• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 30-day Song Challenge - Again! [read first post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
  • Day 24 - A song that you want to play at your funeral

Depressing funerals are overrated. I want my funeral to be a celebration of my life, not a depressing event where everyone is just mourning. In that theme, life is all about the choices that you make and what the consequences of each choice are, both good and bad. The lyrics of This represent that ideology perfectly, so it's the perfect song. Plus Darius Rucker is a boss.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • My internet is being slow, so idk what I missed before these two days I'll do. Not putting videos in because the embedding is weird now apparently and doesn't want to work. Either that or it's my internet.

Day 23 - A Song You Want To Play At Your Wedding

Arizona - Kings of Leon

Well, I didn't want to repeat songs, but this is the only one that comes to mind honestly. But it's only for a certain person. Any other person, I think I'd pick a song that I feel embodies us. But nothing's better than this song. Nothing.

Day 24 - A Song You Want To Play At Your Funeral

Edge of Glory - Lady Gaga

I DON'T WANT EVERYONE SAD AND ****ING CRYING AT MY FUNERAL YOU'RE ALL WEARING PINK AND PLAYING LADY GAGA SONGS DAMMIT.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Day 24 - A song that you want to play at your funeral

"Bell, Book and Candle" by Eddi Reader

I have a different attitude toward funerals. At a funeral or any memorial service for somebody who's dead... people are going to be sad and crying, no matter how vehemently you try to circumvent that. It can absolutely be a celebration of your life, but to try and pretend that it is a happy occasion would just seem so false and manufactured. So yeah, I do want people sad and crying at my funeral. I think that's healthier... people need to be able to express their grief and say goodbye. They don't need to slap on a smile and go party, that day of all days. If anything I think "happy" funerals would be more haunting than anything else, having stuff like LMFAO's "Sexy and I Know It" playing while people are laughing, all the while tears falling thick and fast into their laps. It's such a confusing contradiction. The thought makes me shudder.

You are dead. Expect sadness.

So keeping with that, the song I chose is a sad one that (at least in my analysis) speaks about death. It has religious undertones that probably aren't suitable for me, but I chose it anyway because it has made me cry so many damn times when it was playing during Prue's funeral scene in the Season 4 premiere of Charmed. That episode has had me choking back tears through every viewing, and that song just puts me over the top.

Last edited:

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • Day 22

Daft Punk - Aerodynamic

This song always reminds me of the invading scene in Interstella 5555, so I always get really sad. :(

Day 23

Ball Park Music - It's Nice To Be Alive

I really like this song. It's just so nice, casual and sweet sounding. It's celebratory of human nature. What else for my wedding?

Day 24

Jolly - Where Everything's Perfect

Just to troll everyone at my funeral
    I really think, aside from the totally demented parts that this song has, that it is very representative of someone passing on. The keyboard riff is quite melancholic, yet also reassuring, and it has some really nice tones.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • k back

~

Day 25 - A song that you started liking recently.

Feel The Love - Rudimental

It's pretty fun, pretty catchy, and pretty upbeat. What's not to like, I guess? Can't see myself still being this into it in a month or two but still, I'm enjoying it a lot for now!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Day 25 - A song that you started liking recently

DJ Kap Slap does awesome mash-ups/remixes of current songs and the results are awesome. Plus I mean you can't go wrong using Call Me Maybe <3 And he was at my school tonight and it was awesome.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Skipping Day 23 & 24 as I have posted my replies to those far too often recently. Plus, those two questions have been done to death by this forum.

Spoiler:

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Day 25 - A song that you started liking recently.

Teleport Massive - Bassnectar feat. Zumbi of Zion I (Cozza Frenzy, 2010)

The only thing I really can say is that one day I "accidentally" listened to this song, and then it's been my favorite song ever since.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Day 25 - A song that you started liking recently
    Nicki Minaj - Roman Holiday

When listening to her new album, this song was one of the songs I couldn't stand. It made me cringe. But only at certain parts, (take a guess which ones). But after my brother playing it non-stop it kinda grew on me.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Day 26 - A song you can play on an instrument

Yes, it's the theme tune to Murder, She Wrote. No, I have no shame at all. I used to be able to play a lot more songs, but I've been without my trusty piano now for a number of years and I though I have access to a keyboard when I visit my parents, it's not the same. This ditty, however, has remained with me for as long as I can remember.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Spoiler:

Eat your heart out, Celine Dion! This song is the only reason I bothered to learn how to play the piano. Well, this and Dearly Beloved by Yoko Shimomura but that's a different story. It took me about an hour to learn how to play My Heart Will Go On and then I just stopped playing, lol. I wasted my piano teachers time there!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Wow, I must have a repelling effect on this... anyhoo:

Day 27 - A song that you wish you could play

Yes, yes, this is the cliché answer to any pianist who can't play it already... but I don't care. When this came out originally, I begged my piano teacher to teach me it... to no avail. It's probably not that hard to learn via memory, but I really can't be bothered now that I don't have constant access to a piano.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I feel like posting here even though I haven't done any of the days before it OH WELL

Day 27 - A song that you wish you could play

This song is why I started playing guitar, and it's my end goal of learning to play guitar. But there's just SO MUCH GOING ON and I don't know how and omg I'm so bad at guitar lol.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • Day 25

City and Colour - Little Bird

I'm going to see this band tomorrow night, and I kinda had to listen to them properly. And now I like them! I can safely say I will be looking forward to this concert.

Day 26

Twinsy - Water Bombs

I got really bored last weekend, so I whipped out some synths, a drum machine, and figured out this song. Weewt.

Day 27

Mr Oizo - Positif

This guy is nuts. I wish I could use Logic Pro as creatively as he can.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Spoiler:

I don't imagine learning to play this on the violin would be TOO hard. I mean the whole song, by the way. Not just the violin part which pops up in the chorus. Though I'd totally be satisfied if I learnt just that, lol.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Day 27 - A song you wish you could play

The Will & Grace theme song!

(For those of you who actually bother to watch, only watch the first 30 seconds. It just repeats after that :P)

I've fantasised about playing this song so much. It is the most awesome piano song I know. Suck it, Tchaikovsky.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Day 24 - A song that you want to play at your funeral.

[No More Running Away by Air Traffic]
    Spoiler:

I hadn't looked this far into the future. ಥ‿ಥ
    Day 25 - A song that you started liking recently.

[GLAMOROUS SKY by 中島美嘉]
    Spoiler:

I actually heard Girugamesh's cover of this song before I heard this song, haha.

Day 26 - A song that you can play on an instrument.

[Californication by Red Hot Chili Peppers]
    Spoiler:

Californication, because this was one of the very first songs I learned to play on the guitar. Save the bass line, I can play the entire song. :)

Day 27 - A song that you wish you could play.

[This Modern Love by Bloc Party]
    Spoiler:

I've been sooo lazy with the guitar lately. Once I pick it up again, I need to learn how to play this song.​

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Day 26 - A song you can play on an instrument

Long list of songs I can play on guitar, so going with the most technically difficult song I have. It's a fun one to play (solo included!)

Day 27 - A song you wish you could play

It's on my list, I'll learn it eventually =P

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • ~

Day 28 - A song that makes you feel nostalgic.

Another Brick In The Wall - Pink Floyd

This song was way before my time, but I've always loved it and when I was a kid I couldn't stop listening to it for ages lol. It's still one of my favourites today.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back