• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Faze

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
  • Since nobody's done anything in a while, I took it upon myself to sprite Larband.
    Team Faze

Opinions?

EDIT: After looking at it posted here, I decided the band on the tail needed to be wider.
    Team Faze

Does anyone agree?

Last edited:

PokemonSkySD

Credit to Dots for the Avatar
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    They're nice Curt, sorry about not doing anything lately. Been busy.

Will post the water starter evos soon.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • They're nice Curt, sorry about not doing anything lately. Been busy.

Will post the water starter evos soon.

I understand. I've been a little inactive as well, and I couldn't really expect you bust your balls over this when I'm not even doing anything. Pokemon Sky SD is looking good though.

Alright, I'll be trying my hand at making some custom music while I wait. I may sprite Nipmig and Scorpinch as well, thus putting us on the cusp of releasing an alpha.

Years
  • Since nobody's done anything in a while, I took it upon myself to sprite Larband.
    Team Faze

Opinions?

EDIT: After looking at it posted here, I decided the band on the tail needed to be wider.
    Team Faze

Does anyone agree?
    It looks nice, you're great at spriting. You could probably darken the outline on the right side of the head, and shade the back of thee body a little darker.

I messed around with that old incomplete Pyrorg sprite, how does it look now...?
    Team Faze
    Team Faze

It was a pain to sprite, and I didn't even bother with the fire. I planned for the flames to go where I put the yellow face.

Last edited:

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • It looks nice, you're great at spriting. You could probably darken the outline on the right side of the head, and shade the back of thee body a little darker.

I messed around with that old incomplete Pyrorg sprite, how does it look now...?
    Team Faze
    Team Faze

It was a pain to sprite, and I didn't even bother with the fire. I planned for the flames to go where I put the yellow face.

Well, the whiskers are still a little large, and something about him just feels a little thick. Overall, the anatomy is correct. I know it's a tough sprite to do.
    I'm going to be honest on the colors here... they do not fit well at all. I'd like to keep it consistent with the original concept and the colors of the first two in the chain. I'll take a look at it right quick...

I did some tweaking...
    Team Faze

Last edited:

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • It looked kind of jagged, so I did some more tweaking.

Team Faze

It's looking pretty good. I tweaked a few things that were bugging me, like the squareness of the head and the middle leg being so low. Let's get a comparison...
    Team Faze
    Team Faze
    Team Faze

Hmm, I wonder if it's too small... It does look more mature than Flarewig, though, so it might work.
    What do you think Kirbychu?

Last edited:
    Years
  • It's looking pretty good. I tweaked a few things that were bugging me, like the squareness of the head and the middle leg being so low. Let's get a comparison...
    Team Faze
    Team Faze
    Team Faze

Hmm, I wonder if it's too small... It does look more mature than Flarewig, though, so it might work.
    What do you think Kirbychu?
    The sprite looks fierce and Pyrorg definitely looks more mature than Flarewig.
    It can work as it is, but I think making a bit larger wouldn't hurt. You're call.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • There really isn't a way to make him larger without messing it up, and I think he looks fine as-is.
    Now the question is, are you ready to do backsprites?

Years
  • Is it really necessary to re-sprite Geoliz and Soilare?

I remember that we planned on editing my Soilare into Geoliz.

Team Faze

And here's squidley's Soilare. This one looks like it just needs some minor tweaks too.

Team Faze

He even went on and made an excellent backsprite.
    Team Faze
    '

Either way, I'll get to work on Loamate.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • Is it really necessary to re-sprite Geoliz and Soilare?

I remember that we planned on editing my Soilare into Geoliz.

Team Faze

And here's squidley's Soilare. This one looks like it just needs some minor tweaks too.

Team Faze

He even went on and made an excellent backsprite.
    Team Faze
    '

Either way, I'll get to work on Loamate.

Well the problem is that they don't have the same feel and style to them as the newer sprites. We can try editing them to fit in, but I'd like all of the sprites to feel like they're from the same game. Those sprites feel too much like RSE sprites, while we're trying to fit in with FR.

My computer has a virus or something.
    I can't press the Shift Key.

That sucks. How is it hindering MS Paint?

Years
  • Well the problem is that they don't have the same feel and style to them as the newer sprites. We can try editing them to fit in, but I'd like all of the sprites to feel like they're from the same game. Those sprites feel too much like RSE sprites, while we're trying to fit in with FR.
    But aren't they essentially the same style? The games share more than half of the same Pokemon sprites, only the original 151 and Teddiursa are different. The subtle differences in style can easily be tweaked.

Last edited:

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • But aren't they essentially the same style? The games share more than half of the same Pokemon sprites, only the original 151 and Teddiursa are different. The subtle differences in style can easily be tweaked.

True, true, all very true. I think that mostly it's the colors he used, the shading style, and the outlines. I'm sure we can make changes that will render them completely normal alongside our current sprites.

Back