• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales Series Discussion Thread!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years

So the JRPGs occupy 25% of last gen games, cool.
Hey, PS3 had a really week start for the first couple of years. My percentages were about time, not amount or quantity of games. Even Vesperia hit 360 first. PS3 won in the end though and I think had the majority of the better titles - just took a long time.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
Ludger first in the Tales character rankings? Fantastic. One of my favourite male characters manages his first win! Of course they had to ban Yuri and Leon from this poll, haha. But it's still a win! Let's celebrate!

tumblr_mp989nyOO71rl352jo1_r1_400.gif

But, holy. Kongwai made the top 30? I never played Innocence R, but is he really that appealing or something?

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • he / they
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Aaaah, Luke, Jude, and Flynn. ;w; I am pleased.

Though, I'm sad that Guy and Alvin didn't rank higher.

Honestly surprised that Raven and Ludger ranked so high, but I am still learning about Xillia, so maybe Ludger is more appealing than he seems.

& Tear, omg, I'm sorry bby. <3 xD;

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday
I am actually quite surprised that for playable characters in Tales of Vesperia, the "old man" Raven managed to make it into the top ten. Course I am disappointed that Judith failed to make it into any of those thirty slots..
Raven's actually probably my favorite Vesperia character, so I'm glad he made it into the top 10.

Though I don't understand how Emil made it into the top ten and Judith isn't even in the top 30....wtf people?

Years
I've just been getting in to this series recently and I'm really enjoying it. I've only played Tales of The Abyss and Tales of Vesperia so far, but they were both great. I think I liked Abyss a bit more, but its still really close.

Sadly I don't have a PS3 (yet) but I'm still trying to play alot of the older games in the series. I went to the flee market the other day to try and find a copy of Symphonia, but I couldn't find one :(. I do have a Vita though, so I'll be able to buy Tales of Hearts R when it comes out!

Years
Ah! Ludger being first in the popularity poll makes me even more excited about Tales of Xillia 2 :D Hm, now whether to get/pre-order the Collector's Edition or not...

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday
As for the whole Mystic Arte sub-topic...my favorites are:

Raven's Blast Heart:
Spoiler:

Rita's Ancient Catastrophe:
Spoiler:

Yuri's Savage Wolf Fury:
Spoiler:

Especially with dat Hit Plus.

And yes, my favorite Mystic Artes all happen to be from Vesperia. It's probably because Vesperia was my first major exposure to Mystic Artes, since Symphonia originally didn't have MAs for all the characters and I haven't played ToS Chronicles in months, so I have yet to see the ones for the other characters. ToS: DotNW....just no. I wasn't impressed with Xilla 1's MAs, and I have yet to get to the point in Abyss where I can use Mystic Artes (still waitin' on my sister to finish it first....).

@Arc: I kinda Genis's version of Indignation (Judgment) better:
Spoiler:

Arc

Years
As for the whole Mystic Arte sub-topic...my favorites are:
@Arc: I kinda Genis's version of Indignation (Judgment) better:
Spoiler:
I never felt Genis had any form of "impact" with his Indignation, it's kind of bland for the lack of a better word. Heck, I prefer Rita's version over his. I like your Vesperia list though, probably the best MAs in Vesperia 360.
Spoiler:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday
Ya know, that version of Indignation is better....

Reactions: Arc

Arc

Years
Now, let's detract from all of the Zestiria and move to something closer to home now. At E3, Xillia 2 got itself a brand spanking new trailer full of story.

Spoiler:

ELLE NO. DON'T HUM THAT SONG D: Also, Julius is definitely voiced by Michael J. Tatum after seeing this trailer.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Note that the new Xillia 2 trailer... is kind of spoiler-y. Not obviously at first but uhh... well. I won't go on.

They also announced at E3 that Hearts R's localization will have the Japanese voicetrack and English script localization. So no dub this time. That's interesting, especially considering they decided to change the main character's name. :s I would have thought that if we're only ever going to hear the names spoken in Japanese, they'd keep them all the same but... guess not.

Arc

Years
Yeah, I was actually surprised on the choices of scenes that they decided to include for that trailer.

Completely forgot that Tales of Hearts R was confirmed for Japanese VO. Well, it's going to be odd hearing "Shing!" when in actuality it's going to be Kor. Also, wasn't Hisui's name changed to Jadeite as well for the English localization?

Cherrim

Years
Was it? It would make sense, except that I think they confirmed that they're going back to Kohaku. (Tales of Graces f localized her name as Amber when she appeared as a cameo character.)

I don't mind the name changes or anything, I just think it's kind of weird considering they're not dubbing it. But hopefully it's received well even if it's not dubbed, since that sounds a lot cheaper to localize and maybe they could keep that practice up for handheld/side games. Fingers crossed that we get more of them?

Years
At E3, Xillia 2 got itself a brand spanking new trailer full of story.

Note that the new Xillia 2 trailer... is kind of spoiler-y. Not obviously at first but uhh... well. I won't go on.

Apologies for interjecting, but does anybody know about the details of the pocket watch in the Collector's Edition? XD I'm debating on whether to pre-order it, but I don't really want to spend that amount to get a weightless pocket watch that doesn't have substance \: I've heard that it's just a simple replica with a mirror, and considering the whole package is ~1 pound in weight, according to Amazon, I highly doubt it will be made from genuine material(s).

Cherrim

Years
Apologies for interjecting, but does anybody know about the details of the pocket watch in the Collector's Edition? XD I'm debating on whether to pre-order it, but I don't really want to spend that amount to get a weightless pocket watch that doesn't have substance \: I've heard that it's just a simple replica with a mirror, and considering the whole package is ~1 pound in weight, according to Amazon, I highly doubt it will be made from genuine material(s).
I don't know what it's made out of, but if it's the same product that was released in Japan, it is indeed just a mirror. I could try to ask a friend who owns the original product what it's made out of but I'm pretty sure it's probably plastic since I doubt they'd be able to afford mass-producing anything else.

But if you are thinking of getting the Collector's Edition, you should pre-order it now while you think about it. There are very limited copies and I know most stores (including Amazon) won't even let you pre-order anymore. You could always cancel down to the regular edition if you change your mind later.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
Years
I don't mind the name changes or anything, I just think it's kind of weird considering they're not dubbing it. But hopefully it's received well even if it's not dubbed, since that sounds a lot cheaper to localize and maybe they could keep that practice up for handheld/side games. Fingers crossed that we get more of them?

Looking at some of the comments online, some people don't seem very happy with the idea of not dubbing it. It just looks like we'll have to wait and see how well received it is once it's released. Though there has been the idea that the Japanese dub could be turned off so just the text is playing?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Looking at some of the comments online, some people don't seem very happy with the idea of not dubbing it. It just looks like we'll have to wait and see how well received it is once it's released. Though there has been the idea that the Japanese dub could be turned off so just the text is playing?
Funny... Atlus fans complain about missing Japanese audio and Tales fans complain about missing English audio.
Wow, seriously, wow...

(Everyone should do this so English dubs of JRPGs could disappear from video games)

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
Years
Funny... Atlus fans complain about missing Japanese audio and Tales fans complain about missing English audio.
Wow, seriously, wow...

(Everyone should do this so English dubs of JRPGs could disappear from video games)

I understand that it will take time and cost money, but it seems that the only thing that will calm down this fandom is if there is both an English and a Japanese audio track or no voice tracks at all. Either way, people will find something to complain about.

Back