• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Overall Team (Unofficial)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
Years
  • Hidden Power Fighting to come in handy then, probably not the best counter for Ttar but it would be unprepared for it when it switches into it

Heatran@Choice Scarf
    Timid/Modest Nature
    EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Sp Atk, 6 HP
    -Flamethrower/Lava Plume/Fire Blast
    -Dragon Pulse/Dark Pulse
    -Earth Power
    -Hidden Power Fighting

seems to get pretty good coverage...

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hidden Power Fighting to come in handy then, probably not the best counter for Ttar but it would be unprepared for it when it switches into it

Heatran@Choice Scarf
    Timid/Modest Nature
    EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Sp Atk, 6 HP
    -Flamethrower/Lava Plume/Fire Blast
    -Dragon Pulse/Dark Pulse
    -Earth Power
    -Hidden Power Fighting

seems to get pretty good coverage...

I run this

Heatran@Choice Scarf
    Modest Nature
    252 SP.ATT / 20 HP / 236 SPEED.
    - Earth power
    - Explosion
    - Hidden power Ice
    - Fire Blast

Evs let you outrun base 120 pokemon.

Hidden power Ice >> Dragon Pulse on scarf set as you wont ohko dragons otherwise.

You can run Hidden power Fighting, but its sole purpose is for t-tar bastiodon and probopass, empoleon etc. which earth power already hits.

STAB'D Fire Blast hits pokemon harder than dark pulse even if it super effective.

Explosion takes out problem sp.walls such as blissey and snorlax, you have an 81% chance of a ohko if blissey switches into a stealth rock.

The choice specs set is a beast aswell, 2hkos blissey with Fire Blast after a flash fire boost.

Earth Power from the specs set 2hkos T-tar even under sandstream conditions.

Dragon pulse is good on the specs set, it now ohkos dragons unlike the scarf set.

252 SP.ATT / 200 SPEED / 58 HP/. Timid /modest Nature for specs.

Ive even run the specs set with a life orb, that damages stuff ridiculously aswell.

A bulky ground type or something such as swampert could fit in nicely here to take out T-Tar.

Last edited:

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • Someone said in some very weird terms *coughsimscough* that we shouldn't go against the threads creator, and only use 1 legendary. Seeing as how the creator said none, I fail to see how we are keeping to his wishes, but yes...

~T_S

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Someone said in some very weird terms *coughsimscough* that we shouldn't go against the threads creator, and only use 1 legendary. Seeing as how the creator said none, I fail to see how we are keeping to his wishes, but yes...

~T_S

Most people only allow one legend a team anyways (which is an lol rule to me, but that's what people play by.)

I'm against it, we should respect the thread creator's wishes (even though all my teams have legends O_o)

If I can't talk you guys out of it, it's time to consider Cressi and Articuno >.>

EDIT: One legend is only going AGAINST his wishes IMO...we'd need his permission, and I doubt he'd grant it to be honest.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • The thing is, he hasn't been here in months.

Fact is, the game has evolve. We do not need to try our best to upheld an outdated rule if that rule will hinder what's supposed to be the best overall team. I'm sure he would agree with me on that.

Besides, as I said, this thread was made when all legends were considered uber. That is not the case now. So we can be flexible with only one legend.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
  • Most people only allow one legend a team anyways (which is an lol rule to me, but that's what people play by.)

I'm against it, we should respect the thread creator's wishes (even though all my teams have legends O_o)

If I can't talk you guys out of it, it's time to consider Cressi and Articuno >.>

EDIT: One legend is only going AGAINST his wishes IMO...we'd need his permission, and I doubt he'd grant it to be honest.

He hasn't been seen in over a month, so I don't even see a reason to care what Vainz thinks. We should be allowed to use anything we want that isn't uber. It's a waste not to. The same goes for anything you can find in a Pokémon game, really. If we are going to build the best possible team we can, we shouldn't be restricted by anything at all. Doing so prevents us from achieving our goal.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Really, if we allow legends, let's not limit ourselves anymore either. I have 3 legends on my team and nobody minds. They're just pokemon with more attention from the Anime and a better base stat total, not much else.

And since I recently joined this project, I'll trust you guys about Vainz and start the hype for Articuno!

And with Starmie, PHazing, Heal Belling, and Spinning are all covered >.>

Then let's abandon this one and make a new thread. A "no legendary Pokémon" rule is extremely stupid in my opinion.

That would be unnecessary really. If you can't build a team without legends, then you probably aren't the bets battler. That's why I don't mind his rule too much.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
  • That would be unnecessary really. If you can't build a team without legends, then you probably aren't the bets battler. That's why I don't mind his rule too much.

That's not my point. I can build a team just fine without using even one legendary Pokémon. But I would have no right to call it the "best overall team in PokéCommunity's view".

My point is that if we're going to build the best overall team, we can't afford to limit ourselves at all. We have to consider everything that is not an uber Pokémon. Yes, items like the Quick Claw should be considered as well, even if it's just, "Uhh...nah". The best overall team must take everything into consideration.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
  • GUYS! I AM ASHAMED! Did you forget what a great guy Vainz was? Sure hes not around, but we should at least keep with what he said, as a way to remember him, and if you weren;t even here Chaos, I dont care, because this thread deserves well for one to have spammers and noobs who instead of helping whine about the rules, and two to at least be decent enough to obey the rules. Now I am VERY disappointed in the actual decent raters around here! The n00bs I dont care about, but I would like to see less reactions at them, if we dont respond to stupid posts, they go away. Now my rant is down, so the team is

Weezing
    Dusknoir
    Blissey
    Heracross
    Starmie
    (Some special sweeper who is not a legend because I am disgraced by you guys!!! What have we become to rely on legendaries? Where was the age when team didnt need to rely on them? Where was the time when we where proud of our friends like Vainz!!!!!!!)

I say Porygon-Z!

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
  • GUYS! I AM ASHAMED! Did you forget what a great guy Vainz was? Sure hes not around, but we should at least keep with what he said, as a way to remember him, and if you weren;t even here Chaos, I dont care, because this thread deserves well for one to have spammers and noobs who instead of helping whine about the rules, and two to at least be decent enough to obey the rules. Now I am VERY disappointed in the actual decent raters around here! The n00bs I dont care about, but I would like to see less reactions at them, if we dont respond to stupid posts, they go away. Now my rant is down, so the team is

Weezing
    Dusknoir
    Blissey
    Heracross
    Starmie
    (Some special sweeper who is not a legend because I am disgraced by you guys!!! What have we become to rely on legendaries? Where was the age when team didnt need to rely on them? Where was the time when we where proud of our friends like Vainz!!!!!!!)

I say Porygon-Z!

First, I never even met the guy, which forces me to ask if your word is trustworthy. That's not a question I'd like to answer, but I do know that limiting oneself is both stupid and unhealthy. There is no sense in doing so. Just because a Pokémon is legendary doesn't make it uber, you know. Look at Entei and Infernape. Infernape is a FAR better physical sweeper than Entei.

So you can take your disgrace and stuff it. I say Heatran for our special sweeper.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
  • Finally Tortured Soul, you were never really on my regular good raters list yet, but welcome to the club dude! You're in. Way to go for the team! And Im going to say Specs and Adaptability. A Tri Attack from that KOs many many pokes.

And Waker of Chaos, I dont care if I get a warning, you dont help the thread, go home and stuff it down your weasly little throat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back