• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Academy of Myth and the Light's Shadow

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Oliver looked up from his sobbing; actually he'd stopped and was just curled up in that alcove because he was tired. When he heard Ian apologize and create the rose, Oliver stood, eyes pink from tears and his cheeks stained from tears as well, "Look," his voice was a little shakey, "I understand if you don't want to come out to me. But," he took the rose gently from Ian and inspected the petals, "believe me, when I tell you that bottling it up and denying it hurts so much worse..."

He pulled up the sleeve of his right arm, revealing pale, almost rose pink cut marks up and down his forearms, "This, is what happens when you try and bottle it up." He looked at a clock which was hanging in the hall, "Just...take what I said into consideration..." He walked off, well actually, he ran at full speed. He wanted to get away from Ian.

He rushed down random corridors and stairs until he found a bathroom. He ran in and locked himself in a stall, the ice rose still in his hand. He was a whirling mash of depression and angst. He needed release. He looked at the rose. The stem ended in a jagged edge. He held it to his left forearm, hand shaking, heart racing. He whimpered slightly as the ice made a cut. It drew blood. Oliver looked at the ice rose and saw a thin line of his blood travel through the inside of the flower and spread out into the petals and leaves.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
    [[I apologize sincerely for my insane schedule. Charzeon, Pichu, Starman, I promise to catch up as well as possible, as quickly as possible.]]

When Marco realized he had been partnered with the shy Vulpix he growled softly under his breath. Though Helliana had proved to be a worthy opponent in Attack Class, he didn't hold much hope for this timid vulpine.

"Marco," he replied simply to her introduction. He tried not to let his disdain for her show. After all, she might just surprise him.

When told to get into the fighting stance Marco moved several feet away from Sin and turned, removed his hoodie once again, braced his legs, and whipped his tail out behind him. He would let her go first to figure out her fighting style. Special attacks were so much less predictable than Physical.

Out of nowhere Sin threw an Energy Ball at him. Caught off guard, Marco didn't move until the last second, allowing it to slam into his shoulder. The breath whooshed from his chest, but he grinned excitedly then. She had caught him unawares; she had landed a hit. Perhaps she would surprise him again.

No matter her skill level, Marco wasn't going to go easy on her. He took a deep breath and burst a long Flamethrower jet in her direction.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
    Sin blinked when, much to her surprise, her wild and badly aimmed Energy Ball actually hit the Houndoom gijinka. She didn't know how, but it seemed as though the fox had caught the hell hound off guard. Not that this gave her any confidence. In face, it made her even more scared. If he thought she was any good, then he would probably be more vicious then what he would normally be.

While she thought this, the Vulpix gijinka, saw Ian walk out of the class room due to something Oliver said. The Umbreon followed right behind and Sin was very worried. She wanted to follow the two boys to make sure they were okay, but an enmanse amount of heat coming from infront of her drew her attention back to the matter at hand. Sin was only able to jump away at the last second so most of the attack hit her. But, thanks to her Flash Fire ability, it did no damage.

Sin tried to land her jump but ended up just tripping and falling flat on her face. The fox groaned and pushed herself up, quickly getting back into a battle position with Marco.

Man, I really don't want to do this, Sin thought. I hate battling and Oliver seemed really upset over something...I gotta end this quick!

The air around Sin started to simmer and you could see the air current moving. After a bit of concentration, the vulpine let out a yell and launched her Heat Wave attack at the Houndoom gijinka. She didn't know if this would do anything, since Houndooms can also have the Flash Fire ability, but it was worth a try.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
    While Kobora was in Geometry, he fell asleep while the teacher was talking about angle bisectors. Kobora sometimes snored in his sleep, and this is one of those times. "No...why am I here? I remember being in my room, until you randomly knocked me out with a bat..." Kobora said in his sleep, having a vision of the future in his dreams. Kobora kept sleeping until he fell out of his chair, still fast asleep.

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
    Years
    "I don't. I get an hour to myself! From now 'til noon, just Kana! I'm sure you have classes, though, don'tcha? I'll walk you to your next class! Which one is it?" Kana replied

"Lucky…" Link said with a small laugh. "I've got geometry next. I haven't even been to the class yet, and I don't want to go." Link sighed.
    "Well, we better get going." He said as he started to walk off.
    "Uh… Do you know where the geometry room is?" He asked Kana.

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    "It's gotta be around here somewhere! I checked the map and learned where all my classes are, but don't remember where Geometry is. Let's go!" Kana rushes off down the hall, looking for someone official-looking.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
    "Mr. King, do you need to go get a drink of water?" Professer Alexander Azelf said at his desk. "Ok...I'll go." Kobora said, still asleep while getting up, and exiting the Geometry room.

STARMAN15

The Mage of the Group
    Years
    Ian watched as Oliver ran down the hall. It's just like always… Ian, you say something ridiculous and stupid, try to make up for it, and they run for the hills. You are such a screwup. Why do you even try? A sharp pain in Ian's shoulder reminded him that he needed to head back to the dorm to heal.

The Icicle Dorm was surrounded by a perpetual blizzard, and due to some of the Abomasnow pokejinka that lived there, a constant Hail storm. Ian just sat on the stairs, the Bite left by Oliver healed by the ice, thinking about everything that had happened.

"Ian? Why aren't you in class?" Ian was startled to look up to find a beautiful woman standing in the blizzard. The woman had long baby blue hair and bright red eyes. She was wearing a long blue parka with white fur trim. Her most notable feature though were her two wings, both of which had plumage the same color as her hair. "Oh, um, Professor Articuno, I… I just need to heal after Special Attacks class and so I came out here." The professor's red eyes softened as she came and sat down next to the boy. "What happened Ian? I can tell you've been crying. No matter what you tell me, it will go no further. You don't have to tell me everything, but I just want you to know that I'm here, and I might be able to help you." Ian looked into his professor's eyes, and then felt himself let loose. Andrea pulled the young boy to her as she rocked him slowly. "It's going to be ok Ian. It's only the first day. It's going to be ok."

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Oliver didn't notice it until he was awoken by the trespassing of a figure in his dream. He was dreaming about that day back home when he'd first kissed the guy he'd been crushing on for over a month. It was amusing to think that anyone like Oliver could have a crush since he usually did the deed and kicked his partner to the curb. But this boy was different. He remembered it in vivid detail. He was a Haunter gijinka, Oliver's age. He remembered the firs-

"Oliver."

What? Was there someone here, in his dream?

"It's time to wake up, Oliver."

Who...who are you?

"Who else? Master of dreams? Ruler of nightmares, et cetera et cetera..."

Darkrai...?

"Correct. Now, why don't you tell me why you're passed out in a bathroom stall with a pool of fresh blood around you?"

Oh...Oliver didn't want to remember what had happened. Although, that one cut seemed to cause him to pass out...Or maybe he'd just dozed off?

"Oliver, I'm capable of finding out for myself. You're stuck in my Dream Eater. All it'd take would be a little effort on my part to dig deeper into your psyche. But, I have respect for my dorm students. If you want to tell me, tell me."

Oliver didn't answer Desmond for a long moment. It was rather humorous, actually. Here, Oliver was in the middle of remembering meeting his ex, Hanson, and now Desmond Darkrai was standing where Hanson should have been. Oliver had to admit, he really was a looker. Long, flowing white hair, turquoise eyes that pierced you on sight, and pale skin all wrapped up in a form-hugging dark violet suit with red neckerchief.

Well...Oliver went about explaining everything that had happened with Ian and Marco. Throughout the tale, the scenery changed to match; first the Special Attacks class, then the hallway, and now here, the bathroom.

"I see..." Desmond sighed, "Oliver, your heart's in the right place. And, for a Dark gijinka, that's saying something. We're a naturally distant type. Not very caring to others. But you, you have some natural impulse to make everyone around you feel...better about themselves."

Well I guess I'm no good at it...

"But that's not true. You made that Vulpix girl feel better about herself. You may not have noticed, but I saw you run off after her at breakfast this morning. From what I can gather from your memories, you made that girl feel a lot better. She seems happier. As for Ian...well, you can't win 'em all, Oliver."

I just wanted for him to feel...I dunno, better, I guess...I knew he was angry with me...

"Yes, but sometimes you just have to let that anger deal with itself. Now, get up. Lunch is starting soon."

Suddenly, Oliver found himself awake, in the Gathering Hall. His left arm was bandaged up. He was still holding the rose...

killet513

Death the Kid
    Years
    All throughout Biology, the professor talked about what they would be studying about and what kind of experiments they would test. He kept asking simple questions to see how well the class was prepared.

"Boy in the back, what is your name?" Professor Jake asked. The class looked around before the teacher transformed into K.Z. The class looked over at K.Z. making him blush. He stood up carefully, like a trap or something would spring.

"M-my name is K-K.Z." He quickly sat down avoiding judgmental glances by his peers.

"Well K.Z. Can you tell the class what biology is about." The professor asked.

"It's about pokejinka and the study of their life." K.Z. was happy that he got to answer a question about what he knew. He turned toward Brooke because he felt her tail poking him on the leg.

"Good answer." Brooke whispered so the teacher wouldn't hear.

"Correct." Professor Jake said. He called on other people to ask them questions about the study of biology. He went on before he stopped. "OK class that is all I have for today, and we have ten minutes left so you can talk amongst yourselves if you want. We will start back with lesson one tomorrow."

"I think I am going to like this class." K.Z. said turning to face Brooke.

"So will I. I'm getting really hungry." Brooke looked down at her empty stomach. When she said that K.Z. realized how hungry he had become as well. He glanced at the clock. 11:53 p.m. Seven minutes left in the class.

"What class do you have after lunch. I have that singing class."

"I have Beginning Art and Design." She looked sad, but she quickly wiped the frown off and smiled again. "After that I have attack class."

"Really me, too." K.Z. was disappointed that he didn't have the same class as her after lunch, but he was glad that he would see her again today though. He looked back at the clock. 11:56. It's almost time for lunch. I hope I'll be able to let Richard and Brooke meet. Man, I hope coach don't pair us up in attack class. Maybe I will get lucky and fight a poison type.

"I wonder what we will eat for lunch." Brooke looked back down at her stomach and groaned.

"I hope it's something good. Like a steak or something." He tried to imagine a big, juicy steak in front of him, but he was too hungry to even imagine food. BRRRRIIIIINNNNNGGGGGG!!! Finally, the bell.

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
    In Biology, the professor told the class about what kind of experiments they would be doing and what they would be studying. The professor kept asking simple questions. Once, the professor asked a boy at the back what his name was. "M-my name is K-K.Z." the boy replied.
    'That's a nice name,' Megan thought to herself.
    "Well K.Z. Can you tell the class what biology is about." The professor asked the boy. K.Z. told the class what Biology was.
    'He's smart. Even I don't know what Biology is about,' Megan thought to herself. After a few more questions, Jake Roberts annonced that he didn't have anything else to say, so he let the class have a chat. Megan wanted to talk to K.Z., but she couldn't build up the courage, so she talked to Teigan instead. Right now, Teigan was the only person she had enough courage to talk to.
    "Hey Teigan, what class do you have after lunch?" Megan asked Teigan.
    "I've got Pokemeisters," Teigan replied.
    "Me too! Then I've got Calculus." Megan said to her friend.
    RING! RING!
    The bell went, to tell the students that it was lunchtime.
    "Class...dismissed!" Jake Roberts said. Megan and Teigan ran down the corridor to get to the Gathering Hall. They went to the cafe to get their lunch, then they sat down at a empty table. Due to the fact that no-one was in yet, Megan decided to write in her notebook, scribbly writing, since she was rushed for time, but as long as Megan could read it, it was fine. She wrote: The human world has Apple Macs, Ipods and 3DSs. All existing Pokemon not manmade are descendants of Mew. Groudon made land. Kyogre made water. Rayquaza made sky. A Wargle beat a Genosect and recieved a scar. Humanity will live through an age of Ice embodied by Kyurem, an age of Fire embodied by Reshiram and an age of Electric embodied by Zekrom. Biology=Study of Pokejinka and their lives. A Tyranitar jinka will fight a Nidoking jinka after dinner, gotta be there.

By the time she wrote all that, most students were in the gathering hall.

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
    While Kobora was sleepwalking through a hallway, he heard the bell ring for lunch, causing him to wake up instantly. "Finally! Time for lunch." Kobora said while running over to the Gathering Hall, getting his stuff from the bush he hid them in before walking in. "Hmmm...where to sit now...nobody I know isn't here yet." Kobora thought for a minute until he sat at a table where a Gabite gijinka was sitting at.

Back