• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

>>> The April DCC thread of doom <<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    My intentions for a very long time was to work as a swimming instructor. As I left the swimming lessons courses and moved onto the lifesaving and teaching courses I started to reconsider that. I find swimming fun, not so much teaching. I don't trust myself with that. If I finish it all, chances are I'd be working at where my lessons currently are. I switched to this place closer to me because well...it was closer. XD But I dislike it there. I've had little contact with the staff, but everyone just seems so mean. I wouldn't want to work there, even if you get above minimum-wage pay.

I still intend in finishing the courses though, since I spent so much time and money on it. Not sure what'll come from it though. But if you're dying, I can save you - so that's a plus. XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    I just got accepted for my first job this summer, 'food vendor' at a ballpark. Should be a good source of cash!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Triffy in the DCC? :[ Oh snap. That's rarer than me in here. I think. Is it? XD;

Aaanyway...that's good. I quit my swimming lessons ages ago at like...level 6. So if I'm ever drowning and get too lazy to tread water (I kicked so much ass at treading water :B) then you can save me. =D!

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    I just got accepted for my first job this summer, 'food vendor' at a ballpark. Should be a good source of cash!

I would love to work at a ballpark. Baseball is my favorite sport and I love the atmosphere at ballgames. XD Is it like a Minor or Major League team?

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    Major league - Milwaukee Brewers. And though I don't care much for baseball, going to games sure is fun. Yelling 'GET YER HOT DOGS! PEANUTS! RIGHT HERE!' should be fun as well. Plus, I get paid on comission.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Waaaait...why do you of all people get credit for that one?
    Because we had a big conversation a little while ago about getting you to express yourself more with a wider range of smilies.

Bomberman said:
    Major league - Milwaukee Brewers. And though I don't care much for baseball, going to games sure is fun. Yelling 'GET YER HOT DOGS! PEANUTS! RIGHT HERE!' should be fun as well. Plus, I get paid on comission.
    I'd consider getting paid commission to be a negative, to be honest. Unless you get a fixed salary plus commission.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years

That's pretty cool. I'm jealous. ;D

I'm not sure what job I'll get over the summer. I want to get a landscaping job or something along those lines so I can be outside a lot.

Cherrim

Years
    I made Jorfe use...oh I don't even remember what it was now. Something like ^_^ but possibly even more girly. Might've been ^o^.

Regardless, ever since I've never encouraged him to use anything other than "XD." ...D:

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    I'd consider getting paid commission to be a negative, to be honest. Unless you get a fixed salary plus commission.
    Nah, commission beats minimum wage. People who really get into this job can earn upwards of $20 an hour. And I can be energetic if I want to ;)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Erica, I can totally beat you at treading water. I can go on for ages, even without using my hands. And hold a brick...which would be using my hands, but not in the sense I meant before. XD We must test this one day. Winner gets a cookie.

And, I'm in here because I'm procrastinating on my English homework (only two questions left, not that bad XD)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I made Jorfe use...oh I don't even remember what it was now. Something like ^_^ but possibly even more girly. Might've been ^o^.

Regardless, ever since I've never encouraged him to use anything other than "XD." ...D:
    ...I don't really remember you making use that one. O_o

Exactly! You used to get so freaked out when I would do the ;D thing.

Because we had a big conversation a little while ago about getting you to express yourself more with a wider range of smilies.
    ...but that was a while ago. This was just a random spur of the moment thing.

Edit -
    I work on commission and yeah, a fixed salary is definitely the better option. I make a lot because I have to work my butt off, but I could still make the an okay living with a lot less amount of effort at a normal job...if I could ever get one.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Pfft, work. I might work next summer, when I can do work-study, but otherwise I have no intention to. I can focus on my schoolwork much more by not working. In turn, I get a degree, an awesome job, and I'm eating gourmet lunch in the Google cafeteria or something. It all works out.
    I don't have the intention either. I'm attend summer school instead...

Escape from English? Ahh, so common. :P

Cherrim

Years
    You'd totally win then. XD I haven't even properly gone swimming since...um...probably just after I moved here? I think our hotel had a pool. XD; I honestly don't remember otherwise. Maybe on a vacation somewhere. Maybe.

xD I'm in here...because I'm procrastinating on going to bed. But there's nothing left to do but turn off my laptop sooo...I'm doing that now. :B

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Triffy in the DCC? :[ Oh snap. That's rarer than me in here. I think. Is it? XD;
    Your presence in the DCC is indeed more common than Triffy's presence in said thread.

For the record, I have no interest in food-related occupations, and Jorfe definitely needs to expand his smiley repertoire.

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
    If I were to work with food, I'd just be hungry all the time. :< I'm already hungry enough kthx.

I want to get a job at like the pet store or something. Just because I'm cool like dat. :B

Years
    While we're taking credit, I'd like to take some for luring everyone in here. Even though that's probably completely unrelated.

I don't swim. I was scarred by this lady nearby, whom I was taken to for swimming lessons. She'd dunk us down in the pool at the end of "Ring Around the Roise," which, to this day, still frightens me. :l I'll get in a hotub or some other non-swimming related water area. I guess.

22sa, summer school frightens me. Double the pace of this? No thank you. I might get my public speaking out of the way over the summer, but that's about the only class I'd dare take at twice the speed.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Is it just me, or is it that 22sa posting in here has lead to everyone having a million conversations at once?

Anyways, I'll just skip to the job topic-
    Entertainment would be an interesting type of job, so uh..that's what I'll do :3

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I must get a job once I get back home and stuff.

In part to pay for car related expenses, in part so I can save for another trip to Japan, and thirdly to feed my love of high techness.

Not sure what I want to do yet. I actually want to work at the Library, better than McD's in my estimation.

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    I must get a job once I get back home and stuff.

In part to pay for car related expenses, in part so I can save for another trip to Japan, and thirdly to feed my love of high techness.

Not sure what I want to do yet. I actually want to work at the Library, better than McD's in my estimation.
    Even though I've got a job at the moment, it's not something I really enjoy doing. The hours are... long and you have to start early. The only real good reason is the pay. Apart from that, I have no idea how all my other coworkers can work their six days a week. x_x

The Library sounds a cool place to work but the pay is so low here, it's just not worth it...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Even though I've got a job at the moment, it's not something I really enjoy doing. The hours are... long and you have to start early. The only real good reason is the pay. Apart from that, I have no idea how all my other coworkers can work their six days a week. x_x

The Library sounds a cool place to work but the pay is so low here, it's just not worth it...

Sometimes people work for interest, and not necessarily about the pay. Also, sometimes people just want a casual job which is not overly intense simply to waste time in a productive manner. In these cases, they'll just find a nearby job without too much stress from work, and work there productively.

Hm, I have to say how my current part time got crappy payment, but it's one of my stepping stones to build up my resume in the field that I want to work in later (teaching.) Kumon got horrible pay of 9 bucks an hour (McD got 9.50 an hour, and higher), but it's a teaching job and I like my stress-less yet potentially fun work there.

I'll join the crew of "I need to learn how to drive this summer" XD; Actually, it's more like get my learner license where I have to take the multiple choice test and stuff first... then have to wait a mandatory year before I can take a road test for the real license... Yeah, I really, really need to get my real license by the end of next year. I need to know how to drive before I start student teaching XD

Oh, as for the 22sa-posting thing comment... well, sometimes? XD; I just post here if the current topic isn't overly mindless, and if I can relate to it myself (go on a tech talk, and no matter how detailed and intellect it is, I'm not saying a word on to contribute to it. XD) I'm waiting for my class to start, so i thought that i should post for 20 min or so... yes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back