• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 3DS Information/Discussion Thread

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • The DS won't become obsolete any time soon. I would put money on that. Why would they kill off a console for all ages? It would be suicide for them to do that.
    No, it won't be any time soon, but the 3DS announcemnt is essentially the bells of death for the 'regular' DS line in the long run - they'll be phased out slowly but surely.

Probably going to preorder on the weekend, with Street Fighters as my launch title and waiting for Paper Mario/OoT Remake for sure. Going with blue as well - it looked better to me when I saw it a month back.

Years
  • Does anyone know what network settings the new 3DS will use for online gaming?

I know the DSI improved since the original DS by incorporating WPA however that only applies to the internet and not within games. So I was wondering if anyone knows whether the new 3DS will be enabled for WPA to play Pokemon online etc rather than having to change my security to WEP. As that is something I don't really want to have to do.

Years
  • Tested 3DS this week and i have to say its pretty awesome, had 3D slider full all the time on Street Fighter and Lego Star Wars but on Pilot Wings it was just weird.
    Aqua Blue isnt really Blue rather greenish-blue in 3 diffrient color layers but still looks good!

Years
  • No, it won't be any time soon, but the 3DS announcemnt is essentially the bells of death for the 'regular' DS line in the long run - they'll be phased out slowly but surely.

True. That is why I said 'not any time soon.' :3
    Most companies have to move on from their older consoles at some point. So the DSi will become the old DS and the old DS will die out in the future.​

Does anyone know what network settings the new 3DS will use for online gaming?

I know the DSI improved since the original DS by incorporating WPA however that only applies to the internet and not within games. So I was wondering if anyone knows whether the new 3DS will be enabled for WPA to play Pokemon online etc rather than having to change my security to WEP. As that is something I don't really want to have to do.

I am not sure really.
    I had a quick look, and I couldn't really find anything that told me about this. :/​

auraginx

Canadian Bacon
    Years
  • i was hesitant on my decision to get one, but i'll be getting one nonetheless.
    still debating on color, thinking about going for blue, it actually looks kinda good.

it just hurts me that there are no good launch titles for my preferred enjoyment.

i do agree it is gimmicky, though.

Years
  • Well, the 3DS is out tomorrow for us. The countdown has begun for the rest of the world as well.

You excited? You decided if you are buying it yet?​

SilverCrown

Fired Up!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 6, 2022
    Got mine at the midnight release at my GAME store. Was a lot of people there! Sure wasn't expecting many people to be there, but I was wrong. Haven't played any games yet, just messing around on it right now. Will be playing Street Fighter IV on it later though. Wasn't expecting it to be as small as it is, but the 3D on it is pretty impressive, and well worth the money. :)

Years
  • Got mine at the midnight release at my GAME store. Was a lot of people there! Sure wasn't expecting many people to be there, but I was wrong. Haven't played any games yet, just messing around on it right now. Will be playing Street Fighter IV on it later though. Wasn't expecting it to be as small as it is, but the 3D on it is pretty impressive, and well worth the money. :)

I like the size of it. The 3D screen is bigger than the bottom, which I really don't mind.
    I am not sure why they have two ways of charging, but the stand is actually rather nice to have. Even if you are just playing and doing other things.​

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I've got one, kind of. My mum bought me one as a birthday present, despite not actually asking for one. X'D Meh, I'm excited though, although my birthday is April the 29th (the same day as the royal wedding, so hopefully I won't have to go to school), and I should be able to play it then. XD She bought it today, so it's in my house now. Also, I'm now dying from anticipation to play it. Well, not literally. XD

Years
  • I've got one, kind of. My mum bought me one as a birthday present, despite not actually asking for one. X'D Meh, I'm excited though, although my birthday is April the 29th (the same day as the royal wedding, so hopefully I won't have to go to school), and I should be able to play it then. XD She bought it today, so it's in my house now. Also, I'm now dying from anticipation to play it. Well, not literally. XD

Haha, well congratulations and Happy Birthday for then. It must be annoying you can't touch it until then! XD​

SilverCrown

Fired Up!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 6, 2022
    Just played Street Fight IV on it. Amazing graphics, and the 3D is stunning. Had a couple of random online fights too, which was great fun. :D

Years
  • Glad you are enjoying it. It is a nice little handheld, I do admit.
    I am glad I did get one in the end, even if it was cheaper due to my friend working in a gamestore. XD​

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Heh, I went to the midnight launch, it was AWSOME! It was held at the GAME in St Davids 2 (Cardiff, Wales) they gave out loads of free stuff, shirts, bags etc..

I loved all the merchandise, most of it had a cool "I was there. 25.01.11" caption including the t-shirt I got that I wore to school under my uniform. xD

What was really great was that they gave out Nintendogs + Cats for free with any 3DS (only for a limited time during the launch with the 3DS) plus I bought Street Fighter 3D edition. The 3DS was only £219.99 on the launch too so that was a good in-store bargin.

So far i'm loving it. I only had 15mins to have a go with it before bed as we got back around 2:30am and I only had around 4 hours sleep because of school. ¬.¬

Since i've got back I haven't gotten off. xD

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Haha, well congratulations and Happy Birthday for then. It must be annoying you can't touch it until then! XD​
    Yeah, it is horrible having to wait. D: But at least it's here, and it sounds amazing after reading the comments here. :D

Years
  • Got mine today :D Does anybody else feel all weird when they look at it with full on 3d or is it just me? it feels like when my eyes relax a lot xD

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 5, 2022
    I got mine on Thursday :D

I only have Pilotwings at the moment, I wanted to get Lego Star Wars but the store was out of stock. Pilotwings is good enough though to keep me busy for now, even though I will get Lego online soon :)

Years
  • If I am honest, I didn't get any 3DS games with mine! XD
    The reason was, there were no games that really grasped me; the only one that could have possibly been a purchase was Street Fighter, but I decided against it.

However, I have pre-ordered some games, so it is fine.​

Mahtale

Lives are overrated.
    Years
  • The 3DS releases tomorrow for those of us who live in the United States. I pre-ordered Pilotwings Resort as well as Steel Diver with mine. I cannot wait!

Also, I will finally get to play my copy of Pokemon White tomorrow. I wasn't able to before since I didn't have a DS. :P

Back