• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 3DS Information/Discussion Thread

Years
  • I was just kidding! :)
    I like the concept, but I'm not sure about the health concerns...

There are always minor health concerns when playing any games. The reason that there is a concern is because of the 3D, but this is only because it could affect under 6 year olds eyes. You do not need to worry about the health risks from the 3DS, so don't worry.​

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • In fact, some doctors are saying the 3D effect might be a blessing in disguise or children of young age. Even though long exposure to the 3D effect might be bad for them, they should still be able to see the effect. If they can't at all, it may be the signs of child developing a lazy eye and these type of things are infinitely easier to deal with at young ages.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    In fact, some doctors are saying the 3D effect might be a blessing in disguise or children of young age. Even though long exposure to the 3D effect might be bad for them, they should still be able to see the effect. If they can't at all, it may be the signs of child developing a lazy eye and these type of things are infinitely easier to deal with at young ages.

Or, maybe, doctors could create a test for children of young age that they use to test for those things during their appointments.

I rather not put my hopes on a videogame system.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2012
    I really want to get a 3ds however I think I may wait until june for the release of the new zelda game I'm not sure tho.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Or, maybe, doctors could create a test for children of young age that they use to test for those things during their appointments.

Hah, I agree. I didn't want to make it seem like I was praising the 3DS for that, just the 3D effect isn't ALL BAD.

Years
  • Or, maybe, doctors could create a test for children of young age that they use to test for those things during their appointments.

But this method is more fun! :3

I am still waiting for my Resident Evil game! =[​

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I've had too many problems with the 3DS, and it had little good things about it. Worst game system I've ever owned, and I'll be returning it.

Dead pixels, freezing, stuck buttons, etc. ;/

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Sounds like you got a dud copy there tbh. Certainly no such problems with mine... at any rate such things happen to the very few consoles whenever a new system is just released, so I guess you got unlucky in being one of those people to get one.

Years
  • My 3DS is fine.
    You can't write off the whole of the 3DS's as the worst console ever. There are always bad copies, that is just the downside of mass production.
    You can return it and get a new one for free, so just do that.​

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • My first 3DS had stuck pixels right in the line of sight on the top screen, so I returned it and got another one. That one had dust under the bottom screen. The third one is perfect, and I wound up keeping it. So yeah, there needs to be a bit more QC on the 3DS, but I'd hardly call it the "worst system ever".

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    My 3DS looked as if it had scratches on it from the packaging, but after I cleaned it, everything was fine, and my 3DS had no problems.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    My 3DS is fine, save for the lack of launch titles for it. I'm slightly put off by the battery life, but as soon as I get the money I'm getting that battery pack for it that doubles the play time.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    3DS owners -- about how long does it take your 3DS to power on from when you press the power button to when the home screen is up. Mine seems to be taking forever and I'm just trying to see if this is normal.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • The 3DS does take a while to load up, or at least longer than previous DS systems to load up, but that's expected, since it's not just loading up one screen. It's loading up two screens as well as the 3D function. I like to think of it loading up faster than the other ones, since this one doesn't have to load up the Health Safety and Precautions or something now, which I guess can be a good thing.

And for anyone who has Super Street Fighter 4, C. Viper is the best character. :)

Morkula

Years
  • My 3DS is fine, save for the lack of launch titles for it. I'm slightly put off by the battery life, but as soon as I get the money I'm getting that battery pack for it that doubles the play time.
    If you can get there this week and if you're in the US, Toys R Us has 30% off all Nyko accessories. Pretty sure that includes the battery pack. You could get it for $14 or so rather than $20.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Actually, thanks to Morkula's comment about the dead pixels on the 3DS, I was looking at mine, and I noticed I had a couple of dead pixels myself. I'm probably going to take it back and get a new one tomorrow.

Years
  • Actually, thanks to Morkula's comment about the dead pixels on the 3DS, I was looking at mine, and I noticed I had a couple of dead pixels myself. I'm probably going to take it back and get a new one tomorrow.

He isn't bad is he. ;)
    Hahaha. Glad you are all sorting out the problems, I am thinking of getting the Nyko battery pack, it is a pretty good price for it and it does kick the battery life up by a lot.​

Morkula

Years
  • To be fair, I'm more picky about dead and stuck pixels than I probably should be, but I'm OCD about them and after I notice them I can't help but always notice them. Dead and stuck pixels seem to be a really common issue on the 3DS, and so does dust under the screen. It's really weird, because Nintendo systems have never really had issues with this - the GBA SP had widespread dust issues, but that's about it.

Back