• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bulbasaur Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Yay for Charizard, next up is Squirtle!

I'll be voting Squirtle up, he's just way too cute not too ♥

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

When I was younger, Squirtle was my favourite, because it's blue and a Water type. How much I've changed...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

I never had Blue or Red, my only Gen 1 game was Yellow but I still adored it haha. The little Pikachu following you around was so cute XD

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today

I picked Blue because it had Meowth and Sandshrew for exclusive Pokemon. Charmander was my starter.

While I haven't played Explorers of Sky, I do absolutely adore the storylines of the Mystery Dungeon games. They're so different from the main line games, with more emotions and stronger supporting characters.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

Oo, another Sandshrew fan? Goodie ♥ PMD games really do have great story lines, I just find the actual gameplay a little lacking haha. It's like a slower, less intense version of Rumble.

Meadow

Years

Compared to Rumble, sure, but I actually prefer the gameplay of the Mystery Dungeon series over that of the main series.

blue

gucci
    Years

I think storyline wise, Mystery Dungeon has some of the best of them all. Pokemon Colosseum was pretty fun too, I like the concept of Shadow Pokemon.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    20 Squirtle is safe, woo! On to #8, Wartortle!

I don't remember the story of Colosseum at all - what actually happens in the plot?

Meadow

Years

I'm actually interested as well. Normally, I'm not too big on spoilers, but I guess I can make an exception. xD

blue

gucci
    Years

It was about going around the region from town to town trying to capture all the shadow Pokemon and purifying them basically. There were only 48 mons available iirc. 8)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

Oh eek, why so few? :o Sounds like a fun concept though I guess - how did you capture them?

Meadow

Years

Probably by defeating them in battle, but someone who played the game will have to verify that, haha. I wonder if the battling style is just like Stadium and Battle Revolution. (Though it probably is, considering this is a console game and all. xD)

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today

You captured Shadow Pokemon the same way as usual, except the player steals them from trainers, and the battles were how they always are in Pokemon games. Most are double battles, especially in Colosseum. And there are so few Pokemon in the games because they were released to help players catch Johto 'mons in 3rd Generation games to fill out the Pokedex.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

It certainly sounds like an interesting game but I can't imagine finding it fun only being able to use such a select amount of Pokémon haha. Might give it a go some day but as far as spinoffs go I prefer the non-standard battling games.

classiccartoonsftw

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

Pokemon Colosseum was a really fun game. However, I prefer Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness myself.

classiccartoonsftw

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

Oh, I've played Pokemon Conquest, and I still do! It's that awesome. If I were you, I'd give it a shot!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back