• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Battle Frontier

Years
  • FR/LG's daycare only allowed you to leave one Pokemon. There was a second on on the Sevii Islands (I think) that allowed you to leave two and breed.

They probably put the second daycare there just to save a trip between the IV checker and the daycare. Might've made a bit more sense to put the IV checker in the old daycare, assuming it's even still around and can still be used for breeding, but on the other hand....this way you can get more eggs, I guess?

I see... it's just that I never played FR/LG, or any games whose main story took place in Kanto for that matter.

Years
  • I think you're talking about Black & White, the Day Care in those games only allowed one Pokemon at first but they start allowing two after you rescue the Day Care Man from Team Plasma in Nimbasa City. And in Black 2 & White 2's case the Day Care only available in the postgame.

I still don't get what the second Day Care is there for though.

Ah I see, thank you for letting me know! Wouldn't like to get that wrong haha :) It's clearly been a while since I've played Gen V lol but now that you mention it it's all coming back to me :)

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I know there has been a lot of speculation, and my thinking is that there has to be a Battle Frontier, or Battle Resort, whatever you want to call it, but basically a post-game that provides fun alternative ways of battling. X and Y introduced Inverse battling after all, and to me it's just so obvious and easy to make a facility out of it that it would almost be bizarre if they didn't.

So given that by all accounts the games as shipped don't have them in yet, so I'm thinking that there might be creedance to the idea that they'll be DLC, but more likely than that, I just think the Frontier isn't finished yet and that they'll patch it in when it's done. It could also be possible that it's part of a promotion event too not unlike the Eon Ticket. Maybe that's just incredibly wishful thinking from me as I know a lot of other people are assuming that it'll not be game like the original Ruby and Sapphire, but then it'll be included in a follow-up Delta Emerald. My thinking though is that in all remake games there has been a good deal of extra content and I can't imagine that the games will play out very similar to the original R/S but then just tack on some more legendaries, some looker missions and be done with it.

BriCKson

Rarely comes out of Trade Corner... O.o
    Years
  • I know there has been a lot of speculation, and my thinking is that there has to be a Battle Frontier, or Battle Resort, whatever you want to call it, but basically a post-game that provides fun alternative ways of battling. X and Y introduced Inverse battling after all, and to me it's just so obvious and easy to make a facility out of it that it would almost be bizarre if they didn't.

So given that by all accounts the games as shipped don't have them in yet, so I'm thinking that there might be creedance to the idea that they'll be DLC, but more likely than that, I just think the Frontier isn't finished yet and that they'll patch it in when it's done. It could also be possible that it's part of a promotion event too not unlike the Eon Ticket. Maybe that's just incredibly wishful thinking from me as I know a lot of other people are assuming that it'll not be game like the original Ruby and Sapphire, but then it'll be included in a follow-up Delta Emerald. My thinking though is that in all remake games there has been a good deal of extra content and I can't imagine that the games will play out very similar to the original R/S but then just tack on some more legendaries, some looker missions and be done with it.

I could see an event, I suppose, way more than a DLC. Game Freak seems to really want to stay away from DLC's.

Years
  • Or maybe they'll release an Emerald remake, but more like a sequel to ORAS, in which the Battle Frontier will be there.
    The end of Delta Episode (not trying to spoil) suggests that there must be something else after. But it could also be an event as you said.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I wouldn't rule it out as of yet, remember reviewers have an embargo as to the amount of content they're allowed to reveal.

" I can't be specific about the incredibly exciting things that happen once you beat the game. " - Kotaku.

Even if they're not initially in game, there are plenty of other ways that the BF could be implemented in the game at a later date with Day One release patches or DLC.

Considering they didn't even bother patching X and Y with the new Mega Evolutions, what makes you think they'd add content to ORAS in a patch? It's DLC or bust. And, considering GF has stated in the past they don't like DLC...

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
    Years
  • It is HIGHLY unlikely there will be a 'Delta Emerald' remake though, as back in 2010 with HeartGold abd Soulsilver, the games will most likely include the extra features from Pokémon Emerald, just as HG/SS include the features introduced in Crystal (and more)

There is just no point in creating a 3rd version remake, as the original 3rd version features SHOULD be added IN the remakes

Although 'Delta Emerald' may be trademarked, they also did this with 'WaterBlue' which never happened

and who's to say they didn't trademark it with the sole intention of including the 'Delta' episode?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Besides the battle tower model, there is way more stuff in the resort that is left open, or referenced. XY was nothing compared to the carrot dangling here.
    -Pike Queen Lucy was scouted.
    Scott was mentioned, apparently he is unbeatable.
    Volcanion activates buzznav tidbits of Brandon hunting it around the world.
    Looker is missing his memory, and is left for the end game that is a bit empty. The chatelaines mention how they need to get back to Kalos, but not before they make bank from the frontier.
    DLC is gonna happen, its just a matter of when.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Many keep forgetting that the BF did not exist in the original Ruby and Sapphire games. ORAS are remakes of those games, not of emerald. They keep within the timeline of RS where Steven was champ, and Scott wasn't there yet. And in ORAS they give hints how RS and E were actually two different timelines (maybe parallel universes with Zinnia's little nugget). Makes perfect sense not to put in the BF. I wouldn't get my hopes up for any possible DLC either.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    It seems they pretty much not included that much emerald content compared to HGSS who got some crystal content.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Many keep forgetting that the BF did not exist in the original Ruby and Sapphire games. ORAS are remakes of those games, not of emerald. They keep within the timeline of RS where Steven was champ, and Scott wasn't there yet. And in ORAS they give hints how RS and E were actually two different timelines (maybe parallel universes with Zinnia's little nugget). Makes perfect sense not to put in the BF. I wouldn't get my hopes up for any possible DLC either.

So? It's like saying Amie shouldn't be in the games because RS didn't have it. HGSS got a Battle Frontier, FRLG got the Trainer Tower, so why should ORAS be lame and only get the Battle Maison?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • So? It's like saying Amie shouldn't be in the games because RS didn't have it. HGSS got a Battle Frontier, FRLG got the Trainer Tower, so why should ORAS be lame and only get the Battle Maison?

Pokemon Amie has nothing to do with the story arch. While the Frontier does. And with that little Steven - Wallace conversation in the Delta episode, GF has split the continuity between RS and E. Even though it wouldn't account for teams Aqua and Magma going for the legendaries again, it still presents a distinct difference between the games. The Frontier was in the arch where Scott was scouting for talented trainers. This takes place in the Emerald storyline, not the other two. You could consider it like being the difference between the manga and anime. While the two share characters and plotlines, they still don't fit into the same "universe". There are differences splitting the two. Same thing goes here.

While I would have preferred the Frontier to be there, since they obvoiusly changed up the storyline to accomodate for Mega Evolutions, I can understand GF's actions not to. That's all I'm saying.

Years
  • It seems they pretty much not included that much emerald content compared to HGSS who got some crystal content.

Yeah, they really wanted to make it a glorified Ruby/Sapphire and include as little Emerald references as possible. Just kinda annoying compared to a lot of the notable Crystal elements present in HG/SS. Even all the Maison trainers got completely recycled from X & Y, which is very lazy but I assume this is to ensure compatibility with X & Y when linking up with another player for the Multi Battles.

Back