• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bulbasaur Race

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    11. (got ninja'd by an entire four minutes O_O)

I still remember the days where the Pokémon being saved was hardly relevant to the discussion, haha. Even though all of the casual talk moved to the DCC, I still like having discussions here for old times' sake.

So... what's your opinion on the Pokémon League (in the games)? Do you think it should be a tournament like the anime, or are you satisfied with facing only the Elite Four and the Champion?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

For a video game I think it's fine the way it is. Because even if they made it a tournament they'll likely just have the participants be other strong trainers/would pretty much be the elite four anyways.

.... I don't even know if that makes sense but yea.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years

Tournaments seem overkill for the games. We already have them in post-game content like the Battle Frontier so I think the League should remain as it is.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years

I think Pokémon League is fine as it is in the games, but then, sometimes I'm wondering if the reason the tournament is done in the anime is so that the League has some more depths than just battling the Elite Four, facing the Champion and win.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2024

I think the league is good as it is, and with rematch teams it can be quite fun to challenge once in a while. I just hope we'll get battle frontier back (or an improved battle maison).

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023

The Battle Maison feels like a less impressive Frontier most of the time so I'd be happy to see it return! I've always stopped after the fourth or fifth battle as it starts getting really repetitive but I might try and battle one of the frontier heads. That or just farm BP and get super cool TMs like Ice Beam. 8)

Also is it just me or do most pokemon post games focus around the player traveling to some sort of battle resort? Granted that they want to become stronger after becoming champion but I've always felt like catching legendaries and battle resort were the main post game features.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2024

Well a few games have post-game quests with slightly higher difficulty, but there's also not much more that they could add more than a battle resort that wouldn't take too much time and resources for a part that a big part of the buyers doesn't play.

blue

gucci
    Years
    20 Saved!

I don't feel like X & Y added much post-game content at all. Platinum on the other hand provided plenty of areas to explore and facilities to use.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Next up is Mankey! Haven't decided whether I wanna go up or down with this one so I'm gonna just start it off with default 10.

It really didn't. I mean other than the little Looker Sidequest there wasn't anything at all tbh. But I'm one of those people who tend not to do Postgame stuff in Pokemon anyways so eh.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

When it comes to the postgame in Pokemon games, I like having a lot of content, and a good number of new areas to explore. I'd also like to revisit an old region, like Kanto in the Gen 2 games.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today

I never do the postgame content in a Pokemon game. These days, I barely make it to the Elite Four. For my Y playthrough, I'm right in the Pokemon Center outside the Elite Four with a team ready for the challenge, but I haven't done anything in months aside from playing with my Pokemon in Amie.

So I really can't comment on Pokemon's postgame content!

Years

I like Mankey's evolution line, used one when I played Leaf Green at the beginning of the year and it lived through the whole game. And in terms of post-game, I don't often play through it in challenges, except in, say, B2W2, where there's so much to do like Colress, Cynthia and Elite Four rematches, and even then I usually don't bother documenting it. And HGSS of course.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years

Hmm, speaking of post-game, I think I have some of my favorite features. Like for example, your very own mansion in Platinum, visiting another side of Unova (in terms of Black and White) and all.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

I do like the Mankey line. It serves as a good early Fighting type in Pokemon Yellow, Fire Red, and Leaf Green. However, I like the Machop line more, because they're stronger and I like their designs more.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back