• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Argent Tournement

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    I stepped up for my first battle. "Kris Collins VS Lucas Tyler" Announced an attendant. On the seperate side of the field a kid around 10 popped up. "I'm gonna win!" He yelled across to me and let out a Sunkern. "I'm awesome, you can't beat me! I'm the best there is! I will never be defeated and I will win this Tournament! My pokemon are the best! And did I mention that i'm awesome!" The kid just went on and on.
    God. This is so annoying! "Tales. Flamethrower." The little fox appeared and let loose a blast of flames. The kid didn't even notice Vulpix appear and his Sunkern go down. He was too busy being annoying.
    "And-and...WHA?! SUNNY! WHAT?! NO!" The kid recalled his pokemon and finally shut up. "Time to get serious! GO, LAPRAS!" A Lapras materialized on the field.
    YES! HE SHUT UP! "Tales, return!" The little fox disappeared in a beam of light. "Go, Larvitar." Larvitar appeared and immediately knew it was battle time. "Dig." Larvitar burrowed under the ground and began heading towards Lapras.
    "Lapras use Surf!" A wall of water appeared with Lapras on top. The water filled Larvitar's burrow and forced him out.
    "Larvitar, Dark Pulse!" Larvitar let loose at Dark Pulse a full power, knocking Lapras over. "Now use Earthquake!" The ground began to shake and caused Lapras to flip back over, not without dealing some damage though.
    "Lapras! Use Sheer Cold!"
    NO! "HYPER BEAM!" The beam and frigid air collided, but Hyper Beam was overwhelmed and Larvitar was knocked out by Sheer Cold. "...Larvitar, return." I recalled the fallen pokemon and sent out my last, Cinder.
    "Leafy, GO!" The kid sent out a Nuzleaf, rather strong looking. "Aerial Ace!" The Nuzleaf came in quick, but not quick enough.
    "Quick attack!" Cinder dodged Nuzleaf with quick attack, then began charging for it. "Flame Wheel!" While in the middle of quick attack, Cinder shifted to Flame Wheel, causing it to hit Nuzleaf full force.
    "Synthesis!" Nuzleaf replenished its health with Synthesis. "Razor Wind!" It let out a series of Razor winds, Cinder barely able to dodge them.
    "Swift!" Cinder let loose swift.
    "Faint Attack!" Nuzleaf disappeared and dodged Swift. "Extrasensory!" Nuzleaf attacked Cinder with Extrasensory, Cinder was unable to dodge and got slammed by the move.
    "Cinder, let's finish this with Eruption!" Fire went everywhere and scorched Nuzleaf. It was too intense for the pokemon and it fainted.
    "NO! LEAFY!" The boy rushed over to his pokemon and began to sob a little.
    "Good job. We won." Cinder walked to my side and nuzzled my leg. I kneeled down and praised the pokemon. "You did great! Here, you wanna poffin?" "Quil! Quil!" The pokemon jumped up and down and I threw him a poffin. He caught it in mid-air and chowed it down. I returned to the team and began watching some other battles.

Kularian

Talespinner
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2014
    Iris cracked her knuckles, a dark grin showing over her face as she watched the nerdy-looking trainer. "Don't want any trouble, eh..?" she asked as she took a step forward, keeping an eye on the Natu on the window ledge. "Well maybe you should've thought of that before you-" she began, before she heard another enter, and turned to see what appeared to be a young boy, outfitted with some rather rare pokemon. She blinked, and before she could speak again, another entered the room, and she was forced to take a few steps away from her initial target.

She growled low under her breath, the woman ready to get into a scrap with every single person here, if she had to. But before she had a chance to do or say anything, another person wandered in, only this one appeared to be from the Tournament, which meant that she wasn't going to be able to cream her own teammate. At least not yet. "This isn't over," she spoke, looking to the boy with the Natu, her ice blue eyes watching him for a moment before following the others outside.

Once outside, and seeing the other trainers around, the thought of battle was starting to change her mood slightly. While she didn't seem any more kind or complacent than she had moments ago, at least her energies were directed towards things outside of their group. "Time for battle? Sweet..." she said under her breath, again reviewing the various techniques that her pokemon had. This was something that wasn't going to be able to turn down. She was psyched about entering the battle; and she was going to win. There wasn't a bit of doubt in her mind.

Almost as soon as they arrived, a few names were called to take place on the various stages around. There was no crowd, so this seemed like it was going to be some sort of elimination challenge, preliminary style. They didn't want crappy teams to be in the tournament or it wouldn't sell tickets next year. Iris crossed her arms over her chest, tapping one finger on her shoulder as she waited. She shot a glare at the boy with the Natu. "My name is Iris," she said to him, her eyes flickering over his form. "Just so you know the name of who's going to kick your ass later," she finished, before she heard her name called, and went towards the battle platform.

The girl's opponent was a male around her age, who looked to be rather...crafty. The way he carried himself just said to her that he wasn't going to be the most honorable of opponents. "C'mon Helmet!" she called, sending out the Ralts. The boy didn't speak, and released a Poochyena in response, causing the girl to groan. That meant that Psychic attacks were completely useless. Being a Dark-type trainer, she knew such things, as annoying as they were. "Start with Magical Leaf; don't let him get away."

The boy's eyes glowed blue, and Iris growled, realizing that he was a psychic himself. Odd that he was using a Dark-Type...but then again, if you knew the power of Psychics, having a defense against them wasn't a bad offense. And that logic seemed to hold true as though the leaf crashed into the dog pokemon, it had no issue charging forward and clamping its jaws around Ralts' waist. "Helmet! Thunderbolt that sucker!" The small creature growled, electricity building up in it before releasing a burst of electric energy into the Poochyena, which of course affected the Ralts as well. Helmet's body slumped, and although the Poochyena looked winded, it stayed standing, though it dropped Helmet.

Iris cursed. "Helmet! Return!" she cried out, waiting for the boy to choose his next. A Growlithe made its appearance, and Iris smirked, releasing Swirls. "Bubblebeam!" she commanded, and from within the swirl on its stomach came a gathering of water before a rather large burst of bubbles started to emerge, fanning out as it headed towards the Growlithe. The boy's eyes flared blue again, but the Growlithe just yawned, scratching behind its ear, not at all listening. This proved fatal as the single attack sent the Growlithe back to its pokeball.

Her final opponent was a Phanpy, and Iris couldn't quite believe her luck as she returned Swirls and sent out Frost. "Icy Wind! Slow him down!" she called out, and a cold wind picked up as the Sneasel channeled his ice energies before releasing a burst of frightfully cold air. The Phanpy took it with a cry, before it charged forward, rolling into a ball and aiming itself right at Frost. "Don't let that hit you! Agility, followed by another Icy Wind! Slow that to a crawl!" she called out, and Frost did as he was asked, dodging the attack easily before firing another burst of cold air.

The Phanpy turned, beginning to charge in for a Take Down attack, looking to go full force against him. "Pre-emptive him with Ice Shard, and then finish this with a Faint Attack!" The Ice shard slowed down the Phanpy's momentum, along with the two previous Icy Winds and Frost's own Agility, that the Sneasel was able to flicker forward and deliver the attack that, appropriately, fainted the Phanpy. Iris smirked, returning the Sneasel. "Better luck next time," she called, shooting him a wink and a grin. The boy didn't respond, simply returning the Phanpy and moving back to his group.

"Ah~ I feel better," she said aloud as she returned to her group.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    There were many trainers gathered before of a stage, where an attendant was announcing names and was sending the trainers in small stadiums where they battled. The team joined the other trainers. Some of them heard their names and went to battle their first opponent. This sure isn't for show, thought Ray, there's no audience. All that people earlier must've went there to buy tickets for tomorrow and only some of them were the contestants.
    His thoughts stopped when he heard his name - and another boy's, but he didn't give attention. An attendant came with the other boy and took Ray to the small stadium.
    They stood in front and examined eachother. He was a little taller than him, he had dark blue hair and an expression of wild happiness - he thought he was going to win. Ray wore the same expression to make him doubt. The guy just smirked and went to his spot on the stadium.
    "What's your name again?" Ray winked.
    The boy was angered. Psychological war. Ray smiled.
    "Ody Archon"
    Ray thought it'd be too much to make fun of him. He didn't want to either. He went to his spot and waited for the signal the attendant was going to give.
    "Commence battle"
    Cyndaquil got off his shoulder and walked slowly in front of him. Of course, he was always using him as the first Pokemon.
    "What, that thing is gonna battle? Hahah!" yelled his opponent and laughed. Ray thought he had small doubts, so he was going to sent out a Pokemon with type advatage againist his Cyndaquil. Ray remained silent.
    "Go, Squirtle!"
    A Squirtle appeared. Ray had found a way to beat it already. The holes in Squirtle's shell for his arms and legs were too small. It clapped its hands and prepared to attack.
    "Use Water Gun!" Squirtle spit a small water blast.
    "Cyndaquil, Quick Attack to avoid it and direct attack to get close to him."
    Ody heard the order and was confused.
    Cyndaquil became very quick and dodged the blast. Then he charged at Squirtle with great speed.
    "Squirtle, use Withdraw to avoid the attack! Let's see what you'll do now!"
    "Cyndaquil stop in front of him and close Squirtle's arms into his shell..."
    "And use Flamethrower in the hole of his leg!"
    The tactic was simple. Cyndaquil's hands didn't let his fire go out of the poor Pokemon's shell. The fire reached Squirtle's head. Oh, that is so harsh.
    Squirtle started screaming and it got out of its shell, trying to douse fire with its water. Ray didn't lose any time.
    "Cyndaquil, use Quick Attack!"
    The fire Pokemon charged at Squirtle once again and it hit the side of its shell and it got knocked over, in front of his trainer.
    "What the heck...?" murmoured Ody.
    "That's what happens when you underestimate my buddy"

"Go Gible!" Ray threw Gible's PokeBall in the ground.
    Ody sent out a Buizel. The opponent's Pokemon looked and hated eachother from the first moment.
    Ray smiled as it was time for angering his foe.
    "Take the first move, you lost the last battle."
    His foe groanned and tried to ignore him. However, he took the first move.
    "Buizel, use Water Pulse!" yelled Ody.
    "Gible.. use Swords Dance"
    Gible watched the incoming pusle and tried to avoid it. He ignored Ray. The pulse hit Gible and the little Pokemon groaned as it didn't like water.
    "What kind of trainer are you if your Pokemon ignores you?" shouted Ody so Ray could hear him. He was right. Later he'd try to be friends with Gible.
    "Buizel, use Aqua Jet"
    Gible started to get tired. He decided to trust its trainer for a minute.
    "Counter!"
    Gible grabbed the charging Buizel and threw it to the ground with great force. That hurt.
    "Buizel use Water Pulse!" There was no way of avoiding it from this far. Gible took the whole attack... and he fell back to its trainer. He wasn't knocked out yet.
    Gible looked at his trainer. His eyes seemed sad, weak. Only that was a reason to beat Ody.
    "Earthquake with full power!" yelled Ray.
    The earth shook as the small Pokemon was jumping up and down. Buizel fainted from the powerful quake wave that shook everything. Gible fainted as well from fatigue.
    "Tie! How can it be TIE?! I was winning!"
    "Again, learn to not underestimate us."
    "Grr.. you're so in for a beatup!"
    "You can't win either way. All you can is make a tie. IF you can beat Jolteon, that is.."
    Ray nodded at the electric Pokemon. His opponent sent out a Ludicolo.
    "Second stage Pokemon againist first?" said Ray thinking of the situation. But it was alright.
    "Yeah! Let's see if you can beat that!" The trainer had a great smile. Ray just smirked.
    "Jolteon use Double Team!" Jolteon cloned herself to copies that were doing what she was doing exactly. She grinned at Ludicolo, as instructed by her trainer. The view was scary because all the clones were grinning at Ludicolo at the same time. Psychological war for the win.
    "Argh.. Ludicolo use Surf!" Ludicolo summoned a great wave of water that was heading towards Jolteon and her clones.
    "Quick Attack to dodge the wave!" Jolteon disappeared and appeared for a moment atop of the wave.
    The Surf hit all the clones, making them vanish. Jolteon was nowhere.
    "What? Where did it go?!"
    "Jolteon, Thunder Fang and Pin Missiles!"
    Jolteon appeared behind Ludicolo and executed both moves with blinding speed.
    She bit the water Pokemon in its back, letting lose of her electricity through her fangs. Then she raised her charged fur, threw her charged spikes directly into Ludicolo. They stuck in its body like electrified daggers. Two seconds! New record.
    "Ludicolo use Surf!"
    "Finish it with Quick Attack!" Jolteon was in melee range, so the attack was instant. She left sparks behind her and charged at Ludicolo's belly before it formed the wave. She let lose of her electricity in his belly just to be sure.
    Jolteon returned to her trainer and rubbed her head in his foot.
    Ray winked at his opponent and walked away.

Last edited:

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
    Ossy sighed, realizing that his introduction hadn't done anything. Deciding to sit down and see who his teammates were surprised to see the clever nosepass guy and the super human anger problem girl. Before anything else could register in Ossy's brain though, a boy walked up and rudely poked Donner, apparently surprised that the pokemon could talk. The magnemite let out a light irritated jolt of electricity, before another boy walked in, a voice behind him calling out "He's gonna be your leader!" He sat down, the others not really noticing him.

"Everyone is here right," a receptionist walked in, bored out of her mind at this task. Ossy nodded nervously, twiddling his thumbs. She then walked out, saying "Alright, come with me please." It was time to battle.

----------------------

Should I use Donner? Or maybe Platte. Definitely not Fenster. Ossy sat staring across the field he was battling on; intimidated by the eighteen year old that was smirking at Ossy. Ossy's choice was then obvious when his opponent released corphish. A pure water type. Donner had an obvious advantage. It was no surprise when Ossy shouted across the field "Donner, you're up!" "Computing… Computing… Target Identified. Species, Corphish. Type, Water. Advantage Identified. Course of action suggested, Electric Attacks." Before Ossy could give an order though, the opponent ordered away.

The ring of water blasted through the air towards the floating machine, splashing against a hastily erected Light Screen. The steel machine fired off a Thunderbolt, intent on frying the red lobster of an opponent. Before it hit though, the corphish fired off an underhanded Bubblebeam. The stream of bubbles crashed into the underside of the magnemite, propelling the robot up even as its magnetic stabilizers temporarily short circuited. At the same time the current of electricity slammed into the corphish, creating a small blast as the pokemon was also in the air. From the air, the two then attacked each other, a Wave of Thunder paralyzing the corphish's joints as a Blizzard flew over magnemite's head. Rapid fire Sonic Booms then blasted through a defensive wall of Bubbles. The steel robot then focused on the opponent, Locking On to the opponent. With that a massive burst of Thunder tore across the arena, slamming into the pesky corphish. With that, an over heated robot fell to the floor, the lobster across the field thudding to the ground in synchrony.

Multiple flashes of light and a bronzor was released across from a cackling murkrow. Platte spun towards the opponent like a Frisbee, glowing with steel type energy. The dark bird then Sucker Punched the bronzor as it finished Gyrating like a Ball. With a quick levitation backwards, the psychic plate's eyes glowed before releasing a Confusing Ray. As the murkrow dive bombed the floor with multiple Peck attacks, the bronzor thickened itself with a layer of Defensive Iron. The head first crash into the floor snapped the dark bird to its senses, just in time to fire off an Air Slash. Using Ancient Powers, the bronzor tore stones from the ground, hurling them at the opponent. Each pokemon was down from the other's attack.

"Ugh," Ossy was nervous. This meant one thing. Fenster would be battling. "Start off with Sharpen!" the digital pokemon was released across from an almost identical porygon. It fired off a luminescent beam of psychic, which Fenster dodged with Agility, contrary to orders. "Psybeam," Fenster fired off a Tri-colored beam Attack, paralyzing the foe before it could fire its charged Zap Cannon. "Sharpen," A quick Discharge of electrical energy caused the still held Zap Cannon to blow up in the opponent's face. "Finish with Shadow Ball!" Fenster smirked, charging yellowish energy that Signaled a Beam attack. The attack decimated the opponent's porygon. Ossy had won the battle. Albeit in an unorthodox way, but it was a win none the less. "Yes!"

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    It was apparent that nobody liked anyone in this group. This was a dismal realization. Matthew thought he could win anyone over with charm, but clearly this was not the case. Man…this sucks, he thought to himself. Why is everyone here so quick to dislike each other? Its uncalled for. I mean, really. Nobody even likes Kipz. How can you not love her? She's so cute. In this moment, Matthew began cuddling with his Kipz, much to the Pokemon's dismay. To this significant distraction, Matthew only heard the phrase "battle."

Matthew exclaimed: "Battle? Oh jeez. This ain't good…" Against his better judgement, he went along with his other group members to the arena. He only gulped at the sheer idea of a battle. He lacked experience against other trainers. Matthew only fought wild Pokemon up to now and on certain occasions he battled his parents. But they always went easy on him.

---------------------------------------

When it came to his turn, Matthew stepped up and faced his opponent. It was a girl, about a year younger than he was. "This ought to be easy then. Girls never have strong Pokemon," Matthew laughed.

"What did you say?!" the girl growled. "I'll show to never underestimate me! Martha the terrible!"

"Martha? Your name is Martha?!" Matthew roared in laughter. "Oh god….that's too much!" Martha's frustration mounted and she chucked her Pokeball into the field, revealing her first competitor: Bellsprout. It had a souless look its eye. Its eyes were that of a murderer. A murderer of cute Pokemon like Mudkip. Matthew, of course, wasn't paying attention and let Kipz take center stage. Water type vs Grass type. This does not bold well. Matthew saw this flaw all to late. "Aw crap…"he muttered under his breath. The Bellsprout charged the innocent blue Pokemon and struck her with a thunderous vine whip. Putting all its weight into the single blow, it was clearly massive critical hit. Kipz was launched back to his trainer in an instant, unconscious and defeated. Matthew gasped and then fell silent. The very of breath of life that filled Matthew with energy left his body. His skin went pale and his hair appeared to lost its style.

"How was that you big jerk? Girls can battle too! Now prepare to lose round 2 and watch your team's chances at winning go up in smoke! Go Machop!" A muscular Pokemon from Martha's side slowly entered the field. It was burly and larger than most Machop. It was likely close to evolving.

"Damn, thats a toughie to beat," Matthew blurted out. Returning to Kipz to her Pokeball, Matthew grabbed the other two balls from his belt. Staring them down with a stern face, Matthew quickly came to decision. It was more likely he was imaging a coin toss in his head. "Hmm, I'll try this one. Go Ri!" From the flashing lights, a Rilou was chosen.

"How does a clown like you have a rare Pokemon like that? Doesn't matter! Machop use low kick and trip that small guy!" The fighting Pokemon leapt towards the Rilou with incredible speed, but instincts took over and Ri countered the attack by grasping the lead foot of the Machop and tossing the opponent aside, and watched as it ate dirt.

"Good job, Ri! Follow up with a quick attack" Ri dashed from side to side in order to feint and confuse his opponent before delivering a low blow to the Machop as it rose from the ground. Without an order from its trainer, the Machop attacked to retaliate with a karate chop, but Rilou dodged the attack with an aerobatic back flip.

"Don't give up Machop! Use Seismic Toss!" Machop gave the Rilou a bearhug while he has in midair and unleashed a massive slam only seen on your typical wrestling program, nearly knocking Ri out.

"Last ditch effort. Reversal!" Matthew ordered. With all his strength, Ri reversed the tide of battle with an earth shattering blow. The ground crumbled under them a pseudo-explosion began causing various earthly particles to fill up the air. The nearby trainers coughed in order to catch their breaths. It was difficult to see the end results of the battle. A moment of silence followed. When the dust settled and vision became clear, Machop's body was seen limp on the ground with no spark of life. Ri stood tall.

"No way….I was banking on Machop to win," Martha said. "Now all I got is….this." Dropping the last Pokeball on the ground, a red fish came out of the ball. It was Magikarp. Epic.

"Magikarp…" one of her team members spit out. "You brought one of those to the field?"

"I was banking on it evolving before the tournament started!" Martha yelled defensively.

"Wow, lucky me! Go Ray!" Pikachu leapt from his Pokeball and in the same aerial movement unleashed a thunderbolt attack, frying the very existence of the opposing Magikarp. "Now we can fish for dinner!" Matthew jeered. Marth turned to her teammates, ashamed and defeated. Clearly she just became the butt of many jokes.

Matthew exited the battlefield and went to his allies: "Hey guys! I actually won! That was my first battle too!"

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    Mia was waiting for her match to be called. The receptionist walked up to her and took a look at her brown clipboard.

"Ah, Mia. You will be up going against Rosa Cartier." she told her, with a smile. She walked to the other contestants to issue them battles, in her tight uniform. Mia scuffled. She took at look at the area's map, and walked herself into the Training Battle Room. She entered the big doors and perfectly on the other side of a map, was another girl. She seemed about 21 years old, two years younger then her.

"Show me what you've got, girl." she yelled; with a smirk. She liked this girl. Powerful and wants to show it.

"Oh, I will!" Mia laughed back. Rosa elegantly removed one of the Pokeballs from her belt, clearly it was a Timer Ball. Out came a Shuckle. It wobbled a round a bit, but knew it was in for the fight. Mia lifted her eyes; and removed her sunglasses. She slipped them in her Pocket and through out her Pokeball. Anikka flew out, ready to fight. She let out a terryfing screech that startled the Shuckle and Rosa, but Mia was used to it. She wanted to break out laughing at the girl holding her ears. The scream subsided, and she went to make her first move. Anikka circled the Shuckle, in increasing speeds; she finally striked. Mia had taught Anikka to use Shadow sneak on any Pokemon as a first move. "Encore!" the girl yellled.

The Shuckle became stiff; and began to start clapping its tentacles together. Anikka was confused, because it was just hurt. It became obvious to her that it needed more. Anikka repeated the move, circling until a quick strike was done. Shuckle seemed to be almost unnaffected by the move. Until a lightbulb popped over her head. Shuckle just kept on clapping. It was not well trained.

"Shuckle?" the girl asked, with a confused look.

"Come back, Anikka!" Mia yelled. When she meant 'come back' she did not take them back in, more by their side.

"Go, Dajule!" she yelled, and tossed a pokeball onto the field. A Mawile popped up, and it caused the Shuckle to stop clapping immediately. It started wobbling about whining, because it could not escape it. It tried to roll away; but it kept on hurting itself. By then, it had already trapped itself.

"No!" Rosa yelled.

"Dajule, use metal claw!" she insisted. The giant teeth approached Shuckle, who looked at the Mawile with puppy eyes. It nearly started crying.

"Ha ha! Use attract, Shuckle!" Rosa yelled. Dajule was nearly about to launch the attack when he was captivated. Whenever he tried to attack, he just couldn't pull it off. Dajule looked behind itself at Mia, who was crossing her arms.

"Dajule! It's for the tournament! Use metal claw!" she yelled. Dajule closed its eyes, and bit Shuckle with sharp teeth. The Shuckle fainted.

"Go, Sableye!" she yelled out. Dajule had dealt with Spiritombs before. If he could deal with them, Sableyes would be easier.

"Sableye, use Shadow Ball!" she yelled out. It did was it was told. Dajule was nearly unaffected, and almost laughed. He approached the Sableye with its massive teeth, and gave a good bite. It kept it in the teeth for a while, until it managed to escape. Dajule just kept on biting, the Sableye was too slow to take advantage of its chances, and it eventually died out. Rosa was devastated. Her team was watching through the windows.

"Go Weepinbell!" she yelled out, and a bulb managed to fling itself around. It was relatively faster, but obviously could not deal with Mawile.

"Dajule, use counter!" she yelled, after the Weepinbell brutally tackled it. Dajule embraced the power and let out its own power on itself. Weepinbell fainted. Mia smirked.

"What!" Rosa yelled.

"Yes." Mia yelled back.

"NO!" she screamed, storming out of the room. Mia walked out the doors she came in to see the rest of her... immature team.

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
    Argent Tournament
    Roland's view #3 – Firefight

Within seconds, the entire group had been led out into a huge arena, much larger than it had ever appeared on TV. Roland instantly became a little nervous, but then realised just how many people were in the stands. Ten, twelve at best… This made it obvious just how important this part of the tournament was… At this, the speakers whirred into life.

"Would Roland Edward Thale, and Alexandra Dean, please step up to the stadium"

Roland nodded to himself and headed towards one of the many stadiums dotted inside one huge one. Many of which were being used by the other trainers for their battles. His new "arch-nemesis" fighting with her Ralts, which seemed to be faring rather well, actually. Ozzy with his Porygon, reeling off as many attacks as possible. They all seemed to be fighting better than Roland had expected, but now was the time to live up to his own expectations.

"So you're Roland? It's a pleasure to be fighting against you" his opponent flattered.

"You to!" Roland yelled back, trying to stay polite.

At this, both trainers pulled a Pokéball from their belt, and threw it high into the air.

"Hya!"

"Roselia!"

Roland smiled. While many would seem disappointed at this type match-up, Roland knew well enough that Psychic-type attacks worked wonders on Poison-types. It would be a fairly even fight.

"Crys, use RapidSpin!"

The Staryu span its body rapidly, which actually caused it to hover slightly as it launched itself at the Roselia.

"Roselia, use Leechseed!" the girl ordered, hoping to slow down the incoming missile.

The Grass/Poison-type raised its flowery arms, and launched a seed from each of them. A second off of Crys they exploded into a net of vines to ensnare the Water-type. Not likely. The sheer speed of the Pokémon tore the netting apart, leaving the Roselia wide open. As expected, the attack landed dead on, launching Roselia backwards.

"Roselia, try a PoisonSting!"

The Roselia pushed itself back up, and aimed once again at Crys, who had now span her way back to Roland's side. The needles that were fired shot at Crys, who simply stood there, waiting for an order.

"Lightscreen, then charge up for a Powergem!" Roland ordered, seconds away from the attack.

A wall of light caused the needles to bounce off wildly, many stack out from the ground like trip mines. At this, Crys's gem flashed an orange-colour, and a small sphere appeared in front of her, which slowly grew bigger and bigger. The girl Roland faced saw this as her chance.

"Roselia, use MagicalLeaf to cover a PoisonJab!"

The Grass-Type used its abilities to full effect as a barrage of leaves fire at Crys, each changing colour as they moved. The Staryu grunted the blow, but only because her trainer had not yet given an order. The Roselia moved closer and closer, its flower turning a violet colour.

"Fire!" Roland ordered, hoping the Roselia was close enough.

The sphere –which was now the size of Staryu herself- was launched at tremendous speed at the Roselia. There was no-way to dodge it; it was far too close range. The Grass-Type slammed into the floor near its trainer's feet, unable to move.

"But… I was supposed to win that…" moaned the girl, as she returned the Roselia, and prepared to use another Pokémon.

Roland did the same. But rather than retrieve a new Pokéball, Quay the Natu hopped off of his shoulder and ready himself to fight.

"Go, Lanturn!"

'A stage1 Pokémon vs. a basic Pokémon? This could be interesting', thought Roland, but his thoughts were soon shattered as he remembered Lanturn's secondary type, Electricity.

Quay would have to fight as hard as hell to win this, or at least, have Roland guiding him.

"Lanturn, use ChargeBeam!"

The beam of light and electricity fired from the "bulb" on Lanturn's head, and was inches away from Quay, when… Vanish. Quay had completely vanished. A perfect Teleport.

"OminousWind!" Roland yelled, hoping that Quay –where-ever he was – was close enough to hear him.
    He was, as a bellowing tower of purple wind struck Lanturn from the sky, leaving Quay to hover down gently to the floor.

"Use Discharge Lanturn!"

Roland hadn't seen this coming. Electricity fired out of Lanturn like an explosive, striking Quay, and a couple of other Pokémon involved in battling. Quay struggled to pull himself back up, but all hope was lost as Lanturn made its way towards the TinyBird Pokémon. Its bulb flashed brightly, and a burst of energy smashed into Quay. A rather flawless SignalBeam. Roland pulled a Pokéball from his belt, he knew well enough how much Quay could take, and that was far past it.

"Good job Quay" Roland turned up from the Pokéball to his foe, "Let's see how you fare against East" he mocked, as he threw the Pokéball in his other hand.

As expected, it erupted in a flurry of energy, revealing the same Nosepass which had helped Roland through the crowds earlier.

"Nose-!" bellowed the creature, as it assumed its defensive position.

"Go, Meditite!" screamed the girl, as she once again, tossed a Pokeball into the air.

Roland waited patiently for the next attack. He needed to simply wait. The girl ordered Meditite to use Hi-Jump Kick. Big mistake.

"Use Block!"

East agreed by placing its arms in front of his face, and then pushed the Meditite out of the way, allowing it to slam into the wall.

"East, use RockThrow!"

The two rocks that resembled arms were fired at the crashed Meditite, slamming into it at tremendous speed. The rocks continued to punch their way through the Fighting/psychic-type, viciously lowering the foes health. It didn't take long for this to finish off the Meditate Pokémon. Roland was actually quite glad. He'd won his first fight in an official tournament.

'Things can only go up' Roland thought, but then he remembered he was still on the crazy girls "most-wanted" list. 'Great…'

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Ray was watching his mates battle. They all won, what a good team. At least I'm not leading a bunch of idiots..
    He gently patted Jolteon's head when he saw a Lanturn launching a Discharge attack. His Jolteon was soon going to learn this move.
    The giant screens above him showed who passed in the next round. He saw his face along with the rest of his teamates. He also saw Ody's face. The rest of his team must've won the battles.
    He heard someone speaking in a microphone; a woman. "Congratulations to all who passed in the next round! Tomorrow, at 5 in the afternoon, we'll have our first official battle which will be 2 versus 2 with maximum of 4 Pokemon. See you soon!"
    Ray thought he should catch 4th Pokemon, and that he needed to work on double battle tactics.
    "Any of you want to come train with me tomorrow on Anemos Plains?" he asked his teamates.

He exit the stadium quickly, before anyone else so he wouldn't get caught in the thousands of people of the stadium. He didn't like to wait.
    He seached the map for Hotel Atlantis where he had made a reservation for tonight.

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
    "Um, I'll battle with you." Ossy's response to Ray's question went unheard as the leader walked off. Presumably to get some sleep. Ossy followed his leader's, well, lead and walked out of the stadium, quickly getting a cab and directing him to Hotel Atlantis. "Brrriinnngggg! Brrriinnngggg! Brrriinnngg –" Ossy answered his phone, saying "My whole team won, Mother," thanks to the wonders of caller ID. "Oh, honey, that's so wonderful!" Ossy smiled, before saying "Thanks mom. And guess what. Tomorrow the leader is going to go train in Anemos Plains and invited the whole team to go." His mother smiled, her tone growing serious as she then said, "If you go with him, then I only want you to use Fenster. Okay, Oswald?" Ossy's smile was wiped from his face, as he responded with a dull "Yes mother." Ossy then had to end the call as the taxi driver pulled to a stop.

Nakuzami

Years
    "Hmm...Surprising." Everyone on my team had won their battle. At least i'm not stuck with losers, even that kid...Ossy, could battle. There was an announcement, the first round would be a double battle. Ray walked out of the stadium after announcing he would be training in Anemos Plains, followed by Ossy. A cab pulled up and they got in. They must be going to a hotel or... I got up and walked out to the street. I think i'll go camp out in the plains... I began walking towards the Anemos Plains.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Early in the morning, at 7, Ray was out of the hotel walking in the streets of Vencrown. He was heading to the Pokemon Shop. It was a huge building with lots of windows.
    He was amazed when he entered; the store had awesome stuff related to Pokemon and their trainers. Perfect for buying anything for Pokemon!
    He saw Pokemon toys in a shelve. A frisbee, some dolls, a bone-stick and other toys. But he proceeded without giving much attention. He wanted some things to make training easier, or his Pokemon stronger and happier.

At the second corridor with shelves, there were 3 shelves that got Ray's attention: the poffins. The poffins which filled the shelves had many flavours. He picked a dry poffin for Jolteon, a spicy one for Cyndaquil... but he didn't know what to give Gible. So he got a sour poffin for him.

Right next to the poffins, there were the vitamin shelves. But he didn't want to buy any. He couldn't afford it anyway. Later, he found out he couldn't buy any of the things in the store, except the poffins. He left the building holding the 3 poffins he got for his Pokemon, in a quite bad mood.
    I hope the others can buy any of this stuff.. I wonder if anyone will show up in Anemos Plains?

He continued walking until he got out of the gate, and headed northwest, in the grassland, following the path. He looked at the area trying to identify the Pokemon that were around him. He needed to catch something. Then he saw a tent. He got curious and went to see.
    "Hey, is anyone there?"

Nakuzami

Years
    I woke up fairly early, around 7am. I got up and took a look around. "Okay, so who lives here and who do I want?" I saw a flock of Pidgey, a herd of Miltank, a herd of Tauros and a few Girafarig. "Hmm...i'm not very interested in the Pidgey, not as much as the other three at least." I wanted to catch all three but I knew I had to choose one. "Well, I should go for strategy not 'aww! I so want you!' so I guess that means...Girafarig." I headed over to the Girafarig I had spotted, Pokeball in hand. Time to catch a Pokemon.
    Right then I heard a voice. "Hey, is anyone there?" I turned and saw Ray. "Hey!" I waved to him to call him over.

GrifSpark

Years
    Argent Tournament
    Roland's view #4 – Finishing up

"Congratulations to all who passed to the next round! Tomorrow, at 5 in the afternoon, we will be having our first official battle, which will be two versus two with a maximum of four Pokémon. See you soon!"

Roland began to ponder over some interesting tactics. East had never been very good a double battles, due to the fact he rarely ever had any practise at it. Quay and Crys on the other hand, worked much better as a team, which should prove useful.

"Any of you want to come and train with me tomorrow on Anemos Plains?"

Roland knew well enough about the Pokémon there, primarily Normal-types, although it had Pokémon of nearly any type. A wide population of Tauros too. They were a little too brutish for his tactics, but you never know…

"I will" Roland replied as he raised his hand.

Some extra training would do him good. East hovered over to Roland, using MagnetRise to keep him in the air ever so slightly. Roland responded by tapping the Rock-type with its Pokeball, causing it to explode in a flurry of scarlet light. He placed the ball back on his belt, and then pondered over what to do now.

Nakuzami

Years
    I didn't bother to wait for Ray to come over. I turned to the Girafarig. "Cinder, use Lava Plume." Fire went everywhere, hitting all of the Girafarig. All but one of the Girafarig fled. "Ok then, I guess you're mine. Cinder use quick attack!" Cinder charged in to attack Girafarig, only to be stopped by a Psychic. Cinder was thrown and slammed all over the place. "Swift." Cinder let out a Swift, breaking the Girafarig's concentration and stopping Psychic. "Now use Flamethrower." A swirl of flames went after the Girafarig, engulfing it in the fire. I took this chance and threw a Poke Ball. As the flames cleared, I saw the Girafarig was inside the Poke Ball, caught.
    I turned and saw some rather strange Pokemon. "W-What are those? Well whatever they are I have to have one!" There were three monkey pokemon that I had never seen before, walking around close to them was a spider and a snake. I looked at my pokeballs, only two left right now. "Who do I catch?" I turned again and saw the faces of the other Girafarig, sad at the loss of theor friend. I picked up Girafarig's poke ball. "You can go..." A flash of blue light and Girafarig was off and running towards the others. "Now to catch some Pokemon! Cinder, use lava plume!" With that, the snake, spider and one monkey fainted. One monkey picked up the fallen one and ran off. I threw two poke balls at the spider and snake, both stayed inside. "Now that you're mine, be useful." The snake reappeared, ready to fight. "Now what can you do?" I decided to pick up my Pokedex and check its moves. "Ok then, Tsutaaja, use Grass Oath." The pokemon began to spin, sending leaves flying at the Hiyappu, knocking it out. I threw my last poke ball and with that I had six pokemon. "Sweet."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Ray heard the guy battling with a Pokemon. He's going to catch it..
    He saw him and his Quilava fighting a Girafarig. He caught the Pokemon after a battle with really harsh attacks coming from the fire type Pokemon. Cyndaquil was watching Quilava battling and he was amazed.
    Ray waved at his mate, and then he made his way to a small forest up in a hill. He saw something interesting there, earlier.
    "Cyndaquil get off me, it's around here somewhere" said the trainer and the Fire Mouse-Pokemon landed at the grass in front of him. His trainer was looking around in the bushes. A shadow jumped quickly from one bush to another.
    Flamethrower would be dangerous here.. what about Aerial Ace?
    "Aerial Ace!" His Pokemon charged at the bush with great speed, almost flying, but the shadow was quicker. A female Scyther appeared and slashed Cyndaquil.
    "Again!"
    Cyndaquil backed off a bit, hurt from the slash... but it charged again at Scyther and hit it.
    "Flamethrower!" Before Scyther could do anything, Cyndaquil launched a harsh Flamethrower at Scyther, knocking her down. Ray threw a GreatBall.
    The exhausted Pokemon was caught. He let her in the GreatBall to relax for a bit.
    Then the trainer walked back to Kris' tent, with one more Pokemon in his arsenal.

Nakuzami

Years
    I turned and went back to my tent. "Hello." Ray was already by my tent. "I saw you catch the Scyther, good job...and wasn't Ossy with you??" I looked around, no sign of him. "Whatever..." I turned and ran back to train my pokemon some more.
    --------------------------------------
    "Hiyappu use Acrobat!" The monkey pokemon did a series of jumps, finally landing and defeating the Turtwig. "Good job! Now it's Batula's turn." The little spider appeared, ready to battle the Poliwag. "Thundershock!" A little lightning went for Poliwag, knocking it out in one hit. "You guys are cute and strong. I like that."

GrifSpark

Years
    Argent Tournament
    Roland's View #5 – The hunt

Roland headed over to the Atlantis Hotel, which he had heard Ray mutter that he was staying here.

'7:30 should be more than early enough right?' he thought to himself, as he headed inside to ask the receptionist whether Ray was in his room or not.

xxx

"What!?" Roland yelled, obviously alarmed by the news.

"I'm sorry sir, but Nikiphoros Maverick left about half an hour ago…" replied the receptionist as she typed away at her computer.

Roland sighed, and then thought on to Anemos Plains, hoping that was where he had gone.

"Ok, if anyone else comes to see him, tell them that he has gone, and that Roland is off to Anemos Plains to find him"

"Sure" replied the receptionist, as she scribbled down Roland's words on a notepad.

xxx

"Anemos Plains, eh?" Roland muttered the Quay, and was answered by a slight squawk from the Tiny-Bird Pokémon.

The two scanned the area, finding little of interest, although the thick grass had to be hiding something. He pushed forward, parting the grass with his hands, and having branches –which seem to have appeared from no-where- moved with Quay's psychic powers. After a few minutes, he had come across the ending of the thick grass, and had stumbled across a camp-site.

"Thundershock!"

Roland saw a thin trail of lighting appear from the other side of the tent, and strike a Poliwag. He picked up some speed and curved around the tent, and came close to a rare Electric-type.

"Wow, a Denchura." Roland complimented at the rare Pokémon, as he looked up, seeing Ray, and the one of the other team-members.

"Sorry, I didn't catch your name" he continued, looking at the other person.

"Tu, nat!" chirped the psychic-type, as he hopped off Roland's shoulder, and over to the Electric/Bug Pokémon.

Roland wasn't entirely sure what to do at this point. Social situations weren't exactly his strong point. He quickly came up with an excuse.

"I'm going to, uh… Find some Pokémon, for the tournament, you know?" he said, luckily it was what he was going to do.

At this, Roland headed off through the tall grass, and was soon followed by Quay the Natu, who teleported back onto Roland's shoulder.

xxx

The two headed through the grass, some of which went up to Roland's shoulders. They had been heading through the plains for the best part off twenty minutes, and nothing. A couple of Pidgey had flown over head, but nothing else.

"Ow!" Roland yelled as he tripped on a stone, and then slammed into the side of a hill.

He pushed himself back up, and realised just how wrong he was. The 'hill' shook violently, and out of its peak, a silver Pokémon crawled out. The Pokémon was tiny, just taller than Quay, and it clamped its jaws together, causing a trickle of electricity.

"An Aianto nest…" Roland muttered to himself, "Run!"

The nest erupted with more Aianto, each following Roland, as he ran back to the camp.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Ray watched Roland as he was drawing closer. He waved at him. The boy said he'd go catch Pokemon for the tournament. Ray just nodded.
    "Anyone wanna battle with my Gible and Scyther? I need to work out a double battle combo!" yelled Ray.

But then the ground started trembling. Ray saw Roland running. And behind him, lots of Aiantas. At first, he found it funny. But then he realized the situation could get dangerous. He sent out Gible who stood in front of the incoming bugs.
    "Earthquake!"

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    "Congratulations on your winnings, contestant! Please be here tomorrow for your first official battle! Check the note we all gave to you if you need to check!" the receptionist said, through a microphone. Mia smiled. As she walked out, she heard some people talking about going to Anemos Plains early in the morning. She didn't really want to. She walked to Hotel Atlantis where she had reserved for the night. As she walked in, fountains of Vaporeons and Mantines were scattered on the floor. She walked up to the desk.

"I'm Mia Lyra, here for my room." she told her.

"Ah yes! You reserved a few days ago." the woman said.

"You'll be in 37B, on the third floor." she smiled. She went back to her work. Clearly she was busy during the times when the tournaments were active. She walked towards the elevator; and inside was a massive aquarium. Mantines and their Mantykes, and Remoraids and Octillerys flew around as if there was no tomorrow. Eventually she reached the floor. The majestic hallway set a new atmosphere. With elegant lighting and the length of the long hallway, it was pretty. She looked at the first room number. 58C. she had to walk left. Eventually, after a few turns she reached 37B. She swiped the card, and entered the beautiful suite. A full granite kitchen, with all the appliances; and tiled floors in the Kitchens and bathroom. And a massive king-sized bedroom, all for her. She threw her bag in the corner, slapped down on the bed, and layed there until she fell asleep. She woke up that morning. She prepared herself up some cereal; She was thinking about what she was going to do today... She forgot how last night ended.

(I was sort of rushing, i'll be better next post)

Nakuzami

Years
    Roland came over and asked me my name, but then just walked off. The ground began to shake and I saw Roland being chased by some pokemon, Ray responded with an Earthquake from Gible. "Tsutaaja, Grass Oath. Hiyappu, water gun. Batula, thundershock. Larvitar, Dig. Tales, Flamethrower. Cinder, use Lava Plume." I watched as my entire team started blasting away at the pokemon. I looked around for a way to trap the pokemon.

Last edited:
    Back