• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bulbasaur Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    12 (The count ends at either 0 or 20 @classic!)

Ooo we're starting on Charmander now, yay! I always loved that little lizard, he's such a cutie for something that turns into a giant scary fire-breathing monster...

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

I love the Charmander line, too. In fact, Kanto is one of the only two regions in which I love all of the starters almost equally. The other is Hoenn.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

I like Charmander in its own right; just not as much as Bulbasaur. xD I always play as Bulbasaur in the Mystery Dungeon games (save for Gates to Infinity), and Charmander is always my trusty partner.

classiccartoonsftw

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

When it comes to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, my least favourite starter is Skitty, because it has the ability Normalize, which makes it virtually useless against Rock, Ghost, and Steel types.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

I always loved having Cubone as my PMD starter, felt so cool using him ♥

classiccartoonsftw

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

When it comes to PMD starters, I can hardly choose a favourite. There are so many good ones. Charmander, Chimchar, Riolu, Machop, Pikachu, and the Water starters come to mind.

Meadow

Years

Do you guys normally soft reset until you get the one you want, or do you have full faith in your personality test results? I usually soft reset. xD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

I only ever played through once and got Cubone haha. Guess I'm alone at heart :(

classiccartoonsftw

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

In Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, I was hoping to get Riolu as my starter, but got Squirtle instead. However, I decided to deal with it and pick Riolu as my partner.

EDIT: Squirrel, why did you go down? I thought you liked Charmander.

blue

gucci
    Years

I actually found my copy of Pokemon MD Explorers of Sky earlier. I got Riolu as my starter and Shinx as my partner, a great combo imo. 8)

classiccartoonsftw

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

When it comes to the ninja Pokemon, Greninja is my favourite. When I saw Froakie and its evolutions for the first time, I instantly started loving them.

Meadow

Years

Yeah, Greninja's pretty cool, not to mention it's a playable character in Super Smash Bros. 4!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years

I never really liked the Froakie line to be quite honest. It's my least favourite out of the sixth gen starters. I have yet to play XY though, so that's entirely based on the design, so thatm ight change in the future. For now it's Fennekin all the way though :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

I love Froakie and Frogadier (sp?) but Geninja's tongue-scarf-thing creeped me out :(

Meadow

Years

I didn't really like Froakie until I started watching the XY anime. Ash's Froakie changed my opinion completely, haha.

classiccartoonsftw

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

I don't watch the Pokemon anime anymore, though I know from Serebii.net that Ash got a Froakie, and has a Frogadier.

Meadow

Years

@Squirrel
    How is that a bad thing, lol? You just said that you loved Froakie. xD (And no, no tongue jokes haha.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back