• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TC's Speed Breeding Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I'd rather not, as it may yield an unfair advantage against those that do not have the safari.

I see. But what if I happen to have the Pokemon from a while back from the GTS/WT, even if I don't have the safari? I'm asking because I happen to have a Seviper, but not the safari.

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
    Years
  • I see. But what if I happen to have the Pokemon from a while back from the GTS/WT, even if I don't have the safari? I'm asking because I happen to have a Seviper, but not the safari.

I'd like to ask this too since I am already finished but I already have a Dragonair and Arbok lying around my PC for the egg moves (I used them for that xD)

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • I see. But what if I happen to have the Pokemon from a while back from the GTS/WT, even if I don't have the safari? I'm asking because I happen to have a Seviper, but not the safari.

I'd like to ask this too since I am already finished but I already have a Dragonair and Arbok lying around my PC for the egg moves (I used them for that xD)

If you already have it it is just a matter of luck, so if it was lying in the PC it is ok.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    The egg move Helioptile are in the daycare. If it comes out Dry Skin, I'm done.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    If you already have it it is just a matter of luck, so if it was lying in the PC it is ok.

Thanks for the reply, I'm gonna use the Seviper and a Dragonite to do the egg moves, and I'm done. Though I think Peter has it already? :)

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
    Years
  • Done!

Sorry for the image quality. I am groggy since it's 1 AM here xD

Other images are still uploading, gonna edit them into the post

Spoiler:

This thing has 0 Atk IVs. @_@

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Done!

Sorry for the image quality. I am groggy since it's 1 AM here xD

Other images are still uploading, gonna edit them into the post

Spoiler:
    Darn you and your luck! Mine just hatched!

22xb2v.jpg

It doesn't show Naive in that screen since it's on the other tab. Can't get both the nature and ability, plus the moves, in one picture, but trust me, Naive nature was the first thing I did.

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot that the PC actually does that...I can reupload if necessary.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Summary of my experience doing this, with steps.

1. Caught the Helioptile on the second encounter (ran away from a Sandile).
    2. Got stuck on Rhyhorn's back, couldn't Fly. Ended up encountering another Helioptile. Captured it in case it turned out Naive. It wasn't and I released it later.
    3. Bred the female Naive Helioptile using a Naive Everstone-holding partner. Took to the fifth Egg to hatch the female. I was not amused; this long time gap cost me being the winner, as I spent about 10-15 minutes (or more) cycling back and forth. I wanted a female in case later steps didn't work out. Plus I needed to ensure the Egg Move Helioptile came out Naive to cover my bases.
    4. Dug in the PC and found my Sceptile from the GT11 post-game E4 challenge. Was going to use my Seviper, but it's female. Found another Seviper, a male, at Lv.28 and found out it learns Glare at Lv.24. Score!
    5. Utilized Heart Scales to get Agility and Glare back on the appropriate parents.
    6. Bred Helioptile with Seviper. Got an Egg.
    7. Repeated with Sceptile but took extra to ensure an opposite gender to the other. Thankfully, this time, I later found out I got it on the first Sceptile Egg.
    8. Hatched both Eggs.
    9. By this time, I had ended up with Sand Veil on both Eggs. Had no choice but to continue breeding the Sand Veil parents to get the Egg Moves together.
    10. Hatched THAT Egg and bred it with the original Dry Skin female from Route 9!
    11. Got the winner on the second Egg.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    It doesn't show Naive in that screen since it's on the other tab. Can't get both the nature and ability, plus the moves, in one picture, but trust me, Naive nature was the first thing I did.

Actually, you can deduce the nature from the stats that are shown in blue and red, so we can tell from your picture that it is in fact naive :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Just for fun, here's the empty box (ignore the Eevee, it's randomly wandering around) that is now filled with what was used here.

11ce0dd.jpg

The Sceptile and Seviper have since headed back to their original locations.

That top row is all from step 3. Those first three are males, nothing special, and barring good IVs, being released. The first of the four I actually released, then realized I can check IVs on these and kept the rest. The two Eggs in that row were bred after the female. The female...we'll get to her.

In the second row, that's a now Lv.10 Helioptile that knows Glare. Wrapping into the third row over the Eggs, the first Helioptile knows Agility and three moves learned at the daycare; this one is the Sceptile-bred one, and all of the extra Eggs came from that and I pulled it as soon as I knew I had a useable female, which explains why the Eggs went in first. These two were Serious and Modest.

After that comes a Naive female Lv.16; this one knows no Egg Moves, so I was using her for the nature exclusively. This is the Step 3 female. The next two after her are a male and female (now Lv.9) with the different Egg Moves; the Serious and Modest Egg Move holders were bred with her. Had I gone for the nature somehow in the earlier step, I might have saved time. I need to refine my process for tomorrow. Those last two in the PC eventually bred everything currently in my party except the Lv.7 Sand Veil male at the end, which bred with the missing female and original capture that is still at the daycare. The third slot is the winner pictured earlier. The second slot has Sand Veil. The other two are unhatched. I'm currently Wonder Trading, so I'll hatch and reorganize later.

Actually, you can deduce the nature from the stats that are shown in blue and red, so we can tell from your picture that it is in fact naive :)
    Good point! Wouldn't work on five natures, however. ;)

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Almost forgot to post my pics, was talking on the phone with one of my best friends, whose birthday happens to be today :puts on party hat:

Spoiler:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Side note for pic-posting; the images are a lot easier to view if you open them in Paint and reduce them to 40% or even a little smaller. I didn't do that yesterday, but decided to do that today. As you can see, they turned out well. I didn't even spoiler them. :)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Oh, now that I just started a round of golf, you post this. :P

I'll look later.

EDIT: I have looked. After numerous Foongus hordes (I ran) and five Poliwag hordes (I stood there and took the punishment with my Audino - I think I need to grow some paralysis-curing Berries, but they won't be ready until the end of the week and I have about 40 left), I was forced to fly back to Snowbelle and out of the Village area. I will take another gander in the morning and hope for better luck, but the Lombre horde is very rare.

What's very interesting is that they appear in the Hidden Grotto in B2/W2. If caught in an Ultra Ball and imported, that technically is a win. If female, that is even more win for a Kalos-bred one.

Oh, and FTR, I did not get a single HA Poliwag during that search, either. Five hordes. This won't be fun.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back