• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Argent Tournement

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Ray was thinking. He may had beaten Cinder, but Hiyappu looked tough. And he was attacking a hurted Scyther.
    "Scyther, Aerial Ace to Hiyappu! Gabite, Aerial Ace to Janobii!" he ordered his Pokemon and wondered if he was doing the right thing.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    He just loves Aerial Ace, doesn't he? "Jabonii, counter with Iron Tail then use Giga Drain!" Jabonii jumped in and hit Gabite head-on with Iron Tail, then he stepped back to use Giga Drain. Hiyappu already knew what to do. While he was still using Acrobat he easily dodged Scyther and l\flew onto him, hard.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    "Gah.." muttered Ray to himself. But I'm not gonna lose like that!
    Ray nodded at Jolteon who was next to him and the electric Pokemon charged her fur and ran into battle.
    But Scyther fainted after the hit. Gabite took the Iron Tail hit and backed off. Janobii was gonna use Giga Drain.
    "Gabite, quickly get behind Janobii and use Aerial Ace!" Gabite used his speed and got behind Janobii and raised his talons to attack before the grass Pokemon could turn.
    "Jolteon, try Discharge!" It was Jolteon's first time to use that move. It released the electricity out from her fur to all the stadium around her. Gabite wasn't affected by the jolts of thunder.
    "That's right!"

Nakuzami

Years
    Scyther fainted and was replaced by Jolteon. Gabite avoided Giga Drain and started Aerial Ace, again. Jolteon had also launched a Discharge. "Hiyappu, Protect! Jabonii, Double Team!" Hiyappu created a barrier protecting itself from Discharge, Jabonii was hit but still stood since it wasn't very effective. Jabonii then made copies of itself confusing the enemy. "Hiyappu, use ice beam on Gabite and Jabonii use Solarbeam on Jolteon!" The two pokemon launched their attacks, which sailed straight for Ray's pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Gabite is in trouble.. I have to think of something quickly... Yes!
    Ray didn't quite worry about Gabite as he ordered him...
    "Quick! Dig to avoid the Ice Beam! Jolteon, Discharge one more time! Hit Janobii's clones!"
    Gabite dig a hole and disappeared into it. The Ice Beam could be proven fatal for him.
    The electric Pokemon that was standing right in front of her trainer, didn't need to move to unleash her electricity on the stadium. She charged up, let loose and the stadium filled with jolts.

Nakuzami

Years
    Gabite avoided Ice beam by using Dig. "Hiyappu, Dig and meet Gabite underground, then use Ice beam! Jabonii, use Swagger on Jolteon!" Hiyappu burrowed underground after Gabite. Jabonii's doubles began to disappear from Discharge while he went in to confuse Jolteon.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    "Gabite, hit Janobii Dig to stop Swagger!"
    Gabite hit the grass Pokemon but was little too late. Jolteon was slighty confused, and her attack rose. This could be useful!"
    "Jolteon, Pin Missiles to Janobii!" Jolteon was confused, she just stood there, but then she threw out the electrified pins of her body directly to Janobii. And hurted herself in the process.

Nakuzami

Years
    Gabite popped up out of the ground and hit Janobii, but Hiyappu quickly caught up, got right behind Gabite and launched Ice Beam. Jolteon was hurting itself while attacking. It's attack was heading for Jabonii but was a little off darget due to confusion. "Jabonii, dodge and use Leaf Storm!" The pokemon easily jumped out of the way, ran straight up to Jolteon and launched his attack. Let's see him dodge that.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Gabite fainted. Ray wondered how the heck could Janobii take so many attacks.
    Ray saw the Leaf Storm heading towards Jolteon. He then looked at the craters Earthquake made, and then the sunlight Janobii made. Perfect. He was going to launch a terribly strong attack.
    He sent out Cyndaquil.
    "Jolteon, Detect! Cyndaquil, Lava Plume to Leaf Storm and all the stadium!" Cyndaquil gained power from the sunlight, and unleashed a terribly hot lava from his back that covered the whole stadium and stayed in the small craters, burning everything. Jolteon was confused at first, but the she saw the lava approaching and got over it. She protected herself by jumping on an island.
    But Cyndaquil's Lava Plume was way too powerful, and a small Pokemon like Cyndaquil couldn't control it. The lava spread around, burning a Starly that was near by.
    Suddenly, a swarm of Starly attacked the battling trainers, and a Staraptor charged at them.
    "Uh-oh.."

Last edited:

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
    Ossy watched as a giant ant eater came and save to save the day before the scientist caught the thing. After that anti climatic ending, Ossy climbed back onto Ross, looking around at a battle between his teammates, the scientist guy battling a miltank and tauros, and another teammate being chased by a mad snorlax before being defeated by the guy's riolu that suddenly evolved into a lucario. Wait, what.

Galloping towards the boy, Ossy spoke up, saying "Um, hey are you okay. Cause it looked an awfully lot like you were about to be eaten by that snorlax before your lucario defeated it." Before the boy could reply to the younger Ossy, A familiar phone ring tuned in. "Hello Mother!" "Ossy! How's my boy doing?" "Father? Did mom call and tell you that my whole team in the Argent Tournament won our battles! All the trainers were separated into teams." "It was about time that I called in, my boy. I asked one of my friends there to drop off a few presents at your hotel room!" Ossy smiled, genuinely ignoring the boy before him, shifting in his seat on Ross before taking the bait.

"What did you send me?" "Hahaha! A new model, porygon 2, came out; I sent you the disk needed to upgrade it!" "That's so cool! Fenster, you're gonna evolve!" Ossy's attention was turned towards his porygon. "I'm not done yet! I also mailed you the parts needed to evolve your magnemite into a magneton!" "That's so cool Father!"

Hanging up, Ossy turned to the boy that had just caught a snorlax, saying "Gotta go, see you!"

A brand new Porygon2 now stood/floated in front of Ossy, courtesy of Ossy's presents. "'Kay Donner, it's your turn!" A magnemite was released to float in front of Ossy, ready to evolve from the parts in the still unopened box that had been waiting in Ossy's hotel room. It looked like Hotel Atlantis was willing to deliver your mail for you. Before a spectacular evolution could occur though, Donner interrupted with a simple question; "Don't we need to head towards the tournament." "… Let's go get a cab!"

Nakuzami

Years
    Gabite fainted and was replaced by Cyndaquil, whom used Lava Plume. It hit a nearby Starly causing the whole flock to dive in to attack. "Oh, crap..." I quickly let all of my pokemon out and began firing away orders. "Larvitar, Rock Slide! Tales, Flamethrower! Batula, Thundershock! Hiyappu, Blizzard! Jabonii, Vine Whip!" All of my pokemon began to attack, taking out Starly one by one. Then a Staraptor dive bombed Jabonii causing him to faint. "Return, Jabonii." The battle went on, the chaos soon spread causing many other bird flocks to join the Starly. Spearow, Pidgey, Hoothoot, Murkrow, Taillow, Wingull and Mamepato were among them. "I think we need more pokemon..."

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    "Run, dude it's no use! Jolteon, cover us with Discharge!" All these flying Pokemon were extremely fragile and vulnerable to Discharge. Jolteon fired her jolts at their opponents the moment Ray started running back at the camp. Cyndaquil jumped up his shoulder with a terrified look.

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
    Argent Tournament
    Roland's view #9 – Idle chat

Roland had given up relaxing. It didn't suit him. He never spent more than five minutes doing nothing, and even that was pushing it. Roland clambered back up onto his feet, and fixed his glasses slightly. He was at a slight loss at what to do, but then he spotted another member of his group.

'The "Mudkipz" guy, just my luck…' Roland thought, as he moved forward.

As much as he'd prefer to simply spend some time by himself, it couldn't hurt to get to know one of his other allies. It seemed Ozzy had beaten him to it, galloping over to the boy on his new Shimama, although the greetings between the two seemed short-lived.

"Gotta go, see you!" Roland heard Ozzy yell, before he turned and headed back towards Vencrown at a tremendous speed.

Roland continued up to him, and began to talk rather uncomfortably.

"Uh, hello" Roland muttered, looking up slightly to face him.

However, Quay seemed perfectly overjoyed to see a familiar (Even if it was brief) face. He babbled and squawked to the other trainer, seemingly oblivious to the fact that the trainer would be unable to understand him.

Nakuzami

Years
    Ray began to run, I recalled all of my pokemon except Hiyappu and Batula. The two jumped onto my head and began launching Blizzard and Thundershock. I started running back towards Vencrown. I felt something land on my shoulder. "Nat" I stopped and looked at my shoulders. There was a Natu on each, one on Hiyappu's head and one pecking and clawing at Batula. "Oh great, Quay has friends." Hiyappu jumped and used Ice beam, knocking the Natu off his head and one off my shoulder. Batula began launching attacks, trying to escape the Natu's clutches. The Natu wouldn't let go but Batula began glowing white. He began changing forms becoming to much for the Natu to carry. He dropped, heading straight for me. "No no no no no no no!" I tried to run but Denchura landed right on top of me. "Ow..." "Dench..." I got up and ran towards the entrance to Vencrown, the Natu still on my shoulder and Denchura following closely behind, with Hiyappu on his back. Quay can have a little buddy... Ipicked the Natu up off my shoulder and carried him in my arms.

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    "Man….my team sucks," Matthew mumbled staring at his team doing whatever suited them at the time.

Ri, his newly evolved Lucario, was too busy admiring his new form. He was sparing invisible enemies, using his "aura" powers to do God knows what. Ray, the Pikachu, was taunting Kipz for being…..a mudkip. Guess he doesn't like them, he thought. Snorlax, whom he had not thought of a clever nickname for yet, was eating apples and was likely to begin eating the tree if it taunted him enough. It appeared he had gather a team of morons. The team matches the leader, eh? Figures. I get the stuck with the rejected members of their own species. Maybe I should quit while I am ahead...

"Come on, guys! We had only trained for a little bit, we gotta get stron---" Matthew turned around (as he is very physical in his conversations) to see one of his team members approaching him. He didn't recognize the person at first, but then again he barely got to know his team. The only impressions he had was the silent leader, the angry person who hated the nerd, the nerd, and the older member who seemed to hate everyone. Oh, and the young kid. But who cares about kids? More than likely he'll try to be useful and discover he has too let out of his humanity and become heartless like the rest of the group. In fact, the more he thought about it Matthew came to the conclusion he was the only truly likable person. Everyone else seemed way too serious for their own good. That depressed Matthew a great deal knowing that he was only one who enjoyed comedy relief while everyone enjoyed practically murdering the competition.

"Um, hello" the boy with large glasses muttering as he looked up to Matthew.

"Um, hello," he mimicked, in order to joke with him. "What brings you to my lovely tree where I have vain Lucario, a bully for a Pikachu, an indifferent Mudkip and a hungry Snorlax that would love to my entire being and the kitchen sink? Couldn't find our fearless leader and give him strange battle plans that involve me screaming like a little girl or somethin'?" Matthew asked, surprised someone wanted to talk to him.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
    I ran through the entrance to Vencrown and dropped. I sat beneath a tree to rest for a minute. I recalled my pokemon and spotted Roland. I ran up to him and dropped the Natu onto his head. "Here, take it." I didn't wait for any acknowledgement and headed to the hotel to get some rest before our next round.​

-----​

When I got to the hotel I went up to the front desk. "Hello, do you have a reservation?" asked the desk clerk.
    "Yeah, Kris Collins."
    "Collins, Collins...yes, here it is." The clerk handed me a room key. "Room number 562."
    "Thanks." I took the room key and went to the elevator, pressing the button and waiting for the elevator to open on my floor. When it opened I ran to find my room. When I found it I went in and immediately jumped onto the bed. "Yes, rest. Let us rejoice." I let out my pokemon and layed there.​

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
    Argent Tournament
    Roland's view #10 – Hunter

"Um, hello" the other replied, mimicking Roland exactly.

Roland smiled weakly, as if trying to convince the boy of something.

"What brings you to my lovely tree where I have a vain Lucario, a bully of a Pikachu, an indifferent Mudkip and a Snorlax that would love to eat my entire being and the kitchen sink? Couldn't find our 'fearless' leader and give him some strange battle plans that involve me screaming like a little girl or something'"

Roland wasn't entirely sure what to say at this point. In fact, he was never quite sure what to say. Although his thoughts left a moment of empty silence, until one of the other team-members darted over to Roland.

"Here, take it!" yelled the loner.

He literally threw a Pokémon at Roland before sprinting away from them. Roland simply stared at him blankly, still utterly bemused. He looked down to the Pokémon in his arms, a Natu by the looks of it, much like Quay. It was a slightly more orange tone than Quay was, which intrigued Roland slightly.

"Nat?" Quay questioned, tapping the unconscious Natu with his beak.

The Natu stirred, but did not wake, causing Quay to give up. Roland turned back to the boy.

"Hi, I'm Roland" he muttered, a little more confidently.

At this, another form appeared from out of the long grass, but quickly ducked back behind cover. Roland peered over at him, trying to search for any more signs of movement.

"What is he doing…" Roland whispered to himself, completely oblivious to anything the other had said.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Jolteon was hit by so many gusts coming from the flying hordes of Pokemon behind Ray, that she eventually fainted.
    My team is in a bad condition! I only have Cyndaquil..
    The flying Pokemon were only following him, as Jolteon had caused much damage with Discharge, so his teammate got away. Ray turned, grabbed Cyndaquil from his shoulder and threw him in front of the swarm.
    "Lava Plume!"
    Cyndaquil saw the swarm and let out a small cry. Pidgey, Starly, Taillow and other bigger Pokemon were flying behind chasing them. But he didn't want to let down his trainer. After all he was his only choise.
    He focused on his back, and released a great Lava Plume that hit the Pokemon like a huge wave of fire. Ray didn't wait to see what happened to the Pokemon, he just withdrew Cyndaquil and started running to Vencrown this time.
    The tournament starts in one hour..

He prepared himself, and patted Gabite's head. He didn't try to bite him. Instead, he looked at his trainer, wondering if he could trust him.
    "You're gonna be the first to battle for me in the tournament, buddy!"
    He got out of the hotel and went to the stadium.
    "Trainer ID please" said the attendant who was obviously busy.
    "Here, let me pass!"
    "Be patient!"
    "I am patient, you're just slow!"
    Ray dashed through the hall just like he did last night. He ignored the attendant's reply and walked in the corridor the team's room were. The room was empty. Phew, no one's here. Now I can prepare what I'm going to say when they arrive. I gotta give some advice about double battles.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    The boy barely reacted to Matthew's remarks, a fact that annoyed Matthew ever so slightly. At the very least, Matthew comforted himself in the fact that he barely made a genius actually fail to comprehend himself. Even a clown like himself had sparks of intelligence. Suddenly, one of other group members tossed the "nerd" a Natu, probably assuming it was the nerd's Pokemon. "Well that was random," Matthew commented, not sure how to respond the situation with anything more clever. The Natu appeared to be different in appearance to the nerd's actual Natu. Matthew wasn't sure what to make of it and frankly didn't particularly care to think about it too much out of fear a massive headache would erupt and melt the very foundations of his brain.

Following a brief silence, the nerd finally spoke: "Hi, I'm Roland." He was more confident this time around but still muttered his words making it hard to make out what he said clearly. Matthew understood enough, however.

"Name's Matthew. So did you need something? I didn't expect anyone to actually talk to me outside of the actual tournament stuff. After all, everyone is taking everything pretty seriously. Especially our "leader" guy. I don't like him very much to be honest," Matthew ranted. He glanced over to Roland only to see him spacing out, mouthing something incoherent.

"HEY!" Matthew yelled, waving his hands in Roland's eyes. "Are you listening to me? What the hell are you staring at?" Matthew turned around in attempt to catch what Roland was looking at. "Dude, it's grass. Nothing special about it. You know its stuff on the ground. Pokemon eat it. We eat it in desperate times. Its often greener on the other side. Stuff like that. Don't be so memorized by it. Not like something is there or anything," Matthew laughed.

Nakuzami

Years
    After I had caught my breath I sat up. "Guess I should head to the stadium now..." I got up, recalled my pokemon and walked out the door.

When I got outside I began to sprint towards the stadium. I wonder if Ray got away from those pokemon...and what Roland's going to do with that Natu I threw at him... I laughed, it was pretty random at the time, I guess. When I burst through the stadium an attendant requested my ID. "Here." I pulled it out of my pocket showing it to the attendant.
    "You may go through."
    "Thanks..." I ran down the hall towards my team's room. I wonder if anyone's here yet... I opened the door and my question was answered. "So, being chased by a flock of psycho-killer birds didn't stop you from being first one here?" I sat down, waiting the others arrival.

Back