• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Faze

Years
    Team Faze

PokemonSkySD

Credit to Dots for the Avatar
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    here is tadroli, but it feels abit flat, might need too re-shade it.
    Team Faze

comments?

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    It's very well drawn. I will tell you my three concerns.
    Firstly, I see what you mean about it feeling flat. More shading is required on the main body. Secondly, his eyes feel small. Not sure why this is, but it might just be that his pupils need to be a shade darker. Lastly, there's a lump on top of his head. XD
    Other than that nitpickery, it's very nice.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    Sweet. I like the fact that you added color to the eyes, something I wasn't sure would work in the drawing, but gives the sprite more color and appeal.

Hey Umbii, I'm having a really hard time thinking of a use for pixelations. I want to help you help me, but the only thing I really need at the moment is sprites... Can you please try to learn to sprite? It'd be much more useful, and you're probably wasting your time doing pixelations of the artwork. I've seen some really good sprites made by people who started out doing fusions, and I was hoping that you would be able to learn to scratch... But blah. My mistake.

Last edited:

PokemonSkySD

Credit to Dots for the Avatar
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    thanks, i needed too use up some more of the 15 colours, i had 2 left over. I'll get too work on it's evo next.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    Team Faze

RAGERAGEREAGE
    Looking for some criticism before I move on with this sprite. I really think he can benefit from another color like a gray or a black.

Well, the whisker things could be a little thinner. The back legs are always tough, but I suppose you could spread them out a little bit more. With his stance, you'd think they'd be splayed a little more.
    Moving on to colors... I'm not really sure about a black, you could try out a grey somewhere if you want. He should probably be a darker, more scarlet-y color on the main body.
    The front sets of legs look really good though. I think the fire patch on his back would probs come down a little further, but then again I can't say until it's done. If it's possible to make his head look a little more pointed in the front, do so, but it still looks good as-is at the current angle.

I'd imagine this is a really tough one to sprite, considering how awkward his shape is to put into pixels. I'm just throwing ideas at you, hopefully to spark some kind of inspiration or make you feel more confident about what you already had planned.
    Either way, I look forward to seeing how he turns out.

Years
    Just informing everyone that I am not going to be able to sprite for 2 weeks. Going on vacation and only taking my laptop. I honestly can't sprite on this thing. Sorry that I haven't been really spriting lately, but I was busy with finals.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    Just informing everyone that I am not going to be able to sprite for 2 weeks. Going on vacation and only taking my laptop. I honestly can't sprite on this thing. Sorry that I haven't been really spriting lately, but I was busy with finals.

Aww, alright. Well, there should be more progress in two weeks. I will probably be ready to insert any sprites you make when you get back.

5qwerty, how's Anobud coming along?

Years
    • Seen today
    Lawl, I have been scripting the whole week.

(Sorta)

But I can make one.

So basically, I haven't started.

Yet.

Years
    • Seen today
    Curse that Anobud, its leaves are so messed up, and I've been having size, and rather not anatomy issues.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    Curse that Anobud, its leaves are so messed up, and I've been having size, and rather not anatomy issues.

Here, use my failed attempt from many months ago as a guide/base.
    Team Faze

It's really hard to get it to be the right size. Heck, I think this one is too small.

Back