• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bulbasaur Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    We're lacking many chatting threads here right now, so I think it's time we bring back an old favourite with a twist!

tentacool.jpg

Current Pokémon: #072 Tentacool!

• The idea of this thread is simple - we start off with a Pokémon with 10 HP and with each successive post you can either add or remove 1 HP from the Pokémon.
    • When a Pokémon hits either 0 or 20 HP, the Pokémon is put into the 'discarded' or 'saved' list based on which it hit.
    • Count up if you like the Pokémon, count down if you don't!
    • Once the first Pokémon is finished, we move onto the next Pokémon.
    • Continue in Pokédex order until all 718 Pokémon have been sorted.
    • Try to keep conversation flowing between posts - all posts must be relevant to Pokémon as this is Pokémon Trivia!
    Spoiler: Saved!
    • Bulbsaur!
    • Ivysaur!
    • Venusaur!
    • Charmander!
    • Charmeleon!
    • Charizard!
    • Squirtle!
    • Wartortle!
    • Blastoise!
    • Caterpie!
    • Butterfree!
    • Weedle!
    • Beedrill!
    • Pidgey!
    • Pidgeotto!
    • Pidgeot!
    • Rattata!
    • Raticate!
    • Spearow!
    • Fearow!
    • Ekans!
    • Arbok!
    • Pikachu!
    • Raichu!
    • Sandshrew!
    • Sandslash!
    • Nidoran-f!
    • Nidorina!
    • Nidoqueen!
    • Nidoran-m!
    • Nidorino!
    • Nidoking!
    • Clefable!
    • Vulpix!
    • Ninetails!
    • Wigglytuff!
    • Zubat!
    • Golbat!
    • Oddish!
    • Gloom!
    • Vileplume!
    • Paras!
    • Parasect!
    • Venonat!
    • Venomoth!
    • Meowth!
    • Persian!
    • Diglett!
    • Dugtrio!
    • Psyduck!
    • Golduck!
    • Mankey!
    • Primeape!
    • Growlithe!
    • Arcanine!
    • Poliwag!
    • Poliwhirl!
    • Poliwrath!
    • Abra!
    • Kadabra!
    • Alakazam!
    • Machop!
    • Machamp!
    • Victreebel!
    Spoiler: Discarded!
    • Metapod!
    • Kakuna!
    • Clefairy!
    • Jigglypuff!
    • Machoke
    • Bellsprout
    • Weepinbell
    Without further delay, let's start!

What's everyone's favourite Pokémon? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

Oo, how come you like Pikachu so much? I always found him kinda boring :( My favourite is Sandshrew ♥

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

Yes, just YES! Bulbasaur's my favorite Pokémon, so the title instantly caught my attention! xD (And it's about time that Pokémon Trivia got its own pseudo-DCC.)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

*notes that down for the truths thread...* We used to have a couple of 'DCC' threads like Watch Out For Ghosts and Pikachu Race etc, but they sadly all went the way of the Relicanth :( Which, incidentally, is my third favourite Pokémon! How come you like Bulbasaur so much? :o

Meadow

Years

Haha, Relicanth is one of my favorite Fish-types because of Coelacanth!
    ...wait, I meant Water-type! This isn't Yu-Gi-Oh lol.

But anyway, Bulbasaur is just really adorable! Ash's Bulbasaur always seemed like a huge introvert, which I can relate to since I'm highly introverted myself (I think). And if this means anything, I really like Grass-types because green is my favorite color (yeah, I'm that rare breed haha).

*notes that down for the truths thread...*

...DARN! *note to self: don't use that fact for the truths thread*

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

Mew and Shaymin are both adorable, good choices ♥ Looks like Bulbasaur will be our first Pokémon saved soon :o

Meadow

Years

stares intensely waiting for more info from revise

Lol, you can pretty much milk out info from anyone who plays "TT&aL," including Squirrel. =P

Bulbasaur is easily my favourite of the three, I've always found the Charmander line to be waaaay overrated.

This. Sooo much this. (No offense to Charmander, but that's still pretty much true haha.)

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    (Oh yeaaah)

Lol, you can pretty much milk out info from anyone who plays "TT&aL," including Squirrel. =P

But you have funnier reactions. :P

This. Sooo much this. (No offense to Charmander, but that's still pretty much true haha.)

Hey you watch your mouth Charmander is chu cute. I liked the Charmander line best! 8D Even if it's overrated, it looks so cool and is Fire type. What I think is horribly overrated is Mega Charizard X. Sure it's pallet is cool but it looks totally unnatural and bulky. :< Char Y looks way more natural and able to manuever quickly. Same thing with Mega Mewtwo, X looks more natural and like Mewtwo while Y looks like they tried to make it more like Mew.

Meadow

Years
  • Looks like it's Ivysaur's turn!

Hey you watch your mouth Charmander is chu cute. I liked the Charmander line best! 8D Even if it's overrated, it looks so cool and is Fire type. What I think is horribly overrated is Mega Charizard X. Sure it's pallet is cool but it looks totally unnatural and bulky. :< Char Y looks way more natural and able to manuever quickly. Same thing with Mega Mewtwo, X looks more natural and like Mewtwo while Y looks like they tried to make it more like Mew.

But I didn't even badmouth it, haha. xD Being overrated doesn't disqualify it from its cuteness or its coolness. "Overrated" just means that it gets too much credit. =P

Meadow

Years

Yeah, that's basically the only problem with the word "overrated." It's not an insult, but it can potentially lead to conflict if:
    A) The person using the word misuses it, or
    B) The person responding misunderstands the word

But anyways, I don't think I can see myself decreasing the number too often in this thread, if at all. After all, the conversation is the most important part in threads like these, not the number. =P

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

Yeah, a lot of stuff is like that, huh? .-.

Maybe we shouldn't wven have the downvote option. XD Just kidding about that, but the only time I can foresee this happening is unpopular Pokemon like Trubbish or something. (Which btw is stinking adorable)

Btw I think it was Squirrel(if not you'll know who you were) who said their favorite type was Poison in TT&aL earlier, you should join the Toxic to the Touch fanclub if you haven't already. ^^ Contrary to belief, we don't bite. that's the dark type club coughcough

Years
    • Seen yesterday

At least you're not one of those who likes Squirtle and Charmander but dislikes Bulbasaur...
    Trubbish is adorable BTW.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

Yay Bulbasaur made it into the safe box! ♥

I'll be down-voting Ivysaur though, I always saw him as a disappointing evolution to Bulby :(

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

I love the Kanto starters! Particularly the Bulbasaur line, because they're so strong and bulky. The others are good too, but Charizard is a bit overrated in my opinion, and the first generation has better Water types than Blastoise. So Venusaur wins for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back