• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Fire Stone

RioKura

Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2010
    I'm online now, what's up?

Those are pretty nice sprites too, but I'd rather her just be standing than running :\

GuyNDFan

Pokemon Light and Dark
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    um, sure, im also busy with my hack tho,
    Team Fire Stone

but yeah ill make the hero and heroine too, is there anything else i need to make for you?

PS the mods of ROM hacking never respond to me lol, thats why i dont have the hack up lol
    That's a bummer that they never responded to you.
    Ok, there has to be four different characters to begin with since the player's clothing will change if they choose to join Team Rocket.

GuyNDFan

Pokemon Light and Dark
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I'm online now, what's up?

Those are pretty nice sprites too, but I'd rather her just be standing than running :\
    That's true, I didn't even think about that. I'd prefer to have her standing too.

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
    oh yeah, got the team rocket sprites done!
    Team Fire Stone
    JK, it was a joke, so what should they look like? All i know is that rockets look like this

oohh, can i just, copy the body off and add new legs? it would be a lot easier as i already made that one joggin, lol

Last edited:

RioKura

Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2010
    @Red: Yeah.. it would probably look fine. I don't know what Guy thinks but I'd like to see it just standing normal first.

@GuyND: Get on MSN please, I'd like to talk about the hack a bit.

GuyNDFan

Pokemon Light and Dark
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    oh yeah, got the team rocket sprites done!
    Team Fire Stone
    JK, it was a joke, so what should they look like? All i know is that rockets look like this
    I want the hero to have black hair, and he can look like the Fire Red guy except his clothes and hat should be blue.
    If the player chooses to be male and join Team Rocket, the only thing you need to change is his hair.
    The female trainer should have long brown hair, with a purse bag (like Dawn's), and she should be wearing clothing like Dawn wears in Platinum (minus the beanie and the scarf). Her clothing should be in various shades of blue (instead of Dawn's various shades of pink).
    And finally, as a Team Rocket trainer, the female can look like the picture above, but with long brown hair.

@Red: Yeah.. it would probably look fine. I don't know what Guy thinks but I'd like to see it just standing normal first.

@GuyND: Get on MSN please, I'd like to talk about the hack a bit.
    I'd like to see her standing in a normal position as well. Redsabre, just adding new legs is ok for now.
    @Rio: I'm trying to get on but my computer is being really weird.

Last edited:

RioKura

Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2010
    @Red: Too lazy to put it in right now, will later though.
    @Guy: It's fine, not a big deal, I just had a few questions about stuff. I'll ask them later.

Also, when you say different interactions for male/female characters, that's an EXTREME amount of scripting combined with the two different storylines. I'd like to discuss that as a team at some point to get opinions when we have more people.

Also with the clothes changing thing, that might also be a tad hard but I'm sure it's possible.

If all of the above is able to be done, then this hack should turn out pretty good. But like I said, we should probably discuss it as a team.

EDIT: It's actually not that much scripting, but for individual events those will be mega long. But it will be possible and I know this for fact; I got a bit dramatic. Lol.

EDIT2:@Red: Msn is a messenger like Yahoo! Messenger and AOL Instant Messaging. You should consider getting one for team contact.

GuyNDFan

Pokemon Light and Dark
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    @Red: Too lazy to put it in right now, will later though.
    @Guy: It's fine, not a big deal, I just had a few questions about stuff. I'll ask them later.

Also, when you say different interactions for male/female characters, that's an EXTREME amount of scripting combined with the two different storylines. I'd like to discuss that as a team at some point to get opinions when we have more people.

Also with the clothes changing thing, that might also be a tad hard but I'm sure it's possible.

If all of the above is able to be done, then this hack should turn out pretty good. But like I said, we should probably discuss it as a team.

EDIT: It's actually not that much scripting, but for individual events those will be mega long. But it will be possible and I know this for fact; I got a bit dramatic. Lol.

EDIT2:@Red: Msn is a messenger like Yahoo! Messenger and AOL Instant Messaging. You should consider getting one for team contact.
    Anything worth doing takes time and effort! :D
    I think that if we are able to make this, it'll be amazing.

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
    actually the two different storylines can be done the easy way, which will take up more room on the ROM or the hard way, which will take up less

easy way, import another rom into advancemap/other base rom hacker and have the player chose, and it will direct them to the whole different ROM of thier choice, we will have to script two different things, and map the same

hard way, make overlapping events that only occur when the chosen path interacts with them, will take much more proggraming but less room on the Rom and stress on the VBA

ew, messenger is microsoft

RioKura

Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2010
    @Red: You don't have to use it. Just a suggestion if you want the best of team contact.

Just as well, I'm not busy for the most part now, so I'm all for doing stuff.

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
    no, im still downloading it for communication.
    and prof. is almost done

hows this? tomorrow ill make it better
    all i did was copy and rotate the arm, and added new legs and a BAD high heel on our right, the left one i like tho

Last edited:

GuyNDFan

Pokemon Light and Dark
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    no, im still downloading it for communication.
    and prof. is almost done

Team Fire Stone

hows this? tomorrow ill make it better
    all i did was copy and rotate the arm, and added new legs and a BAD high heel on our right, the left one i like tho
    Not bad, put do you think she could have her arms down? It kinda looks like she's a trainer ready to battle, haha.

GuyNDFan

Pokemon Light and Dark
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Team Fire Stone
    Team Fire Stone
    Team Fire Stone
    Team Fire Stone

hows this?
    i made the arms down, added a sprite for beggining of game, where the prof. holds the pokeball and sends out Nidoran
    I like the sprite where whe's holding a Pokeball, but her arms look kinda awkward in the picture without the Pokeball; like she's been taking steriods :D. But otherwise, it looks good.

RioKura

Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2010
    Dude, those sprites are awesome! Can you do backsprites? I'd also suggest making a complete sprite box with everysprite from the game for the hero/heroine, but it's probably not necessary.

Once again I'm really impressed. Those are good. Like really, really good.

EDIT: The professor's arm is like a... curved stick. Lol. Use a base of the normal heroines left arm, or right arm if you're behind her, as an example for the Prof's. Otherwise, looks fine.

EDIT2: I actually would rather the male's hair isn't so medium length, it looks kind of weird.

Back