• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Battle Tower is really quite disgusting.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2020
    I like the Battle Tower, but it can be annoying. Its still an enjoyable challenge and can sometimes highlight weaknesses in your Pokemon which you might have overlooked in Standard Wi-fi battling. It could help you avoid getting pwned by an UU pokemon.

As for Battle Factory, I find it real fun, but it can be annoying when you complete one run, then go into the second run, and get rubbish pokemon to select from at the start.

ReiXMinako

緑な美奈子
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    As for Battle Factory, I find it real fun, but it can be annoying when you complete one run, then go into the second run, and get rubbish pokemon to select from at the start.

YES! There was one time where I got to the sixth round and every single choice I was given had a weakness to ground. Of course, when I started the first battle the first pokemon was Rhyperior.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    Guys, I know we all love to complain about the facilities and the luck factor, heck, back in DP, I lost at 165 to a Double Team Raikou.

... but at the heart of it all, it's a good portion of the time, your fault. (heck, I misplayed Raikou early on, hence the loss)

If you don't know by now that they've got luck on their side and you aren't prepared for such, or even prepared to lose to horrific luck eventually, you're in for a lot of frustration. We've all been there, anyone who's had to deal with the battle facilities has had that gut-ripping loss, no matter where in the facilities. The battle facilities were built with that cheap luck in mind, but you can take advantage of it and other battle facility weaknesses easily. It's a part of the strategic madness. :D

And for what environment? If they're the "best" at each in terms of competitive play, once again, you're at fault. You walked into a facility that mostly depends on entirely different strategies, movesets, thinking, preparation, and more. Slapping three competitive monsters will help you take care of Palmer one, but there's a good chance you don't make it to palmer two because you're wild open to luck, and when you reach the real battle tower battles (50 and on), you'll probably be that piece of paper in a shredder.

There are so many resources on the internet to help any tower or frontier battler take advantage of the facilities, use the right movesets, creating teams that can handle the luck, etc. I didn't get over 150 in both the Tower or 170 in the Arcade because I took it on blindly or used sets meant for other places.

Just no. I've played as many battles as the weeks you've been alive, there are no pokémon that have both of their abilities in the tower or frontier, get real Lance. :P Also, there are no pokémon with both damp and rock head for possible abilities, so c'mon. XD;

Substitute says hi, use it.

If this was all luck and no skill, the same people wouldn't be getting large streaks over and over again.

It's a shame you lost to the Froslass, Bird Keeper, but take this as a chance to rethink how you handle the tower, and do your homework, I'll bet you'll get a lot farther.
    Hey, could you post the Battle Tower team used? I'm sure it'll help a lot of us :)

ReiXMinako

緑な美奈子
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    I'm not going for the Gold prints, just the silver ones. I beat Dahlia, Darach & Caitlyn, and Argenta. I haven't beaten Palmer or what's his face yet.

Trust me, you are gonna hate what's his face...he's the most evil of them all ;)

Years
  • Today I had beaten 20 people in a row and got the 21st person down to their final pokemon, which was a Blissey. For 20 minutes I fought the stupid thing, and it finally killed me as I was running out of avaliable moves with my final pokemon (Nidoking). I hit it, it heals itself with a berry and then with soft boiled. u.u

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    lol, i got para-haxed to death today. i faced a medicham and Force Palm got me paralyzed 3 times in a row o_o

quite annoying.

Camara

Forgettable Trainer
    Years
  • What about 3x Quick Claw 100% accurate OHKO moves? No Sturdy/Focus Sash/immunities, 100% death guaranteed. I lost once with this.

Palmer is the lesser of your problems in the Battle Tower. Palmer (1st time) is the only guaranteed 20 BP I get. Thank god he exists to make me stockpile BP.

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
  • Me: *sees a Magikarp use Roar of Time*
    WTF THAT'S NOT RIGHT?
    *sends a message to gamefreak*
    Receives message back, saying: "oh yes, it's right, it's the battle tower"
    Me: "oh right.. I forgot. Duh."

The battle tower is made to annoy you. Live with it or forget about the Battle Tower. I can't be bothered to even try getting the gold print.. sheesh, that place is worse than the friggin Battle Pyramid in Emerald.. and that's saying a lot too ~_~

That's exactly what i thought of Crystals battle tower back in the day. When i was a little kid that didnt know squat about competetive battling. Except without roar of time XD. NPC's with pokemon with "Hacked" moves. Until i learned that they can use those moves lol.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
  • How funny that I would be reading this thread right as everything that happens to you happens to me.
    I spent the last week building up a team of Salamence, Tyranitar and Garchomp (in that order) with intent to score a 50-win streak.
    I used Dragon Dance on Salamence, Armaldo used Swagger. And nowadays, when you hurt yourself in confusion, it'll always take away 51% of my health.
    Of course Armaldo uses Crush Claw, which leaves me with enough HP to get my hopes up. But no, I hit myself, thus destroying the lead offense of my team. Tyranitar whoops Armaldo, then enemy sends out an Ursaring which uses a destructive hammer arm, effectively OHKO'ing my counterattack to any Salamence killers.
    And of course, it knows that always-freeze-Ice-Punch, rendering my Focus Sash on Garchomp useless.

Hooray.

R3D

"TAKEN DOWN ON THE WORD GO!"
    Years
  • Maybe all you guys
    Spoiler:

haha I'm EV training and about to get a BT streak going,
    did alright on competitive wi-fi but never played BT for some reason.
    I'll let all of you guys know HOW I DO. :D

Back