• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

leingodf8

GLEE!!!
Years
sigh if only there were a poison uber id shoot for being an executive (not that im sure id make it as one)...I could still try to be a commander or grunt though :T....

Hmmm I think ill wait and challenge this... Though i may change my mind

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 7, 2013
Application to Join:
Valen friend code is in siggg
Fire,Dragon,Steel
Strength, Devil,Justice

Scientist Davis

Paranormal Doctor
Years
sigh if only there were a poison uber id shoot for being an executive (not that im sure id make it as one)...I could still try to be a commander or grunt though :T....

Hmmm I think ill wait and challenge this... Though i may change my mind

Remember, an Executive does not require an uber. They are merely allowed one if they choose.

leingodf8

GLEE!!!
Years
lol, well then wth.. what have i got to lose...

leingodf8, fc: 4253 9864 9144
three types: Poison, Grass, Water
three tarot cards: Tower, Chariot, Fool

crimsonstorm

The Original Crimson
Years
  • WV
  • Seen Jun 3, 2011
Crimsonstorm fc: 2063 6919 3894

Types: Ground, Dragon, Bug

Cards: Death, Star, Judgement

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
For being a new member, you certainly have outdone yourself. I suggest you put the permission in the main post somewhere though. (Saying that Horizon had approved the thread)

This seems highly interesting and I would be honored to be a fellow executive if I do say so myself. Now you got me typing all weird with your strange but awesome writing style.

Here's my application:

Aero; 0431 4623 4356
Steel is all I can do...
Emperor; Judgement; Fortune

I'm sure I'll live up to expectations, but I have a quick question. Does each of our teams have to completely consist of our single type? As in, I'll have to use six steels? If so, I highly suggest making it so that only 2/3 of a team has to correspond with the type...having it all be monotype isn't a good idea, ever.

Also, freeze clause isn't possible over Wifi...freezing is a spontaneous event over Wifi.

Scientist Davis

Paranormal Doctor
Years
For being a new member, you certainly have outdone yourself. I suggest you put the permission in the main post somewhere though. (Saying that Horizon had approved the thread)

This seems highly interesting and I would be honored to be a fellow executive if I do say so myself. Now you got me typing all weird with your strange but awesome writing style.

Here's my application:

Aero; 0431 4623 4356
Steel is all I can do...
Emperor; Judgement; Fortune

I'm sure I'll live up to expectations, but I have a quick question. Does each of our teams have to completely consist of our single type? As in, I'll have to use six steels? If so, I highly suggest making it so that only 2/3 of a team has to correspond with the type...having it all be monotype isn't a good idea, ever.

Thank you, though your application must have three types. I can never promise anyone that they will get their first choice. And yes, your team must be fully Steel typed (including mixed pokemon, such as Metagross). Your suggestion is noted, though Team Destiny will remain unchanged. Additionally, it is noted in bold that Horizon approved this on the first post.

.Aero

Years
Thank you, though your application must have three types. I can never promise anyone that they will get their first choice. And yes, your team must be fully Steel typed (including mixed pokemon, such as Metagross). Your suggestion is noted, though Team Destiny remains unchanged.

Not to be too self-confident or anything, but I assure you that I'll be good enough to handle the steel type gym over anyone else that wanders the battle area here at PC. Just ask anyone really...

Also, I'll give a full monotype team a try, but I assure you, it's not smart, and even those of us that are extremely good at battling (Greene is a great example and will probably bring up the same point) won't be able to handle a fully monotype team as you can't cover all your weaknesses in a reliable manner.

I'm saying basically, if someone brought in a team of pokemon that could nail me with Fire, Ground, and Fighting type moves constantly, there'd be no hope in winning because as soon as my pokemon with Levitate dies, I'm extremely vulnerable to Ground type moves for the rest of the match. If Heatran dies, I'm extremely vulnerable to Fire...you see what I'm saying?

Scientist Davis

Paranormal Doctor
Years
Not to be too self-confident or anything, but I assure you that I'll be good enough to handle the steel type gym over anyone else that wanders the battle area here at PC. Just ask anyone really...

Also, I'll give a full monotype team a try, but I assure you, it's not smart, and even those of us that are extremely good at battling (Greene is a great example and will probably bring up the same point) won't be able to handle a fully monotype team as you can't cover all your weaknesses in a reliable manner.

I'm saying basically, if someone brought in a team of pokemon that could nail me with Fire, Ground, and Fighting type moves constantly, there'd be no hope in winning because as soon as my pokemon with Levitate dies, I'm extremely vulnerable to Ground type moves for the rest of the match. If Heatran dies, I'm extremely vulnerable to Fire...you see what I'm saying?

I do. However, I would like to see how this goes. I have run monotype for my own entertainment in competitive play and found great success merely by preparing for the obvious counter types in my movesets and strategies. Executives, as well, receive an uber each. I appreciate that you, too, are willing to give this a try. It feels more authentic to run a full monotype.

.Aero

Years
I do. However, I would like to see how this goes. I have run monotype for my own entertainment in competitive play and found great success merely by preparing for the obvious counter types in my movesets and strategies. Executives, as well, receive an uber each. I appreciate that you, too, are willing to give this a try. It feels more authentic to run a full monotype.

xD I was in your same exact position a while back (as in giving it a try first). I will try it out first, and if we all end up doing terrible, I highly suggest we revert to 2/3. It's a nice fall-back plan to have.

Anyway, could we do our test match tomorrow seeing as how I really should be asleep right now (oh, and I never plan to use an Uber unless it's Uber battles, which won't happen in this league).

Scientist Davis

Paranormal Doctor
Years
xD I was in your same exact position a while back (as in giving it a try first). I will try it out first, and if we all end up doing terrible, I highly suggest we revert to 2/3. It's a nice fall-back plan to have.

Anyway, could we do our test match tomorrow seeing as how I really should be asleep right now (oh, and I never plan to use an Uber unless it's Uber battles, which won't happen in this league).

This is not my first attempt at it. As I said, I have found surprising success playing monotype in competitive for a long time.

Yes, we may battle tomorrow. However, if you choose, as an Executive, to pass up the opportunity of an uber in your team- then I shall hear no complaints from you that the rules have caused you to lose. It is intended as a balancing factor against the aforementioned disadvantage of running a single type.

.Aero

Years
This is not my first time trying it. As I said, I have been successful playing monotype in competitive for a long time.

Yes, we may battle tomorrow. If you choose, as an Executive, to pass up the opportunity of an uber in your team- then I shall hear no complaints from you that the rules have caused you to lose. It is intended as a balancing factor against the aforementioned disadvantage of running a single type.

You seem awfully haughty and I'm not sure if it's just you pretending to be your own persona or if you actually believe that you have direct authority over me...it's kind of off putting honestly.

I'd enjoy seeing some of these monotype battles that you have played. :/ I've been playing competitively for about three years now and I frequent the S&M section. Monotype doesn't work...and throwing an Uber into the equation as an answer to the imbalance isn't much of an answer at all.

Maybe I'm just overly heated about this, but now I'm kind of questioning whether or not I even want to join this league...

Tori

just got sponsored
Years
at any point tonight are we going to have the test battle??
or would you like to postpone it?

Scientist Davis

Paranormal Doctor
Years
You seem awfully haughty and I'm not sure if it's just you pretending to be your own persona or if you actually believe that you have direct authority over me...it's kind of off putting honestly.

I'd enjoy seeing some of these monotype battles that you have played. :/ I've been playing competitively for about three years now and I frequent the S&M section. Monotype doesn't work...and throwing an Uber into the equation as an answer to the imbalance isn't much of an answer at all.

Maybe I'm just overly heated about this, but now I'm kind of questioning whether or not I even want to join this league...

Oddly enough, I have received the very same impression from you starting with your first post, what with your having broken the application rules out of sheer arrogance. I realize you may want to help. However, it is possible that I am here for the fun of it. Monotype is less than optimized, but it is far from the disaster you make it out to be. Thank you for your advice. Please forgive my impatience.

Last edited:

.Aero

Years
Oddly enough, I have received the very same impression from you starting with your first post. I realize you may want to help. However, it is possible that I am here for the fun of it. Monotype is less than optimized, but it is far from the disaster you make it out to be. Thank you for your advice. Please forgive my impatience.

Oddly enough, no where in my first post do I express any hint of authority over you...and I don't think I had throughout my entire presence in this thread. I do want to help, and I realize you're determined to make it what you want, but seeing as I have already discovered that you're just as stubborn as I am, I'll leave it at that.

I do admit thought, that I am becoming quite contemptuous as my posts continue, but I'm merely fighting fire with fire. What I get, I return in most cases and this must be one of them...

And with that I bid you ado, as you may have just lost one of your top executives...

Scientist Davis

Paranormal Doctor
Years
Oddly enough, no where in my first post do I express any hint of authority over you...and I don't think I had throughout my entire presence in this thread. I do want to help, and I realize you're determined to make it what you want, but seeing as I have already discovered that you're just as stubborn as I am, I'll leave it at that.

I do admit thought, that I am becoming quite contemptuous as my posts continue, but I'm merely fighting fire with fire. What I get, I return in most cases and this must be one of them...

And with that I bid you ado, as you may have just lost one of your top executives...

That is unfortunate and entirely your decision. Again, I apologize for losing patience at this late hour. Perhaps, another day, you will review the conversation and see some light of my side. It is very possible that Team Destiny will become 2/3 in the future. Right now, I would like to test this. Not because I am an amatuer, but because I see a world where theme, story, and depth are more important than tiers and optimization. Forgive me if you can. Otherwise, good bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back