• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 3DS Information/Discussion Thread

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Anyone here with a Japanese 3DS and Super Mario 3D Land? From reports on the Internet, it does add game invites in the Friend List. Can anyone confirm it?

If true, then... boy, did you thought that the invites stopped at Mario Kart with an installed app only, right? Looking forward to future online-enabled 3DS games, then! :)

Years
  • [SIZE="a"]Hmm, I'm curious about a background, is there a wayto add a background, if not, would they be able to add it into a wifi update?[/SIZE]

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
    Years
  • Is the 3DS completely safe?

Don't flame me for this stupid question. I'm getting one in Christmas, and that I'm getting a Flaming Red 3DS, and that I heard how the 3D gave people headaches, even for the ones over 6 years old. If you have a 3DS, and if you know a lot of stuff about it, can you tell me if the 3DS is safe to have. And don't lock this, I need an answer.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • The 3DS is about as safe as you can get. I honestly found Nintendo's technology to be noticeably easier on the eyes compared to the traditional 3D you see in movie theaters. Now, headaches caused by 3D images are caused by eye strain. They are not dangerous so long as you do not completely ignore them in favor of staring at the screen all day. If you feel yourself getting a headache simply take a break for a bit. If you really hate taking breaks, the 3DS has a switch on it that can adjust the intensity of the 3D effect and even turn it off, allowing you to take it a bit easier on your eyes at any time.

I repeat, the 3DS is not dangerous and staring at any screen, 3D or not, will give you a headache after a time. 3D screens merely tend to cause it to happen slightly more quickly than usual, and this is not.particularly "dangerous". l3

Volcanix769

Years
  • The 3DS is about as safe as you can get. I honestly found Nintendo's technology to be noticeably easier on the eyes compared to the traditional 3D you see in movie theaters. Now, headaches caused by 3D images are caused by eye strain. They are not dangerous so long as you do not completely ignore them in favor of staring at the screen all day. If you feel yourself getting a headache simply take a break for a bit. If you really hate taking breaks, the 3DS has a switch on it that can adjust the intensity of the 3D effect and even turn it off, allowing you to take it a bit easier on your eyes at any time.

I repeat, the 3DS is not dangerous and staring at any screen, 3D or not, will give you a headache after a time. 3D screens merely tend to cause it to happen slightly more quickly than usual, and this is not.particularly "dangerous". l3

I hope. Thanks. So like no matter of it being third or second dimensional, headaches still occur?

Volcanix769

Years
  • Well, it varies from person to person, but the recommended age is 7 or older for 3D mode. But, if it bothers you (like a mild headache) you can just switch off the 3D for a while. It's completely safe for anyone to use.

It even gives me a mild headache if I play too late or for way too long.

I get headaches 2-4 times each month by something, so is it bad?

Phoenix_Wright

An Ace Attorney
    Years
  • I don't use the 3D feature too much but when I do, it doesn't hurt me at all. It depends how much you use it, I suppose but it is not exactly "dangerous".

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Am I the only one without a 3DS who's not at all worried about whether or not they'll run out of the Zelda 3DS by December?
    For example, if I remember correctly (this was four years ago), the limited edition Phantom Hourglass DS Lite wasn't sold out in my local GAME until around 2 weeks after it was released.

Of course, not all shops are the same, but the consumers' tastes are a factor in sales (am I right?).

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Am I the only one without a 3DS who's not at all worried about whether or not they'll run out of the Zelda 3DS by December?
    For example, if I remember correctly (this was four years ago), the limited edition Phantom Hourglass DS Lite wasn't sold out in my local GAME until around 2 weeks after it was released.

Of course, not all shops are the same, but the consumers' tastes are a factor in sales (am I right?).

I think, but there's one thing for sure - bundles = raised sales, at least for the duration of the week, sometimes even more. It's been like that for a long time. Same thing with colours. But colours won't run out most of the time...

Now I'm browsing the eShop again. Metroid II doesn't interest me. Planning to buy Pushmo when it comes out. If I'm calculating things right, I should have enough cash to buy that and... um, a Dreamworks video off the shop. Which video, or should I use it for something else?

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • I personally wouldn't get the video. Seems pretty gimmicky to me. xD;
    Just keep your eMoney, and save it for something better.
    I think you'd get bored of the video in a day or two. o3o

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Actually, I'll just plan ahead from now on. I think I'll just chuck in more credit this Christmas.

Years
  • I am interested, a while down the line now since the release and I want to know, how is everyone finding it? Do you use it at all? What is the most interesting/disappointing aspect of it?​

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • I am interested, a while down the line now since the release and I want to know, how is everyone finding it? Do you use it at all? What is the most interesting/disappointing aspect of it?​

You mean the 3DS itself, Will? xD;
    Well, I just got mine a few months ago. (back in august)
    I've been using it daily. It's my alarm clock, and also my MP3 player when I'm travelling to places. The only thing I've been disappointed by is the fact that it can't play WAV files, but other than that I'm not really fussed about it. xDD;;
    I loved Streetpass to death, and I can't wait for the sequel. :DD

...I also have yet to try AR games. /kill'd

Has anybody else been playing Tales of the Abyss? :o

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    I think it was confirmed that there won't be a revised version. If that's the case, you'd be wasting your time.
    If so, I'll get it by the time it has a large handful of attractive games, or essentially, when the regular DS games stop being developed, and I am forced to get a 3ds.

Are you sure they said they arent gonna make another? I mean there were 3/4 versions of the ds...and the 3ds has some room for improvement.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Here is the proof.

I do want to pick up some of these games though. A friend is getting me 3D Land and I want Mario Kart 7. That game looks really fun.
    Thanks for the link. That does confirm there shouldnt be a new version of the 3ds soon, but even in that article it says not to rule out the possibility of a new version in the future.

That reminds me, the guy that made pokemon bw said there are no plans for a grey (or third) version, yet i still see people on this forum talking about expecting a 3rd game.

In anycase i'll probably get a 3ds when a main story pokemon is released that is only playable on it.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Thanks for the link. That does confirm there shouldnt be a new version of the 3ds soon, but even in that article it says not to rule out the possibility of a new version in the future.

That reminds me, the guy that made pokemon bw said there are no plans for a grey (or third) version, yet i still see people on this forum talking about expecting a 3rd game.

In anycase i'll probably get a 3ds when a main story pokemon is released that is only playable on it.
    I think the only thing you can take from that article is that there is no plan for a new version of the 3DS... for the time being. Maybe in a few years, but if they're happy with it now there's no reason for them to make a new one.

It's also marketing - they won't say 'maybe we'll make one in x years' - they want people to buy the 3DS now, not wait for something that may happen. That's the same with the interview about the third version of BW - they were asked when BW was soon to be released so it would be silly for them to say 'yeah, we'll make a better version of this game in a year or two'. Basically - both may happen but not for a good while, if at all.

Back