• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Terra: A New Era [OOC Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    Yikes. Pretty unlucky, there. Random.org doesn't seem to be your friend. Oh well, I'm sure you can do it next time!

Another topic: You think a rare Pokémon is hard? Look at a legendary!

Base Catch Rate: 5%
    Ultra Ball: 20%
    Two Status Effects: 40%

Without a Master Ball, you're looking at a maximum 65% chance of capturing a Legendary - and you only have one attempt EVER!

UraharaSteph

Science Has Never Been So Sexy
    Years
    Haha Oh dear~ Looks like that site isn't my friend xD But I'm not going to give up that easily. Sapphire'll hopefully get her hands on that Nidoran boy~ And poison Pikachu with it's abillity to sometimes poison Pokémon XD. If I don't get that, then bugger, I just use the last Pokéballs to try and catch Pikachu... again. XD I'll stay up all night if I have to!

Oh~ a question, When Meowth learns payday, will that allow me to boost up my money at times?

(I'm dreading catching a legendary... Although the only one i'm interested in is Articuno.)

Oh another question~ Later on in the Role Play, let say when Sapphire get's her 4th/5th gym badge, do you think she'll be able to obtain or at least make a trade with her brother so she can have vaporeon in her party? I mean, I'd trade a pretty good Pokémon to get a vaporeon on my team :D

((It's 2am and I'm up RPing heh))

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    It would really depend, you know. Plus, you'd have to take a big level hit for something like that.

UraharaSteph

Years
    Bah I didn't like how the last message read, so I'm completely re wording it.

Well we'll just have to see how everything goes I guess. I'm too tired to work out complicated things like that haha.

As for this whole Pikachu situation, I may have to just give up on it and try something new tomorrow. I'm determined to catch the Pokémon, and if I fail again then I fail, but over night I'm going to have to think up a decent strategy. This almost reminds me of me and my Pokémon Ruby game right now... I started it again and I don't know why, I don't even like third generations, but I caught a magikarp and it's at level 19 after being through such tough battles with me! I'm desperatly trying to evolve it so only a few more levels to go! But I'm trying to think of the best strategy to level it up with out waisting time in battle since it only knows splash and tackle.

Sapphire had one thing to say to that "Bugger"

Last edited:

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    Oh, you're sure to have better luck next time. Lucky for you, there is a twelve hour wait period after a failed rare Pokémon capture attempt, so you can use the time to think up something. Also, there are no innate abilities in this RP due to difficulty in implementation. If you really want to poison the Pikachu, you may try capturing a Weedle and having it use Poison Sting, though poison only grants a 5% increase in catch rate. To be brutally honest, rare+ Pokémon aren't meant to be economically viable at this stage in the game, with such a lack of available Pokémon to apply status effects/such a small money pool for better balls. If you're hellbent on a Pikachu, you may want to advance a little further and at least acquire another status effect. Jigglypuff is soon to be available :)

UraharaSteph

Years
    Hmmm I may pass on the electric type. I'll come back to it at a later time in the game, perhaps when magnamites are available. I'll probs end up releasing Nidoran then after a while, or putting him in the PC box. Tell me please~ where abouts do you think Fire Pokémon will come into it?

As you can probs tell I'm trying to build up my Pokémon team as a mix.
    Psychic
    Normal

Ones that I want to obtain
    Electric
    Fire
    Water
    Grass

And some of them will know different type moves. Such as water might know an ice move, grass might know poison moves, normal can learn dark type moves and probs fighting moves. But I'd probs end up replacing either grass or normal with a flying type pokémon

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    The first fire types are set to be Growlithe and Ponyta on Rt. 423.

dragonitelover

dragonitelover
    Years
    Name: Jesse Kanolye
    Appearance:. Jesse is very skinny and has some muscle in his upper arms, two traits he herited from his moms side of the family. His hair is short, brown and always messy. Stnding out n all directions. Its a hassle to keep flat. His dark green eyes and smile our said to be his best features. His skin is very tan, which reflects the sun. On his neck are two puncture holes ,that he was graciously given by a ferocious Ekans. He encountered in his backyard when he was six.

Clothing: He usually wears a deep blue shirt and dark green hoodie,that matches the color of his eyes. His lucky high tops are his favorite possession. They are pure white and have a black stripe that runs across the laces. His dark blue jeans are held up by a pitch black belt. That has six holsters. Soon to be home to his pokemon

Personality: Jesse is extremely quite and shy. He is terrified of bee and ghost pokemon, like Beedril and Gastly,and will run in fear in sight of them. He is an admirer of Grass and Water Pokemon. Jesse loves sweet and spicy foods and usually mixes the two together. His favorite meal would be hot wings and sugar. He attempts to try new things,but usually chickens out and when put in a tight situation. He panics and loses all focus. He's known to be unable to turn down a dare. One of his worst character traits.

History: When he was only ten years old his father passed away in a work related accident. The Power Save belt of one of the working Machamp's, snapped. Causing it to lose control of its movements. It swung the matal girder it was holding. which slammed into Jesse's dad . Killing him on impact . Since his dad died in the hands of a Pokemon when he was so young ,he grew to detest them. He accused them for all the nights he had cried himself to sleep . His mother couldn't figure out how to solve this dilemma. Untill she came in cotact with Professor.Thompson. Through an artical in the Delibird paper.

Third times the charm?

Last edited:

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    You're still misusing punctuation and misspelling words. I'll tell you what, give me a ten paragraph RP sample and I'll put you further into consideration.

liveitout

What? Where?
    Years
    Listen, I just don't think I can keep up in this roleplay. I wasn't even aware that Pokemon like Magikarp and Pikachu were available yet, and I was planning to spend ages longer in the park, getting my Bulbasaur to lv. 7 so he would learn Leech Seed and be able to successfully battle a Pidgey for Morgan to catch. Furthermore, I was hoping the rp would be as much about character interaction as Pokemon battling, but if Morgan took the time to talk to other characters, I would fall even further behind! You guys are all planning your teams, and I'm thinking about where Morgan is going to spend the night. Sorry, I'm going to have to drop out. ): I hope it's not an inconvenience.

Psyche, would you put Bulbasaur back on the list of available starters? Or can we just say that Morgan got distracted by something shiny and derailed from her journey, taking her Pokemon with her?

Last edited:

UraharaSteph

Years
    Liveitout has got a point.
    there is not enough human interaction. Are we allowed to make up people to battle? Say, we're in the forest there are bound to be bug catchers about. If we could fight them and make probably loose friendships with them than that would be good, and also trainer battles would help level up the pokémon faster than just battling against wild Pokémon. Also, it's fine having the rival and the gym challenges and all, but they're always going to be one step ahead, so can we make little fighting characters that we can beat and level up on?

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    Ahaha. I'm actually about to delete my post, I've gotta redo it.
    Also Urahara, I loved that bit with your Nidoran, it was so cute!
    It had me giggling while I read it XDD

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    The post that ShadowYashi recently made was very good, but they unknowingly did something wrong. You see, I am making a database of trainers who exist in Terra, and will eventually place them throughout the routes. So in a few days time, there will be a few bug catchers in Rt. 402, etc. Therefore any NPC trainers are going to be controlled by me.

Look, everyone. I'm not sure any of you grasp what this roleplay is about, at all.

- It's NOT about being in first place and becoming the first person to reach x.
    - It's NOT about having the highest level team possible.

What it is about is taking things at your own pace and using experiences that you gain in the way you want to. If you want to stay in the park for a long time, that's fine. If you want to move along at a quicker pace, that's fine too. There is no requirement for how quickly you must move or even where you move to. You take it at your own pace, characters like Maxx only serve to open it up a bit.

The reason there haven't been any other trainer battles as of yet is because I'm working on a centralized database of possible trainers for you people to battle. as in, right now, I have about eight or nine that will be making appearances along the way, including two bug catchers. You guys aren't giving me enough of a chance. this is going to be on of the best RPS here. You'll see. Just don't allow your inability to keep up prevent you from playing - take everything at your own pace.

Last thing: The story is mainly about your solo journey to reach the top of Terra. If you want to group with someone, let them know! Maybe they want to group up too! People can do whatever they want in this RP, it's treated like an actual world.

Edit: A new trainer has been implemented inside Route 402. He is a bug catcher and is waiting for your challenge.

The correct way to battle a trainer:
    First, make sure you are in the location the trainer you would like to battle resides in. Next, make a post so that you explicitly challenge the trainer to a battle. When fighting a trainer, the proper way to battle is by using your language so you take control of the opponents Pokémon as few times as possible. This is the opposite of a battle with wild Pokémon, in which you want to finish the battle off in one post.

Example:
    <insert mocking statement to rile up emotions>
    "Charmander, I want you to run up behind that Butterfree who is attempting to use Stun Spore, duck under it, and use an Ember on it's back!"

Next, go into detail with your Pokémon following your orders, making sure not to god-mode your way out of attacks.
    Example:

Charmander, keeping his eyes on the opponent, took off in a mad dash while avoiding the yellow spores, eventually reaching the Butterfree and ducking under it, springing up and letting loose a ball of fire toward it's back.

After attacking, never make the attack connect on your own; it is up to the opponent to decide whether or not the attack connected. The trick is making the attack as "un-avoidable" as possible so your opponent either takes the blow, or looks like they are god-moding. Leeway is granted with level differences: A level 10 is more likely to dodge an attack by a level 6 than a level 9.

Last edited:

UraharaSteph

Years
    @ShadowYashi: Thankssssss I just wanted to have an over dramatic Pokémon XD But I think I even made myself fall in love with that Nidoran <3 XD

And Thanks Psyke. I think I get it. And yeah, I understand this is about an individual journey I have no problem with that, I was just thinking that my character Sapphire would want to get out there and battle as much as possible. Also, I'm very sorry. I just assumed you would have made the trainers since they slow down the pace we're going at and give you more time to develop the next lot of routes and so on.

EDIT: oh I also corrected my post about the gym. Sorry I've been a bit all over the place today ~.~ I keep trying to develop my character and story but then I keep forgetting the little things. Also, I'm glad to see my post made you laugh and feel sadness ^_^ I'm hoping this RP will help me a lot with my writing skills as I'm needing them for college.

Last edited:

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    Okay. Today brought two new areas, four new trainers, and thirteen new Pokémon!

I'm also giving out two wildcard spots to join the RP, and Squirtle remains untaken.

PM me with any questions, or post them here!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2013
    Squirtle-Squirt

Hey Psyke when you said two wildcard spots and Squirtle remains untaken are you talking about Dragonitelover and Riger or are you adding two free spaces along with the free Squirtle (2+1=3 :D).

Also on another note since this only has Kanto pokemon (1-149) does that means their baby forms are available since technically speaking they could've been there just no one found them. Personally I don't care having just 001-149 because they was the most original Pokemon (I just really love Politoad and wouldn't mind having him if possible).

Okay that's fine.

Last edited:

.Psyke

A Boy and His Alakazam
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    No, baby Pokémon are not available. The wild card spots are there to entice other people to join up who may not want to use a starter listed. I need more people to join this RP... the activeness is just too low for the amount of work I've invested into it.

Edit:

Okay, so now we are offically down to two people in this roleplay. Damn. I guess it's not going to work out after all.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2009
    Name: Bartholomew Jenson III (Bart)

Physical Description: Bartholomew is on the chubby side, at 180 lbs on a 5'4" frame. He tends to wear such clothing as a dress shirt covered with a designer suit and matching suit pants. His shoes glisten with the glare of the sun and are a deep black in color.
    Personality Description: Bartholomew is the son of a wealthy business mogul and thus acts as if the world belongs to him. He is very superficial and pretentious and doesn't mind showing it. He treats Pokémon as he believes they should be treated: inferior.
    Region of Origin:
    Rustboro City, Hoenn
    Prior Experience:
    Due to the close ties of the Jenson family to Silph Co. in Saffron, Bartholomew was bought numerous Master Balls and was allowed to choose which Pokémon he wanted from anywhere across the nation. He picked a strong team of completely evolved Pokémon and ran through the Hoenn league, becoming very bored in the process due to lack of challenge.
    Starter Choice: Squirtle

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back