• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The best browser?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Mozilla Firefox wins in usability and the amount of plugins available or it, and its also the leader in CSS support and just overall speediness.

Safari is generally the fastest browser to run on Macintosh in my experience, but Safari for windows is also another good choice if you have something against Firefox ( can't imagine why, but I do know people like that o.o ). There's also a Mozilla based browser called Camino for the Mac, which is a more native Mac program than Firefox for Mac.

Internet Explorer...just sucks...at CSS support, speed in general, and usability.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • My browsers in order of use
    Safari 4.0
    Mozilla FireFox (MineField) 3.1b2pre (with Multi-touch support)

that's it for Mac, If Im on windows I prefer Firefox over anything else.

thorn96

Fool! I am the weasel!
    Years
  • Anyone who has anything against Firefox, apart from certain image exporting troubles...

ARE MY MORTAL ENEMY!!! <(.\ _ /.)>

Internet Explorer is just Microsoft being lame... again.

As I saw in some dude's sig...

"All life's problems can be traced back to Windows Vista."

rofl

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Normally, I would have said Internet Explorer since I had it for years now, but after reading one of Rukario's posts, I was thinking "I need to get Firefox now." and haven't regret it since.
    The only problems I have with Firefox is logging in, but its minor compared to what IE had, not to mention that it runs faster.
    Firefox by a long shot.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
  • I would have to say Firefox. It can be problematic sometimes, but nothing is perfect. Internet Explorer is just a mess, but a lot of people use it because they don't know better. Safari is OK, but I just find it a tad slow and there's nothing about it that makes me want to use it over Firefox. On my less-than-perfect laptop, I use Google Chrome almost all the time. It is in beta, so it's not perfect either (it doesn't even work on my desktop for some reason. Almost every page gives me an error. Each tab being its own process is nice, but I can't differentiate between tabs when looking at the Task Manager since they're all chrome.exe) But at least it is fast (in page loading and starting up. My major annoyance with IE is that it takes forever to get started and just run in general. Why do you need to "connect" to a blank tab?)

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Mozilla Firefox wins, even though I don't have Flash Player on it. I'm fixing that though. Firefox is pretty fast compared to Internet Explorer. It supports CSS, yeah...

Years
  • Mozilla Firefox's add-ons make it an amazing browser by giving it so many features, it just needs the right settings and is a bit slow whilst Opera, which you sadly did not put on your little list, is real fast has built in BitTorrent and IRC =D but doesn't have the add-ons firefox has!

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
  • I just downloaded Opera, and I'm using it right now. I'm liking it so far. I just need to import my bookmarks from Firefox.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • When I first switched over from Internet Explorer to Mozilla Firefox, I felt as if the heavens opened up and the angels sung in harmony. The day I go back to IE is never.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    I never really customised my Firefox so it was an easy transition from Firefox to Google Chrome. Even after 3-4 years of using Firefox.

I love Google Chrome. Even though its still in beta it has caused me very few problems, its also been faster than any other browser I've used before.

Phixum

Little presence of insanity
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    I don't know about Safari, although I heard it's good. Internet Explorer sucks big time. Every time I use it it has to crash or something. Firefox is the best web browser I've ever used on Microsoft Windows.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • If we talk about the program, Opera wins by 20 miles. Thesuite already comes with everything you need, and some things you don't :D but still, its speediness, standards support and visual consistency make it a plus.

Firefox is a good browser, only when it has the right extensions installed. A bare, no extensions install of Firefox is pretty much like saying IE done right. If it weren't because all those extensions make Firefox more slow, laggish and insecure, it would win the browser wars.

In my personal opinion:

Firefox + some DECENT extensions > Opera > Firefox > Safari et al > Links IE 5.5 > browsers coded by monkeys > other IEs

I'm truly AMAZED noone's mentioned Netscape Navigator, Links or even Mosaic. I mean, come on, some sites are just fun to see in text mode, and it's really amazing to see what real content do the sites have without all their Flash and Java crap (have you tried BBC's?)

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I have used Firefox for a long time and it still hasn't let me down. Although, I'm thinking to switch to Google Chrome if anyone tells me if it's worth it or not. I hated IE when I compared it to Firefox.

Back