• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 30-day Song Challenge - Again! [read first post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Day 19 - A song from your favorite album

So Crash by Dave Matthews Band is by far my favorite album. #41 is one of if not the most quintessential Dave Matthews songs out thre, and god I love it.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I probably won't be doing Day 17 and 18, because I don't really listen to the radio, ever. Forgive me gais.

Day 19 - A song from your favourite album.

[Blue Light by Bloc Party]
    Spoiler:

This was a very difficult choice. I have so many favourite albums, it really was very hard to choose. But I chose this song because it's from an album that I've played so many times these past few months. It's from Bloc Party's "Silent Alarm", which by the way, is a great great album. And to add, there are so many good songs on this album, and I just ended up picking this one, because... I don't really know; I just felt like it, I suppose.​

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Days 16, 17 & 18.
    Spoiler:

Madonna - I Don't Give A (Feat. Nicki Minaj) from MDNA

It's really good and so amazing and gosh

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years

~

Day 20 - A song that you listen to when you're angry.

Blinding - Florence + The Machine

I don't usually listen to music when I'm angry, but if I do, this is what it usually is. I don't even know why - it's not a really angry song or anything like that, but I just listen to it I guess. Or it's the first thing that springs to mind anyway.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Day 20 - A song you listen to when you're angry

Breaking Ben acts as both my anger and pump up music, so I just picked a random song of theirs. Diary of Jane is definitely up there in my favorites, not sure if it's number one though.

droomph

weeb
    Years

I just love this song. I don't know what to say, two of my favorite musicians coming together...:')

I just listen to my iTunes in general. There's not really anything I listen to specially.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Christina Aguilera - Fighter

The song is just so aggressive-sounding and I pretty much relate to it every time I'm angry. Not to mention Christina's vocals are so jaw dropping.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Skipping to day 20 cause my internet is slow and I can't tell what the other ones are and don't care enough anyway.

Day 20 - A Song You Listen To When You're Angry

Special Pets - Otep

Anger. It's just the way that we're diseased. Right?

Years
    SWEET MERCIFUL MOTHER OF CHRIST, I missed more days than I thought :/
    Okay, I'm just gonna spoiler this, because there's about.. two weeks worth of songs here :(
    Spoiler:

Wow, done. Phew.

Nihilego

Years

~

Day 21 - A song that you listen to when you're happy.

Opposite of Adults - Chiddy Bang

Again, how I'm feeling hardly influences my music choice. But this is a pretty happy song and it reminds me of some happy times so I guess it's a fit choice here!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Day 21 - A song you listen to when you're happy

Shake Me Like a Monkey is just a giant happy song that I just associate with summer time shenanigans. It just gives me a smile every time I put it on.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    Day 19

Gorillaz - On Melancholy Hill

I love this album, and I love this song. It's just so soothing, and the whole album is a brilliant, synthesised, orchestral, indie pop masterpiece.

Day 20

Abbe May - Taurus Chorus

I dunno, the music i'd listen to if I was angry would probably be something as thrashy and loud as this. I don't really know what I listen to when I'm angry.

Day 21

The Cairos - Shame

I just listen to this song a lot, maybe I'm happy a lot! It's just pleasant, and has a sweet riff.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    Day 21 - A song you listen to when you're happy

Destroy Them With Lazers - Knife Party (100% No Modern Talking, 2011)

Even though it's in a minor key it's just so happy. I can't say that I don't listen to everything but this is just really fun to listen to.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014

[Falling Down by For The Fallen Dreams]
    Spoiler:

When I'm angry, I generally listen to fast-paced and "heavy" music - I've been listening to For The Fallen Dreams lately, and this song is pretty good. :)

Day 21 - A song that you listen to when you're happy.

[Sora To Umi No Shi/Poem of Sky and Sea by 天門]
    Spoiler:

Yes, yes and yes, this track is from the 5CPS Soundtrack, and it's so breathtakingly awesome. I don't know, it just makes my face light up.
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ​

Nihilego

Years
    Sorry I forgot this. Again. Don't have time to post my song right now but please move onto Day 22!

~

Day 22 - A song that you listen to when you're sad.

The Wasteland - Chelsea Wolfe

I really like this song in general. But I guess it feels pretty sad and empty and stuff so it suits. I still tend to just shuffle my music anyway though and see what happens.

Last edited:

Nihilego

Years
    Lol ok inactive day there.

~

Day 23 - A song that you want to play at your wedding.

I Would Do Anything For You - Foster The People

It's one of the few OMG I LOVE U songs I'm actually fond of because it's, well, a nice song in general I guess. So if I had to pick some kinda soppy song about love and dedication and whatever for a wedding I guess this'd be it?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I have been waiting so long for Day 23.

"Somewhere Only We Know" - Keane

I decided just a few months ago that when I get married this is the song I want to be played for our first dance at the reception. It is the perfect love song in my opinion, and it makes me so happy every time I listen to it XD. It just speaks to the exclusivity of couples and it's like "this is what we have that's special and just for us". I also imagine right after the song, I'd take my husband by the hand and discretely lead him out of the reception hall and find a place that only we know to make out for a little bit :P. I think that'd be really romantic and something we'd remember forever.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Missed a day whoops =3

Day 22 - A song you listen to when you're sad

I really don't like Secondhand Serenade really, but it kinda just works when I'm sad. Otherwise just meh.

Day 23 - A song you want to play at your wedding

Pretty much listen to the lyrics. It's all about finding the one you love and pretty much having them forever and doing anything for them. It's a perfect wedding song. Life dream: Play this for my significant other when we get married at the ceremony.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Day 22 - A song that you listen to when you're sad.

[Creep (Acoustic) by Radiohead]
    Spoiler:

Yep. Well, not much to say here.

[Inevitable by Anberlin]
    Spoiler:

I've actually never really given this much thought. But, I think this song would be absolutely perfect - the lyrics are just blissful, and the song is really beautiful overall. :)​

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Razor Leaf and I have agreed that I'm to fill in for him when he's otherwise indisposed. In order to keep up the illusion of a smooth operation that we got goin' on here. Anyhoo, without further ado:

Day 24 - A song that you want to play at your funeral

I'm not a religious person by any means, so I don't even know if I'd even have a funeral or any other type of service. If I did, I can't think of a better song to play to everyone I knew and loved than this. It's not my favourite song, and its more upbeat than the usual funeral fare, but it definitely has a certain poignancy to it, which people would hopefully appreciate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back