• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bulbasaur Race

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

If we do happen to get a Z Version, my biggest wish is for a more lengthy postgame, preferably with some form of a Battle Frontier. I still find it ironic that the Battle Frontier was excluded in the remakes of its own pioneer region, haha.

blue

gucci
    Years

Hopefully, the third games usually expand on the post-storyline content. Perhaps they will include Gym Leader and Elite Four Rematches too?

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years

Gym Leader rematches are a must. I really enjoyed them in Platinum and HGSS; it's always fun taking on monotype/themed teams when they're more difficult imo

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years

I seconded this. I think both Platinum and HGSS featured quite unique way of battling Gym Leaders for me, which makes me wonder how will the Gym rematch be implemented in the next game if there will be one.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

XY sorta has Gym Leader rematches if you face them in the battle mansion or whatever it's called. But it would be nice if you can battle them without all that much extra effort. I mean you had to get phone numbers in HGSS but it wasn't too bad in comparison.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

Nothing beats the VS Seeker, because you can look for a battle with anybody you want at any time you want (unless the person stands in a building or cave).

blue

gucci
    Years

I've been wanting them to bring back the VS. Seeker ever since they removed it from the games, I used to spam the heck out of that.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today

The VS Seeker was a great item. It really helped when level grinding and for getting money. Especially on that island of rich trainers in FR/LG. Just put on an Amulet Coin and you're all set.

Years

It's kinda annoying why they have been inconsistent with so many features that fans wanted. Especially now that we found out the highly-anticipated trainer customization is nothing more than a unique gimmick for the Kalos region.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

UGH RIGHT?? I really really wished that they kept the character customization for ORAS! Hopefully they'll bring it back for the next set of games. I don't want it to be like the Pokemon following you which is my favorite thing ever but nope only in HGSS. :(

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years

I would want both Player Customization and walking Pokémon to be reimplemented in the next games, too. Both features are one of the best around.

Lycanthropy

Years

The walking Pokémon was cool, but later in the game I used the bike constantly making the Pokémon return to its Pokéball instead of running behind me. I can see why it was removed, as it needs a lot of extra sprites, eight times the number of Pokémon I believe.

Lycanthropy

Years

But those don't have walking animations, do they? And as the possibility of walking diagonally is introduced too, that needs even more sprite data.

Years

Diagonal walking. I don't know how, but one of the hacks in the Progressing Hacks forum will have that feature.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I suppose it'll just depend on how much the new 3DS or whatever the handheld the next gen can handle the extra data and if they feel like spending time on it.

blue

gucci
    Years
    20 - Mankey saved, Primeape next!

The follow me feature in Gen VI games would be awesome, we would be able to walk with all the new Pokémon having 3D sprites etc. That's a feature I've really missed since HGSS.

Lycanthropy

Years
    Primeape: 11

Now I think of it, they did bother to make all the sprite data for all the possible appearances you can choose in Kalos, and they took the time to completely redo the small sprites of all the Pokémon (you know, those you see in the party Pokémon menu), so it's not like they're not willing to put some effort in making sprites.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2024

That's not sprite data, that's 3D models. And they would only need to make one walking animation for each Pokémon.

blue

gucci
    Years

They created about 500 overworld sprites in B2W2 similarly to HGSS, so I assume they were planning on adding it to those games but got scrapped half way through. Either way, it would be nice to see it return at some stage.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back