• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Teen Pregnancy

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • No, they're not the same thing, but are quite simalar. I don't see how you can sit there and say that people that get raped were not taken advantage of. It's ALWAYS being taken advantage of.

"77% of rapes are committed by someone known to the person raped." (https://www2.ucsc.edu/rape-prevention/statistics.html)

If you know the person, they are taking advantage of you. You don't have to be seduced. I wasn't. I was just used. Taken advantage of. It doesn't necissarilly have to be just like my case. My naturally trusting nature and naive ways were taken advantage of. You may just be physically weak and your rapist takes advantage of that. You may love your family more than anything in the world. Your rapist may take advantage of that and threaten them. There are MANY things that can be taken advantage of. Somehow, someway, a person who has been raped HAS been taken advantage of.

And this is getting really off topic...

So in order to save my humiliatingly glaring ignorance of the post topic. I restate:

Teen Pregnancy is usually the teens' faults. They need to have the baby and put it up for adoption at the very least. The only acception should be rape.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    YoMama said:
    Now teens can get an abortion without the parents knowing about it. Its like shooting someone and expecting the police to leave you alone. It can be a very cruel world. Things happen at times when you would least expect it to.
    Abortion isn't necessarily the same as murder. I think in many cases it's probably not too different from euthanasia. I'd bet there's a lot of instances in which you'd have to ask yourself if it would be more cruel to have the child.

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
  • Allstories said:
    Abortion isn't necessarily the same as murder. I think in many cases it's probably not too different from euthanasia. I'd bet there's a lot of instances in which you'd have to ask yourself if it would be more cruel to have the child.

Its not a good thing either. Teens just shouldn't have sex. They usually find out that there consequences involved. The sad though is that a lot of them learn this after they have the baby.

Back to what Nagoyaka Aikouka said about 77% of the time the raper is someone the victim knows. I've heard some really sick stories involved with this. Grandmothers raping granddaughters. Dads raping newborns. Its just a very sick world. Law enforcement officers have done their best, but they can't stop everyone.

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    YoMama said:
    Rape is taking advantage Dawson.

You can ask anyone who was raped before, especially the 5-year-olds that Michael Jackson did away with.

How do you know for sure that Michael Jackson raped the boys he slept with? Just because he slept with them doesn't mean he raped them. Sleeping with someone doesn't always have to mean having sex with the person you're sleeping with.

YoMama said:
    Well put Bell.

Abortion is scary though. Taking away an innocent human life because you made a mistake. If you bring a baby into this world, you shouldn't kill it. You probably show have never cuddled in the first place.

Now teens can get an abortion without the parents knowing about it. Its like shooting someone and expecting the police to leave you alone. It can be a very cruel world. Things happen at times when you would least expect it to.

The parents would eventually find out. You couldn't walk into your house with a huge amount of extra weight in your lower body and the parents not suspect something is wrong. Chances are they're not going to let you get away with things like this. That would make the parents unhuman if they let you escape from punishment.

Raping is another thing, though there are two ways your parents can respond to it. One, they could simply feel sorry for you. Two, they could give you that "Do you know what could have happened to you?" leature and punish you for life.

The parents will get involved if they suspect something abnormal is going on. That's why sex should be done when you go away to college. It should be done when your true love and you are really close and accept whatever comes your way. That's when you should have sex.

A high schooler goes to a party at his best friend's house where they invite all the popular people in your grade. The women get drunk, and that puts some of a men in a position to easily get the ladies cuddle with them. The women wakes up the next morning and realizes she has no clothes on and she's sleeping with a men that also has no chothes on. That can be bad.

Many teenagers decide that sex is cool. They end up regreting it later.

Having sex as a teenager is fine as long as you use protection and things that will prevent transfer of STDs and pregnancy. And teens aren't the only ones who have abortions, adults do as well. If you were raped, your parents wouldn't chastise you. If they do, they're giant idiots who don't know anything, unless they're the parents of the one who raped the person.

Also, how old are you? I'm just curious, it can be important in this.

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    YoMama said:
    What? I don't need to tell you my age.

I need to know how old you are to see how knowledgeable you could be about teens having sex.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Considering that all of his arguments are either conjecture or rash generalizations, coupled with his irrational defensiveness, I'd guess he probably doesn't know what he's talking about. You don't have the right to force his age out of him, but I'd say you can make a decent guess.

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    I would say a decent guess is 11 or 12, and what he's reciting is what he learned in his 6th grade health class or from some other educational thing in school, like another class or some educational "acting group" that visited his school for an assembly.

Freenaturearts

Mentor in oekaki
    Years
  • I myself think it is the choice of the teen to abort or alow adoption, no teen should be taking care of a chld cause it's as my teacher says, it's babies taking care of babies, it's like asking a fawn to Do it with a adult male dear, their first of all iresponsible to have a child if they have sex at 13 to 18, and their not ready for a kid cause they truly are still kids, but abortion is no different then Putting a needle in a hamsters heart, abortion is just as paintful. And their just as small as hamsters so in a way you can put them under the sleeping gas and kill them that way cause they just stick a thick bootser into your belly botton and pop the sack the baby is in, then the babie suffacates and withers in your body as a bloody mass of rocks, then you (the female) Bleed anywhere from normal period of 6 days, to 24days depending on the amount of time the baby was alowed to grow and you can pass rock size masses the size of a icecream scoop once every week threw that period if it was nearly ready to be born...It's sad really so I would even go for adoption.

Thankfuly I am one of those who is lucky enough to not wish to make the world more gross with our own kind, last thing it needs is one more baby=/. However in the end it's the two spirits choice, you want the baby, and the baby suceeds to survive, then it was ment to be and you could be a perfict mother, age is no differents when it comes to real forms of nature in humans, long as your not under 16.

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    Freenaturearts said:
    I myself think it is the choice of the teen to abort or alow adoption, no teen should be taking care of a chld cause it's as my teacher says, it's babies taking care of babies, it's like asking a fawn to Do it with a adult male dear, their first of all iresponsible to have a child if they have sex at 13 to 18, and their not ready for a kid cause they truly are still kids, but abortion is no different then Putting a needle in a hamsters heart, abortion is just as paintful. And their just as small as hamsters so in a way you can put them under the sleeping gas and kill them that way cause they just stick a thick bootser into your belly botton and pop the sack the baby is in, then the babie suffacates and withers in your body as a bloody mass of rocks, then you (the female) Bleed anywhere from normal period of 6 days, to 24days depending on the amount of time the baby was alowed to grow and you can pass rock size masses the size of a icecream scoop once every week threw that period if it was nearly ready to be born...It's sad really so I would even go for adoption.

Thankfuly I am one of those who is lucky enough to not wish to make the world more gross with our own kind, last thing it needs is one more baby=/. However in the end it's the two spirits choice, you want the baby, and the baby suceeds to survive, then it was ment to be and you could be a perfict mother, age is no differents when it comes to real forms of nature in humans, long as your not under 16.

That deer analogy doesn't really work since teen pregnancies don't only come from a teen girl and an adult man having sex. Also, it's fine for 13-18 (well, maybe not 13) year old people to have sex as long as they use protection and things that prevent STDs and pregnancy, as I mentioned in a post earlier. And also, first you say anyone 13-18 isn't ready for a baby, then you say anyone 16 or older is ready for one. Also, what are the two spirits? Is it some religious thing?

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
  • Zone said:
    I need to know how old you are to see how knowledgeable you could be about teens having sex.

For the reality check, age isn't equal to knowledge. Maybe in someways, because the longer you're alive the more you experience, but there are 12-year-old doctors and 50-year-old hobos. Can you guess which one's smarter?

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    YoMama said:
    For the reality check, age isn't equal to knowledge. Maybe in someways, because the longer you're alive the more you experience, but there are 12-year-old doctors and 50-year-old hobos. Can you guess which one's smarter?

Well, you don't seem to be too knowledgeable on it anyways, because you seem to not know anything about a little thing called "protection," and another little thing called "birth control pills."

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    YoMama said:
    Condoms don't protect you against everything. Only some of the known STDs such as HIV/AIDS.

We're not talking about everything right now, we're talking about pregnancy.

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
  • You're telling me. As some of the other mods know, I had to watch a mechanical baby for a weekend and it forced me to stave off all of my sleep for one night, so from Friday I never slept until 11.00pm on Saturday. Luckily, my brother's friend punched it and my sister damaged it, and the baby's battery died Saturday afternoon, so that was the end of that. Still, I couldn't have gone the whole weekend with one — I'm remaining celibate for at least six more years.

Back