• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

>>> The April DCC thread of doom <<<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    You've seen me..but, It's like a guessing game of who I actually am. Three people that post in here know so yeah..& Lt. Surge's Raichu- I never really hung around as a guest at first, all I did was immediately sign up and then be inactive for a week or so.
    I am well aware of who you are actually.

So yeah.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    You're either smarter than I thought..or somebody told, and if somebody did, I bet I know who.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I'm a genius*. I just know these sorts of things.

Anyways, I really think the DCC could use a mix of maturity AND posting. Since the vets started to come back and push 'real' posts in here, and the rule enforcement...it has slowed down so much. I'm a supporter of two threads, one chatty and one more mature. Otherwise one group or the other is turned off by this thread.

* I'm not really a genius.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • I'm a genius*. I just know these sorts of things.

Anyways, I really think the DCC could use a mix of maturity AND posting. Since the vets started to come back and push 'real' posts in here, and the rule enforcement...it has slowed down so much. I'm a supporter of two threads, one chatty and one more mature. Otherwise one group or the other is turned off by this thread.

* I'm not really a genius.
    That was kind of the thinking that had me wanting a T-Dome type forum brought back to PC. But instead of it being for "mature" content, being more for the older members that actually want decent conversations and in-depth discussions and debates etc. PC loses a lot of older members (age wise) because it aims to be a site for universal ages, so a lot of people outgrow it quickly.

I just thought it'd be kind of cool to have an area for people like us, away from the younger members, with less restriction on language and the type of content we're allowed to discuss. I thought it'd be at least worth considering if it kept the older members here more often.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I would vouch for that, but it would have to include absolutely NO references to the old TDome. That would just bring back bad memories about onanii threads.

But yeah. A mature discussion area would be cool.

Years
  • You've seen me..but, It's like a guessing game of who I actually am. Three people that post in here know so yeah..& Lt. Surge's Raichu- I never really hung around as a guest at first, all I did was immediately sign up and then be inactive for a week or so.

Aha, okey. But i did my first days here as a guest before i registered so yeah..

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • I would vouch for that, but it would have to include absolutely NO references to the old TDome. That would just bring back bad memories about onanii threads.

But yeah. A mature discussion area would be cool.
    Well, the only thing it would have in common with the old T-Dome is that it would be restricted access. Meaning that members would have to be approved by the staff based on their age and the quality of their previous posts on PC. Also, having pre-approved members being banned from that area only if they prove they're not mature/old/intelligent enough for the conversations that could be going on in there.

Other than that, it'd have no ties to the old T-Dome, including a different name. Can't really see the higher staff agreeing to that though, to be honest.

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
    Years
  • I know this is quite a bit off-topic, but Dawson, I thought you we're a Mod before! I remember the bold blue username like yesterday...

What do you mean by maturity? I mean, If you set up a mature discussion, well, let's just say that I GUARANTEE you that someone here lies about their age. And if you did set up those, then other people would mix in with these conversations, know what I'm saying?

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • Can't really see the higher staff agreeing to that though, to be honest.

As much as I love the idea, I feel pretty safe in saying that hell would probably freeze over before the higher staff brings back a mature discussion area. =\

I know this is quite a bit off-topic, but Dawson, I thought you we're a Mod before! I remember the bold blue username like yesterday...

What do you mean by maturity? I mean, If you set up a mature discussion, well, let's just say that I GUARANTEE you that someone here lies about their age. And if you did set up those, then other people would mix in with these conversations, know what I'm saying?

He resigned.

That's why he's proposing that all members are approved by the staff before being allowed to access the area.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    For the record, I'm all for the idea of an ivory tower of sorts being erected on PC, but I do agree that such an idea would meet vehement resistance from the staff and quite a few regular members. In my own opinion, it'd be more an issue of elitism than anything else.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • DANIEL: I'm sorry, aren't you the one who knows the dragon's secret name? It's time to earn your keep.
    BA'AL: Ah, yes. I may have exaggerated about that, slightly. Anyway, you didn't think that just by calling out its name, you'd suddenly be able to control it?
    DANIEL: I don't know. Name magic is common in most mythologies. To know something's secret name is to steal its power.
    CAMERON: So what are we supposed to do, start guessing?
    VALA: Darrell the dragon.
    CAMERON: How about Smokey?
    TEAL'C: Perhaps Puff?
    DANIEL: *annoyed* Will you just give me a minute?

ELIZABETH: You've got myself, Sheppard, Teyla, Ronon, McKay, and Dr. Beckett.
    JACK: *sarcastic* Oh, Dr. Beckett, is it? Well, I'm comforted.
    CARSON: *whispering to Elizabeth* What's that supposed to mean?

RICHARD: *defensively* He put his hand in my forehead! How can you resist that?!
    JACK: Well, I like to close my eyes and think of England.

TALUS: What were you doing in the flooded section of the city?
    JACK: The backstroke. I think.
    The look on Teal'c's face was priceless when the dragon ate the C4 and nothing happened. And I loved the part where he said "Perhaps Puff". I think Teal'c watches too much TV. And then there was...

Ba'al: We're wasting time with this old fool. We need to get back to the gate so I can start reprogra....
    Merlin: *puts hand up* Be silent.

Ba'al: Merlin's little "trick" with my vocal cords expired at the same moment he did.
    Teal'c: Yet another reason for us to morn his passing.

XD

Like what I said to Erica the other day: PC is aging. We're just not active because university drag us by the collar back to the closet in the basement to study ;<

Indeed, many fond memories of PC... How lovely it is to think about it all and talk about it ^_^... IN AMERICA!

(now who got that joke besides Andy... I am sure that he will get it seeing what he said to me about fanfics =x )
    Yea, I've gotten really really busy as of late. And I know a lot of others that's getting bogged down with studies and work.

Duh I got the joke. It was Super Special Awesome. And on top of that, Matt is a Freaky Fish Guy.

But is 'Abby' the old Abby that returned from PC's closet?
    She is.

Can't really see the higher staff agreeing to that though, to be honest.
    I wouldn't mind having a place where mature members can talk about things. But who's to judge who's mature? Age? I'm sure a few of us can think of a few people on PC that's old yet not mature. Ideas/views/talks? You can't really know if the person will act mature based on the way they talk about mature topics.
    The way I look at it, if it can't be talked about anywhere on PC then it really doesn't need to be talked about (as long as people don't blow up a mature topic can be held in OC).

I don't think it would be fair at all that just some people get access
    Maybe fun for those who is in, but it is never funny at the outside
    If you knew the old T-Dome you wouldn't think that. The ones on the outside had it better off.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    I'm a genius*. I just know these sorts of things.* I'm not really a genius.
    If you didn't add in you weren't a genius I would've questioned you. & Lt. Surge's Raichu- Just being a guest is boring, you can't even use the search function, so I prefered signing up.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Just being a guest is boring, you can't even use the search function, so I prefered signing up.

Being a guest isnt too bad unless you want an input into something. I signed up about a week after I first found PC, and I didnt even log back in until 3 weeks later xD.

Years
  • I already answered that, pokejungle. I don't see how it's so hard to believe. Or a big deal. xD; I'm hardly the same person, anyway. And certainly not significant. I don't know what kind of stuff Frosty has been getting into, but I've done no such MotM sweep since I've returned.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Being a guest isnt too bad unless you want an input into something. I signed up about a week after I first found PC, and I didnt even log back in until 3 weeks later xD.
    Yeah..I think I remember you were inactive. But I never knew you signed up until I got to know you. Reminds me of our inactive friend, eh? Yes..that one who we only see every leap year. XD (And don't say you don't know who).

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Yeah..I think I remember you were inactive. But I never knew you signed up until I got to know you. Reminds me of our inactive friend, eh? Yes..that one who we only see every leap year. XD (And don't say you don't know who).

You do?? I think that was after my initial post. For some reason, I forgot I had joined and carried on being a guest for 3 weeks.... that was weird.

Hehe, which inactive friend are you talking about??

Every leap year is a major exaggeration!

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    You do?? I think that was after my initial post. For some reason, I forgot I had joined and carried on being a guest for 3 weeks.... that was weird.

Hehe, which inactive friend are you talking about??

Every leap year is a major exaggeration!

The one who once heart her everything XD(You may not get the whole joke there)

And yeah..of course it is. That's why I said it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Oh, and to address what Jack said, yes... that 'new' TDome would cause an elitism and a half to every member who joined. As long as it stayed in the private forum, it wouldn't be so bad...but if it because to separate members in the main forum, that'd be bad. In BMGf, it always feels like ALL the members think they're ALWAYS right. That's just how I perceive it, and they run on the line that they're the most mature forum out there.

Maturity actually comes in much more when you admit that you're wrong, than when you think you're right. So in some ways, many people really misunderstand the whole concept of it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back