• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Symphonia

Uzumaki Naruto1

Water Master
    Years
    I'm at the Palmacoasta House Ranch...Thanks again to Shinobi for having me play this game...I got 2 of my other friends to get this game and play...Shinobi is the reason me and our friends do half the stuff we do. Like playing Tales and DDRing.

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
    Uzumaki Naruto said:
    I'm at the Palmacoasta House Ranch...Thanks again to Shinobi for having me play this game...I got 2 of my other friends to get this game and play...Shinobi is the reason me and our friends do half the stuff we do. Like playing Tales and DDRing.

tales, ddr, and sleeping is my life. :)

notice:
    ...if anyone does new game +, do NOT include the map stuff. that means all the treasures and skit points on the field are also gone. ;_; nouuu...

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
    I just go all out and kick her butt! Brutal, hehe...
    However...
    *raises his index finger*
    I have learned that it's always smart to have Raine in your party.
    She's the healer in the group, so it's always a good thing to have her on hand!

...would this count as a birthday present?
    Ah heh...

Oh, and does anybody have a good strategy on beating Sheena's friend? (Don't want to spoil it!) Eh, I just can't seem to rack up the combos with her like I can with Lloyd.

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
    100marios said:
    I just go all out and kick her butt! Brutal, hehe...
    However...
    *raises his index finger*
    I have learned that it's always smart to have Raine in your party.
    She's the healer in the group, so it's always a good thing to have her on hand!

...would this count as a birthday present?
    Ah heh...

Oh, and does anybody have a good strategy on beating Sheena's friend? (Don't want to spoil it!) Eh, I just can't seem to rack up the combos with her like I can with Lloyd.

when the guy jumps up, u gotta run under him and when he lands hit him. then resume blocking position. equip sheena with two black onyx or a item that heals 3% of HP at a fixed rate *forgot what that item was called* also, make sure she has ex skill "guard plus". you have to guard a lot. when the guy is done attacking you have to block. i also found out she's much harder to use than lloyd :P with lloyd i cud beat up that guy in no time.

but i equipped sheena with money bag, 1 black onyx, and that healing thing. and she was level 57 i think. and i beat that guy. also, if u get lucky u should summon efreet.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    For Sheena against the friend.

I prefer to guard dash backwards when he starts his attacks and then run up to him when he jumps. As soon as he lands, combo up with 3 hits + a whole bunch of seals (she's supposed to combo up any seals you use other than pyre seal and cyclone seal). I prefer just straight up life seal following the combo (just to be safe). I think I actually did do life seal + pyre seal once too, but that would be purely coincidental. (then again, I link demon fang withe everything else and everything else with demons fang. maybe life seal too?)

btw, the onyx is good, but you want the yata mirror mroe than the 3% HP thing (you'll need to replenish TP also).

For Pronyma, I recommend either a setup of:
    Lloyd (player), Raine, Genis, Colette/Zelos

OR

Lloyd (player), Raine, Zelos, Presea

Basically you either have magic backup or just go ahead with 3 melee guys and slap everything (take down the Iduns first tho).

Last edited:

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
    Legendary_Pokemaster said:
    -.-; Well I beat pronyma... now im trying to defeat the mine defense system...-.-;
    A.K.A. The Door, hehe.

I just went around and demolished the flying guys first. Even though they respawn a while after, they're more annoying then anything else in the battle. The Door itself was a bit of a pushover, though I must say.... it's the hardest door I ever fought, hehe.

Oh, thanks you guys! I have yet to try it out, but I was trying to go along those lines in the first place, so I'm glad to see I was on the right track.

Yeah, ninja boy would be toast if I was using Lloyd, hehe.

What's a money bag though?

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
    you can buy it @ luin after u finish fixing it. :D u get twice the money~! its sheena's most powerful weapon you can buy.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    Yeah. The Gigglo title for Zelos is true (tho there are far better titles to use if you want stats). lol

I'd swear the money bag itself is practically useless after you've rebuilt Luin (think about it, you don't need an excessive amount of cash any time after)...wellexcept when you're in dire need of cash.

After stage 11 or something (it's on a past post I did), you can start buying funny weapons. If you do it just as you can go back to Sylverant, the weapons are at least 200 points more in attack than whatever you have. Also, they are the most powerful weapons that you can buy for any character (tho you will be able to earn stronger weapons later on through the Coliseum or special events).

And I found the semi-infinite combo for Sheena (from gamefaqs):

Force Seal and then move in closer to land the Serpent Seal Pinion. Then attack with regular combo, chain to serpent seal pinion. Continue with combo and serpent seal pinions. This combos until Force Seal is finished.

*note: you should use prolong, dash, and add combo for your EX skills (this gives you hard hit and some other compound EX skill that adds to combo damage). It's practically essential to use hard hit so Sheena has the small extra time to combo into herself.

Serpent seal pinion is a T-type move. So Sheena practicalyl has to be T-type to be able to use it.

*credit goes to guys at gamefaqs.

Apparently there are infinite combos for all the characters who can use spells (you use spell cancel to get out of the follow-through quickly). I'm not sure about this, but you can all try.

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
    that stuff looks complicated...the enemy usually dies before i can do any combo above 60. im' still trying to learn to use every character to compete in colosseum challenges. presea just swings that ax too slow!

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    lol well Presea's supposedly the one who has the largest attack radius and also she has awesome stats to compensate for her lowered speed.

*still trying to figure out how to fight with Genis and Raine...like they're impossible...and now starting Tales of Phantasia.*

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
    Man, I rented this game, and I'm going to have a hard time bringing it back. If I had the money I would buy it for sure, but unfortunately I don't. =\

Well, I'm currently at that abandoned Temple place that is behind Triet, and I am facing some sort of giant fire dog. o_O; He's really tough, and I keep losing. >_>; I already know that I should jump up before he shoots his little spikes, but the problem is is that I can't seem to ever jump up at the right time. oO; Ah well, I'll beat him eventually. ^^;

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
    i've seen the other tales game series. so far i like the drawings for tos the best. the graphics must be good for me to want to play the game. i've used raine before and it took me forever to figure out how to cast magic spells and by the time i figured out the enemy already caught onto me. i'd rather whack them with her deck brush.

what's the storyline to tales of phantasia?

this game is worth it to buy. that fire dog (ktunageh????? uh...starts with a *k* i remember) thing, maybe you can try blocking his attacks instead of jumping. o_O; good luck on your game!

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
    Zapchu said:
    i've seen the other tales game series. so far i like the drawings for tos the best. the graphics must be good for me to want to play the game. i've used raine before and it took me forever to figure out how to cast magic spells and by the time i figured out the enemy already caught onto me. i'd rather whack them with her deck brush.

what's the storyline to tales of phantasia?

this game is worth it to buy. that fire dog (ktunageh????? uh...starts with a *k* i remember) thing, maybe you can try blocking his attacks instead of jumping. o_O; good luck on your game!

Gah, why didn't I think of that? >>; Heh, after all, his attacks aren't even that strong, especially when I use Guardian. Bleh, I'm going to have to stock up on Apple Gels though, as my other team mates die very quickly. x_o

Thanks for the tip, I'll go and try to beat him again.

Shukuen Shinobi

Ninja Dude
    Years
    Hmm...I didn't have a problem with Volt, so I'm not sure what to tell you. Have Raine in your party for healing. I used Kratos, Lloyd, and Collette, though Genis is probably a better choice. Set one of your C-Stick commands to Raine's First Aid, or Nurse if she has it by then, and use it when you need it, and Raine SHOULD listen to you. Hope that helps a little bit.

Beat the game while I was away on vacation...

Spoiler: The Tree's name is...

Now I have my restart game, and I saved my old game to file 2, so I can do more sidequests, get all the best weapons, get more Grade, ect.

It was funny watching the last ending scene with Pirate Lloyd, Beach Collette, Judgement Kratos, Katz Genis, Maiden Raine, Klonoa Presea,Chef Regal, and Swimwear Sheena. XD

Next time I'll actually have em have their normal outfits. ^^;

Back