• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The best browser?

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
  • I'd say Firefox 2 or Google Chrome...I don't really like Firefox 3 much...
    I used to use Flock, but it got to be overkill...I thought I'd never say this but...TOO MANY FEATURES...lol

Mr. Curling Iron

u kujw bux :d
    Years
  • FFx3 ftw <3

If only there was a way to click the inbox in MSN and make it open your inbox in firefox i'd be in love :D

Years
  • Opera. It starts up in almost half the time Firefox or IE does for me, it's simple, yet not overly-simple, Opera Notes is quite possibly the most useful thing ever, It scrolls more smoothly than other browsers I've tried, I use mouse gestures so much I don't know what I would do without them, the built-in ad blocker makes it easy to block or unblock things, the torrent downloader is relatively easy to use, search engines are ridiculously simple to add, plus SO much more. It should be on that list for sure.

Sure, Firefox can probably do most of that with addon things, but Opera comes with all of it to start with. XD

Years
  • I know there are much better browsers but I usually use IE it's what I'm used to and kind of familiar with, it would be hard ot change my ways (I'm weird like that). But I have started using Firefox and it does seem to pick up when IE fails.

Years
  • Opera Mini
    I use FF3 most of the time, however I'll use Chrome if I'm bored and want faster Javascript.
    I appreciate the Add-ons, so I'm keen to try Opera, although I doubt I'll leave FF.

IE7/8 are just yuck. I can't see why people use them. Yay for triple the Ram usage?

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Chrome is the new browser from Google.
    I don't like it though as you can't click the mousewheel button and drag to scroll. :/

Firefox 3 is the best by far, faster, addons, and also it's just much more compatible with everything.
    For example, if you look at my sig in IE it looks like crap, the CSS doesn't work properly in it.

Also, I've heard that Safari has major security flaws, not being able to protect you from phishing attempts unlike FF and IE.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • INTERNET EXPLORER!

You think I was serious...? Hardly. Firefox FTW! It has so many add-ons that you can customize it perfectly for your user interface and whatnot. Google Chrome would have to be second. Although it may be new, It's a fairly smooth-running browser. It's nothing compared to the almighty Firefox, but meh, It'll cut it. Safari comes next. I'm not sure why, but I'm not too crazy about Safari. It just dosen't give me that warm feeling Firefox does. Internet Explorer is horrible. Microsoft must have run out of crack when they made this x_x

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I downloaded Fire Fox an hour ago, and I have to say that it is much better than Internet Explorer was.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Oh, definitely Firefox. It's faster, smoother, and has some great add-ons (Adblock much?). I used Safari for a short time, but I'm just more comfortable with Firefox overall.

.Vaporeon

eshkient
    Years
  • Hmm...
    Opera, I think that it is a great browser and such.
    I like the overall design of it and I also like the features of it. I've used it for a while now and I think it's great.
    I also love the Widget's that Opera has.

-Neku Sakuraba

Last edited:

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • I'm truly AMAZED noone's mentioned Netscape Navigator, Links or even Mosaic.

I use Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer 7. Firefox...tried it once, don't see what's so great.

Last edited:
    Back