• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The best browser?

Years
  • lol@someone uses netscape and safari
    lol@people using browsers apart from firefox

As for you Google hippies with your chrome browsers, seriously, that thing is so riddled with glitches it's not funny anymore. Wait until the full thing comes out of beta. Then consider it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2009
    I really like the Firefox browser, it seems to be the fastest out of them all.

Quanghuy

Loving digital art <3
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2010
    I really don't think there is a "best", it's actually all just preference, I have a lot of friends who use IE only and when they tried Firefox, it didn't quite appeal to them. I use a combination of a lot of browsers, Firefox, CometBird, and Opera. My personal preference is Firefox, but I use Opera when I'm browsing while downloading a lot of items, it seems to lag less. I'm only using CometBird because if I need an alternate browser, CometBird uses Firefox's source code, so it's comfortable for me.

Years
  • Opera. Does everything I want from a browser, and I don't see what's so brilliant about Firefox. I thought that Chrome was just a badly-done Opera clone, and that Safari was no better than what I already use.

Years
  • Firefox is the best because IE you can get viruses that attack it and show heaps of ads.

Only problem i find is that sometimes i cant show the spoilers. it doesnt click.

storm393

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2009
    i would say internet explorer, mozilla's ok (not a big fan of safari :P)

The Dark Knight

Gotham's Watchful Protector
    Years
  • I used to use IE7 (5 minutes ago) but after reading half the posts on here, I've dedided to switch. What a good choice =D Well IE wasn't bad, it's just... not as good. I never had a problem with it.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Google Chrome though it can be a little slow sometimes.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • I use Flock 90% of the time, Chrome 7%, and Firefox 3%. I never touch IE, mainly because I get pissed every time I do, because none of my designs ever render right in it. I love Flock, it's extremely social, and that's just how I roll.

evilmagikarp94

Don't mess with Magikarp!
    Years
  • Definitely Mozilla Firefox. It's so much better than IE, and Safari is only really good on Mac, it doesn't really look good on Windows XP.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I don't use any of the three regularly; I use Google Chrome for some reason...

Out of those three, though, I think Firefox is the best browser. Some sites don't let you enter unless you are using Firefox. And it's very easy to use. It looks like Internet Explorer, but it has more support for different sites. I tried using Blogger on IE 8, then on Firefox, and the display of Blogger on IE 8 was horrible. The text boxes were merging, and the pictures were everywhere.

蜃気楼

Jirachi Fan
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Firefox. Google Chrome rendered textareas incorrectly(ghost texts, ins/overwrite errors) and rendered SVG stroke with white stray pixels.

FinalFlare

.::Pokecommunity's Finest::.
    Years
  • I've tried all and the best in terms of power and security is Opera HOWEVER because Opera is hardly used the best in terms of all-around has to be FireFox (it's diverse and enormous collection of plugins help FireFox a lot).

My brother started using Chrome and he likes it and i can tell he is thinking he might have a place for that in the list of the best...i havent used it so i cant say much, just that, when Google does anything outside Search (and to alesser extent: Mail) they usually suck.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Until today Firefox is the best in most aspects.

For some odd reason though, I use Opera instead of Firefox. It's like I've got an attatchment to it...

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    I definitely prefer Opera.

I know Firefox has good plugins and all that, but Opera's just a lot nicer in many aspects. After using Opera for a while, then going back to Firefox, it seemed extremely cluttered, and all the toolbars looked oversized. But I'm just used to the look of Opera now and it's Speed Dial system is quite handy. xD;

Back