• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

>>> The April DCC thread of doom <<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Of course they can, there's currently one about Friend Codes around at the moment.

*Searches announcements* Yeah, but a mod didn't make that one/any announcements listed in that section.

Anyways, DBE and stuff has been talked about for daaays. All this talk has made me hungry for some reason..

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Perhaps the most notorious example of extended downtime was back in September 2006; PC was down for half an entire month. Prior to that, downtime was limited to several hours, a single day at most.
    I remember that. I was lucky to miss it because of a limited computer access while in Japan for 3 weeks.
    *Searches announcements* Yeah, but a mod didn't make that one/any announcements listed in that section.
    I'm pretty sure mods can make announcements too, it's just that the admins are the ones with the news.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    But I haven't seen any mods make announcements for things like new themes or stuff.
    And I just realised something having nothing to do with what we're talking about.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Yeah, I wish PC loaded faster too. Compared to some other forums, I get get two or three pages looked at while PC just loads once. And I don't think PC will shut down. Not sure why we were talking about that. But yeah, I did here rumours from two staffers about a potential of it~

Krafty Quill

Banned
    Years
    But I haven't seen any mods make announcements for things like new themes or stuff.
    And I just realised something having nothing to do with what we're talking about.

Why don't we just let the mods do what they do in their own timing?

So, what did you just realise?

Oh yes, it was. There were times where it was down and lasted for days, even weeks. I can't reminisce on how many occurrences of this have been made, though other times may have been minor.

Hrm, there were times when I didn't bother with PC for days and even weeks, so I guess it didn't affect me as much back then. recently, it's becoming too unbearable. It's like waiting for ten minutes for a game to load, only to play a round that lasts two minutes

Last edited:

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Um yeah.

I didn't actually expect anyone to pay attention to that. XD
    But I realised that..
    Life is full of changes. Yeah..XD

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Yeah, I wish PC loaded faster too. Compared to some other forums, I get get two or three pages looked at while PC just loads once. And I don't think PC will shut down. Not sure why we were talking about that. But yeah, I did here rumours from two staffers about a potential of it~

PC loads pretty fast for me compared to other forums. Really opposite to you.... it takes me ages to load SPPF so I stopped going there, but for places hosted by Proboards, that's just faster than PC.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years

I know what you mean. It's so pathetic. =<

When did you hear those rumors? o.o I've never heard anything about it...

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Hold on ... and that's what you just realised?

Well, try to be more specific. Are we talking about growing up type of change, getting dumped type of change, moving to a new house type of change, making new enemies type of change, taking drugs type of change?

Yeah..it uh..took me a while. XD

The type..where like friends stray apart, and only the better ones stay close. Some sappy type of change though. XD

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    The type..where like friends stray apart, and only the better ones stay close. Some sappy type of change though. XD

Well it's good you're getting a taste of that at only 14. I'm sure you'll experience it much more over the years. The older you get, the less you take your true friends for granted.

Krafty Quill

Banned
    Years
    Before the decision to shut down PC is ultimately made, there's probably going to be an official announcement about it. Forget about the rumours and try to enjoy PC while it still lives.

Yeah..it uh..took me a while. XD

Yeah, I've had that happen to me too. In my case, it's usually due to moving to a new location or changes in interests. Like, me and a good pal of mine, used to be nerds and play video games all day together, then all of a sudden puberty struck and his interest shifted to girls and partying and stuff. He's made new friends at a new school that are similar to him so yeah. I'm still a nerd and he transformed into a jock.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    Fuz- Actually..closer to fifteen that fourteen. XD

Both- But yeah, I noticed I was spending less time with the people that I think are important, and that's why I realised that.

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    That makes it seem like alot.
    It's only about six hours.
    And anyways, I meant online friends.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back