• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Team Plasma's Scheme?

Years
  • Team Plasma's Scheme?

Team Plasma's Scheme?

What are your opinions regarding team Plasma's plot, specifically (Geechizu and N's) plans to free Pokemon from the dominion of humans? Did they have good intentions, by freeing the Pokemon, or is their plan made with selfish reasoning? How would you rank them with previous villainous teams?

Discuss.

Last edited:

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Team Plasma and N have good intentions. Especially N, he's compassionate and closely bonded and befriended to all Pokemon. He cares and loves them deeply and that is his motivation.

Geechisu however does not have good intentions, he is evil and corrupt.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • It's mostly selfish because not all people have bad intentions with Pokemon, like Geechisu. I like N's beliefs, but he's taking those beliefs to the extreme.

Years
  • It's mostly selfish because not all people have bad intentions with Pokemon, like Geechisu. I like N's beliefs, but he's taking those beliefs to the extreme.

I agree. Any extreme, good or evil, is almost never a good thing. Not to mention N seems to miss the point that Pokemon and people live in a symbiotic relationship, with each replying on the other in harmony.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • I was a little confuzzled about their plans at first. But its something that I would never guess that Game Freak would put into a game. It is a two sided scheme. They think they're doing good, but they're not. This actually sounds familiar, Team Aqua and Magma anyone?

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • As long as N wants it, it is okay with me~ <333
    Unfortunately, the game can't progress until I beat him. ;-;

I actually find them to be a lot less bad than the other bad guys. Their goals. For the whole entire Pokemon race, rather than for the improvement of an individual. (Though Geechisu ruins that) But none-the-less, they are still "bad" guys with somewhat evil intentions, and must be stopped... Pokemon wouldn't be the same Pokemon without us cramming them in tiny PokeBalls! D:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I was a little confuzzled about their plans at first. But its something that I would never guess that Game Freak would put into a game. It is a two sided scheme. They think they're doing good, but they're not. This actually sounds familiar, Team Aqua and Magma anyone?
    Yeah it is like Team M and A from RSE, as in they are all trying to do good.
    Only difference is that the leader is being manipulated by his father who has the opposite goals.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I believe N had his good intentions. But his mind got clouded by Geechisu, and then N went all out of his way to make his plan succeed. I would just say he misunderstood the situation. Geechisu is definitely to blame though. Either way, both of their actions reflected badly on them.

Years
  • I wish they would clear up their plan...I mean what would the legendaries have done to accomplish N's and his father's goals...unless they were planning on treating people to give up their pokemon throughout the world...with the "original" dragon...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    They steal Pokemon, end of discussion.

That's not directly answering whether you thought of their scheme, though. :(

I don't entirely know the whole storyline, so I can't really judge, but from what I do know, I think the idea of freeing Pokemon is nice but, would be better if they just y'know found out what the Pokemon actually wanted and whether they felt like humans were controlling them, but of course, it's Pokemon so it has to be made complicated. So yeah.

Years
  • The end of the story is just… wow. I love the depth they put into Team Plasma. I especially like how things were building up during the game. The plot reveal at the end was rather stereotypical, though.

Unlike other teams, their motives were quite interesting, and they really did get in our way in the end, unlike the other games.

They actually did seem like a more cohesive and organized threat than either team Rocket or Team Galactic, as in they make things very hard for our protagonists for awhile there.

I actually like them a lot more than the previous few teams, tbh.

Years
  • Their goals were pretty realistic (for a pokemon game) and I liked that you could sympathize with them at least a little.

It subtly addresses one of those issues you sometimes read about, i.e., that pokemon is just cartoon cockfighting, and even though the overall response in the games is "pokemon want to be our friends and battle for us," like it always is, at least you get to see the games addressing some of their critics and finding a way not to completely villainize their point.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • i would say obtain power and use it to free pokemon with force...........best way posible if no one understands your purposes....

Snowflakes

GONNA HATE?
    Years
  • Good intentions (for the most part; not sure if Geechisu would be included in the "Characters with Good Intentions Club") but not so good actions. Really, I can't decide whether or not I like Team Plasma. At some points, I do feel genuine pity for them. This is the most well-thought out team in a while...some could argue ever. This team is very similar to Team Magma and Team Aqua. That's not a bad thing; Team Magma/Aqua were my favorite teams of all. :> The ending of RSE...I felt so bad for the respective leaders...

Anyway...

I don't necessarily approve of Team Plasma, but I'm not entirely against them either. They're kinda like PETA...I'm not for or against PETA in kinda the same way I'm not for or against Team Plasma. Team Plasma is the PETA of the Pokemon world, wouldn't you agree? ;P But yeah. The situation with them isn't black and white; you can't really call them "evil" but you also can't really call them "good".

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
  • Team Plasma's Scheme?

this image pretty much explains everything in my opinion
    BAHAHAHAHA, I love Maxie and Archie's reactions to each other. Made my day. (:

But anyway, I like that Team Plasma is a little different from the others. It's weird, yeah, but I like it. Plus, anything is better than Team Galactic; Cyrus gives me the creeps. ):

Years
  • N and Cyrus actually aren't all that different both were loners but N was raised by Pokemon and Cyrus was raised...with robots...maybe it's what they were raised with that lead to different plans...
    So Yeah N and Cyrus are two parts of the same coin...

Back