Watch. I like to get a feel for other characters' movesets as well, but those two are who I mainly play as.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Well I'm glad I'm not the only one facing that problem. I'm gonna stick with Level 7-8 CPUs from now on. I don't remember them being that difficult in the past Smash Bros. games.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Idk, I fight them all the time, they don't seem THAT unfair to me. Except for their air dodging skills. They are way too good at air dodges.

Or are we talking about the WiiU version and are they different on there?

Aven

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    I find level 9's easier than a level 8. But level 9's definitely aren't the best for practice. Basically, you train against a level 9 if you're trying to get used to the idea of a pro dodging perfectly and having the best DI ever, and always using the "best" technique and combo. All level 9's do is spam perfection which is really predictable and easy to punish.

If I'm fighting a CPU, I fight against a level 8. A level 8 CPU isn't THAT predictable, and is supposed to mimic a Smash pro, but does horrible at doing so.

A level 7 CPU is the one trying to mimic your average online Smasher, not being predictable at all and being fairly easy.

In my opinion, anything lower than a level 7 isn't good to train against at all :/ Unless you JUST started playing Smash, then maybe a level 6, but that's it.
    Also, the Wii U version and 3DS version are identical besides controller options and content.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    am i the only one who thinks level 9 cpu's aren't hard at all? o_O
    been playing this game for too long that it's just that easy ahah.
    I don't know about the wii U version so I wouldn't know, but I've played every other version for years. Especially Melee.

Aven

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    been playing this game for too long that it's just that easy ahah.
    I don't know about the wii U version so I wouldn't know, but I've played every other version for years. Especially Melee.

You're not the only one, don't worry. And the CPU's on the Wii U version are the same.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Nah, I don't think that they're hard, they just have annoying good air dodge skills.

Also:

Fuckin' a, I need a WiiU.

Back