• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Business of War: 31st Century Mercenaries [R, Sci Fi] OOC/SU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
  • My distraction tactic worked like a charm! Sorry about your arm, SV. But we have an advantage! Although my only options now are basically to close the distance and melee them them, or try to find a ranged weapon.

Well you really can't just pick up a LRM or autocannon off the ground and use it so you will have to stick to close range option right now.

For later fights the Mercenary unit does have a spare Panther laying around if you want to use that in the future if your not doing salvaging operations. That or you can remove all your cargo room equipment and rig a LRM 5 on your Stinger later (Or reattach all your Jump Jets).

Since your the Mechanic you will be the one able to customize people's Mechs for them (along side fixing them but NPCs can do the boring work :p) and your own Mech. You will have a skill limit so you can't change everything on a Mech overnight with ease, but you can change weapons around once we start getting more salvage.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • Ok things are slow due to life I know but this RP isn't dead (well I'm not going to let it die!).

However I'm trying to make changes to make it more player friendly, and more fun than being a headache. So if you have any suggestions let me know. I have started to edit the first Post in the OOC to reflect the changes this process will likely happen over several days, but I will post (or edit this post) to inform of new changes. Currently redid the intro, added more RPer slots, and redid the weapons section. If you have any feedback I'm open to it!

Also
    This RP is recruiting! (need to fill the roster) currently there is 3 open slots.

EDIT: Redid the profiles for Mechs and Vehicles they are much simpler now in the first post. Also removed amount of ammo... I might at some point say hey your running low but otherwise have fun not having to worry about it much unless you want to RP you are worrying. As far as armor/speed and such go just think if your both "medium" on speed you should move about the same speed. If one is fast and your medium then well its faster than you. Going for a more close to value than a detailed one so its much quicker to compare things if needed.

I was hoping Draginja or IDoLikMudkip would post soon so I would have more to write off of, but if not I'll still most likely post tomorrow. Also going to move the battle along a little fast and your all welcome to also so each battle doesn't take forever (since this is a small battle and one of several in this contract).

Last edited:

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • My fellow guns for hire... I'm going on christmas vacation which will mean lots and lots of travelling and attention giving to family, which in turn means not much time to RP (or none). I shall return on the 2nd, but I encourage you to keep posting... Perhaps you can establish contact with the remaining rebels or start coming up with a plan for attacking the city.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    So I'm back from my trip, should get a post up soon.

IDoLikeMudkip

Master of Nothing
    Years
  • Ach! It's so slow, I want to post something but I want to see what Noob Hacker has to say about the pirates. I are at impasse!

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • If need be your welcome to just post saying you heard him and you came up with a plan... I gave him some info to relay but that was so long ago I think I actually changed it. So in interest in moving on you can post saying you talked with him and he can post later and we can have "flashbacks" of the conversation.

As far as knowledge about the Pirate forces here is what something he would know:

The Leader and his personal lance of Mechs whole up at the capital building in the middle of the city. The Capital building and the space port are the only places the pirates really protect all that much. Their forces many consist of light and medium tanks with 2 Mechs at the Space Port (that his character has seen), and the Leader's lance at the capital. The forces at the mining site are reportedly not that strong. The Leader's lance is all light and lower end Medium Mechs... however they do have some infantry including a rather nasty (IE horrible) group of terrorist/secret police that are better at being sick and twisted than fighting.

Lastly the pirates have 2 drop ships that tend to not stick around one place very long. They only seem to load up with supplies/slaves at the capital to either go to the mines or they disappear for a month or two and then return empty.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back