• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Daydream/Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
Years
  • Yeah we should use a few building tiles from HG/SS, and we will need some tiles from Emerald for Limestone City, since it is grandiose city.

SK3

Years
  • Yeah I like Emeralds grass tiles too, we'll definitely use them along with the Rustboro City tiles.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    ok sure =)

I made one version of the town, but it didn't really work for me...so I'm making another =)

BTW...we should add the Emerald grass path thing.

Murklurk

Pokemon Kunzite Founder
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 21, 2011
    You should give me info on wha t you want in the title screen, oh and i am almost done witht the first song will post it up tonight or tommorrow morning.

SK3

Years
  • ok sure =)

I made one version of the town, but it didn't really work for me...so I'm making another =)

BTW...we should add the Emerald grass path thing.

Yeah we'll add the tiles soon, can't wait to see the map.
    Murklurk I'll pm you about the titlescreen when I get home (at work) also can't wait ti here the song

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    Fr is a better game to hack in my opinion it has more opertunities like you can add a second region and (from what i hear) is much easier to hack

SK3

Years
  • Fr is a better game to hack in my opinion it has more opertunities like you can add a second region and (from what i hear) is much easier to hack

Yeah those are some good perks, we probably won't add a second region, or at least a whole one. I know that we'll need to add a certain part of Johto (Tohjo Falls and New Bark Town), and maybe have some islands too.

Update: Controversial has mapped the first town, but with two different tilesets. It is a bit small, so I'm thinking this certain section, or "suburb", of the main town which will be to the left. He also created the .ips, so everybody download it!

Here are the two maps he made (Novula Town):

unled100b.jpg

unled101d.jpg

I'm going to attempt at drawing a world map so I can show you guys where I want everything, but I suck at drawing and labeling x.x I'll still try though

In another news, Murklurk is working on our title screen, so hopefully we'll be able to see it soon :) I'm still debating whether or not we should release this as two separate games or one full one. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Murklurk

Pokemon Kunzite Founder
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 21, 2011
    Hey guys, im sorry but its gunna be a delay on the song and titlescreen......I had an episode with my g/f las night...ill prolly post them up tonight......=/

Controversial?

Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    Maybe a small route should separate the 2 suburbs from the main town...that was just meant to be villas anyway :)

I'd release it as 2 spearate ones, maybe there could be 2 archipelagos and you can visit one of them on each version :)

SK3

Years
  • Murklurk, it's fine man. Personal problems always come first in this team :)

And that's not actually a bad idea Controversial. If we release this as two versions, I'm not sure whether it'll be easier to work on them simultaneously or work in the other game right after the first games release. Either way since the game uses most of the same scripts it probably won't be too hard to develop. I'm also considering gender differences along with version differences, like the female protagonist fighting different canonical trainers, like the region champion

Last edited:

Controversial?

Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    Yea, that's a good idea as well - there should be 2 "rival"s as well, the normal one and then the other gendered character

SK3

Years
  • Yea, that's a good idea as well - there should be 2 "rival"s as well, the normal one and then the other gendered character

Yeah I was thinking that too, I already have a sprite for the rival, he just needs to be named.

After we finish the maps we need and get these scripts done guys, we're pretty much set to actually start on the main portions of the game. I'm thinking north of the main town will be a short route that leads to Twilight Forest.

Edit: Just noticed that our starting town can't be called Nuvela...because the B/W starting town is Nuvema. LOL.

Last edited:

Controversial?

Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    Haha...well tell me whatever you want done and I'll do it. Just to say, I'm not good with cities; towns and routes are more my thing, though I can do caves pretty well as well. :)

SK3

Years
  • Well I only have two or three cities planned to be in the game, it'll mostly be towns because I want this game to sort of reflect nature.

I've started a list of places, you guys can add onto this if you want. The gym types are mixed up so the game can be sort of challenging :)

Pokemon Daydream White Cities/Places/Gyms:

Starting town: Jade Village (???)
    - Twilight Woods
    - Routes 60 and 61

1st City: Limestone City

- Sea Port (???)
    - Gym Leader Adolphus (Water)
    - Route 62 to the left
    - Obsidian Cave
    - Route 63

2nd Town: Granita Town
    - Gym Leader Janet (Rock)
    - Granita Mines
    - Route 64

3rd Town: Flarela Town
    - Gym Leader Marlon (Fire)
    - Route 65 & 66
    - Scorched Cave

4th Town: ????
    - Gym Leader Percy (Ground)
    - Route 67
    - Wimbel Park

5th Town: Magnesia Town
    - Gym Leader Sgt. Surge (Lt. Surges daughter haha, Electric type gym)
    - Route 68 and 69
    - Bolt Mountain

6th Town: Cloudburst City
    - Gym Leader Arius (Flying)
    - Route 70

7th Town: Silverleaf City
    - Gym Leader Saul (Ghost)
    - Route 71 & 72
    - Cave of Dreams

8th Town: Durella Town
    - Gym Leader Velma (Dragon)
    - Route 73 and 74

These are all the towns I have planned, but we need to add more places to the game heh. Any suggestions?

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    Done :) lol i shall pm you now also before the first beta feel free to ask me to fix all the behaviour bytes

SK3

Years
  • Update: We've got a new team member guys. BlixxNova has decided to fill the spriter position!

Controversial?

Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    awesome :) do you think i should start work on the first route soon?

and BTW you should have towns in between the gyms as well :)
    I'll be one of tyhe E4 :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back