• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Brothers discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    oh..but you're saying my thread was turned into the smash bros discussion thread?

Yes, Klippy probably just merged all the SSB discussions together. Besides, I don't think you can even ask for people to play with online. But you're in luck now, as there's a Brawl event you can sign up for.

One word. PAPER MARIO! Wait... Something isn't right... I must've spelled paper wrong.

Haha, like they have Dr. Mario? I think that'd be cool. Luigi with the Poltergust 3000 or Mario with Fludd also come to mind here. So many Mario variations!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    i was thinking of a paper mario type character but eh i didnt know what it would do

lol maybe a luigi/Mario character luigi has that polter thing and mario has fludd. or they can be seperate them. but it might be cool to have an character like that

iNinja

hi hello
    Years
    I think a cool item could have been one of those speed boxes from Sonic games. All the characters become sped up like mad for a brief period of time. But it's just a thought.

countryemo

Years
    GUESS WHAT!

We might get a handheld SSB for the 3DS. Everyone wants this right? Well i got thinking.
    N64- it had a paper mario and mario kart. and ssb
    Advanced- mario kart but no paper mario. no ssb
    gc- paper mario ttyd, and mario kart double dash. so a ssb melee
    ds- a mario kart but no paper mario or ssb
    3ds- paper mario/ mario kart. maybe ssb?
    so im thinking if theres a paper mario for a console there will be a ssb game? it sound weirder when i typed it o.O

Last edited:

iNinja

hi hello
    Years
    Yeahh, I don't really want a SSB on DS. I mean, I can see it happeneing and like how it could be used, butI don't like the idea. I feel SSB should stay as a console only game. I mean, with the Handheld portable capabilites you can SSB with random people easier, but The controls seem like they would be hard to use. Also, I don't understand how it would work on 2 screens. Convince me somebody? D:

Also i just notice that you said "ds- a mario kart but no paper mario or kart."

A mario kart but no kart? o.o

countryemo

Years
    perhaps the can work something out like a mix of the n64/gcn version? the wii was werid. whats next? they just getting harder to use. i still think we should get a ssb game for the 3ds. well lets see 2 screens? um battle with the top screen! and bottom? uhh. coontrols- analog stik/dpad, a,b,x,y

whodathunk

Smity Smithers VII
    Years
    SUPER SAYIAN MARIO!!! or the happy mask salesman! his attack could use different masks (blast mask, goron mask, ect.)

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    ^no

The mask idea is pausible with Young Link if they incorporated some of the mask of majoras mask into his being but I'm not sure how it would work. There are four directions so that means four transformations meaning four different characters so that would mean he would be a horrible character on his own kinda like Olimar xD

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I can actually see a 3DS SSB. Technically, the console is powerful enough (judging from the looks of Kid Icarus, I'd say it's GPU is about on par with the GameCube, probably less but close), and with the addition of the slide pad, it would become possible to do Smash attacks. The only thing missing would be shielding with both the L and R buttons; presumably the R button would be relegated to grabbing. Taunting could be attained through the D-pad, attack with A, special with B, jump with X/Y, maybe a damage count and score on the lower screen, etc. Not to mention but it'd be pretty awesome to face people over ad-hoc wireless in addition to WFC.

In tl;dr format, it could work.

Besides the fact, during their E3 keynote this year, I noticed a Maxim Tomato in the background of the final video they showed. Could that be an indication of things to come?

countryemo

Years
    The Maxim Tomato is origanlly from the kirby games. this has been brought up before. no sure what SSB has to its self besides the Master Hand. If it that was shown then =O The maxim tomato probally symbloled epic yarn? idk much bout kirby. nvr played it.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    The Maxim Tomato is origanlly from the kirby games. this has been brought up before. no sure what SSB has to its self besides the Master Hand. If it that was shown then =O The maxim tomato probally symbloled epic yarn? idk much bout kirby. nvr played it.

If you like 2d platformers, you oughta try it.

SSB has unto itself: Master Hand, Crazy Hand, the whole of the Subspace Army, the Fighting Polygons/Wire Frames/Alloys, trophies, Battlefield, Final Destination, certain items and Sandbag. I could probably think of more, but that's most of the stuff off the top of my head.

iNinja

hi hello
    Years
    Here's a thought, instead of bringing a charater from a new game, SSB makes their own. Because Taboo wasn't from any other game along with the hands. And brawl has it's own items they made (blast crate, mine thingy) I'm sure they could incorperate their own new charater for people to use.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Here's a thought, instead of bringing a charater from a new game, SSB makes their own. Because Taboo wasn't from any other game along with the hands. And brawl has it's own items they made (blast crate, mine thingy) I'm sure they could incorperate their own new charater for people to use.

The whole point of SSB is having characters from other franchises all together. Master Hand and Tabuu are bosses, and the Beam Sword and Capsule are items. If they decided to have an original character, they shouldn't have more than one.

iNinja

hi hello
    Years
    The whole point of SSB is having characters from other franchises all together. Master Hand and Tabuu are bosses, and the Beam Sword and Capsule are items. If they decided to have an original character, they shouldn't have more than one.

I see that, but it doesn't always have to be that, a nice change of speed would be nice, It could just be for fun.

And does anybody else see a mii being able to fight? o.o

countryemo

Years
    omg noooo Dx
    the 3ds might have mii making and activitys so acc yea i could o.o
    (the only proof is the miis in mario kart screenshot so faR.)

i think one cool ssb character orignal would be nice.

Has anyone else played like children of mana/ other games of the series. maybe add some of that into ssb. we could have some crystals as items.

Also Azure i look into kirby

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    The Hands have become characters of the Kirby series through recurring boss battles, so that's not too reassuring either.

iNinja

hi hello
    Years
    Oh yes. They came from Marx. So you do have a point about that. Yet they had other bosses like galleom and duon. Dunno what game's they're from.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back