• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Church in Hearthome..

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
Years
  • Well of course they wouldn't come right out and say that, the Christians already think Pokemon is the devil! Lol

Isn't that a tad stereotypical/offensive? I obviously don't think Pokemon is the devil.

Back on topic;

I don't mind that nobody in the church gives you anything, I just think that it's a very nice place to be in the game and has a very spiritual feel to it.

Kudra

IV breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2013
    Whatever it is, it was meant to be a very solemn place. I think it's the only place that has no background music

*~Fireheart~*

ready for action!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    Bug Catching Contests were totally awesome, I agree, Volkner's Apprentice.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Isn't that a tad stereotypical/offensive? I obviously don't think Pokemon is the devil.

Back on topic;

I don't mind that nobody in the church gives you anything, I just think that it's a very nice place to be in the game and has a very spiritual feel to it.

Oops! I din't mean for it to sound that way. I meant Hyper-Christians.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • I think you guys are a little off with the whole Arceus= pokemon god theory

The way I interpereted Cynthia's talking in platinum is that ancient people worshipped them as gods, but they are just rare strong pokemon. And Arceus is never mentioned by an NPC that I'm aware of, the only mentions I saw were a book in a library and the plates, wich would have been written by ancient people who thought it was a god!

It's kind of like how the greeks thought the Giant squid was the "kracken". They didn't understand so they thought it was a god.

But yeah, the church is pretty pointless...

Zackraa

Nom Nom Nom
    Years
  • It is a church obviously to worship the god Arceus and the lower gods Palkia, Dialga

though I don't think Giratina is to be worshipped there considering he was cast out of this world by Arceus

this sounds familiar...

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    It is a church obviously to worship the god Arceus and the lower gods Palkia, Dialga

You could make something up, like you just did.

Or you could go with what the game says. That the Foreign Culture Building is there to represent Hearthome's attraction to tourists and general diversity.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I thought it had something to do with the Old Chateau...(sp?)
    Because an old woman in there said, no matter how weak the pokemon, you have to give it love blah blah blah. Rotom reference perhaps? D :
    Not sure though.

Eh, it could be a Budew reference if thats ur only reason! Lol!

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • I thought it had something to do with the Old Chateau...(sp?)
    Because an old woman in there said, no matter how weak the pokemon, you have to give it love blah blah blah. Rotom reference perhaps? D :
    Not sure though.

Duh, it could be a Splashing Magikarp. AND YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    ^This kind of thing definitely needs to happen. If they made Pokemon more fun with daily/weekly/holiday events (BRING BACK THE BUG CATCHING CONTESTS) and maybe like Animal Crossing/Zelda where you had trade sequences and gift exchanges, it'd make for something to do when you're not battling.

Alas, the poor cathedral shall remain meaningless.
    Gen 2 remake?
    i love the catching contest. it feels so good bad to see your caterpie coming out 2nd place haha

Anyway.. i find it really boring, no music, just some stupid creepy people.. the bump music is kinda annoying there too -_-

they did it so.. having a like that thing with nothing feels like.. oh well.. ugly...

Years
  • Looks like a run-of-the-mill watered down religious concept. They wanted to make the game more realistic by including some sort of a concept of a religion, but, not wanting to offend anyone, they couldn't put in an actual religion, so they did this instead.

The window of Mt. Coronet strongly suggest that this place is used to worship Arceus or adheres to some other kind of religious concept based off the Sinnoh Mythology.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    i would just say it is like the mourning place in Lavender Town in generation 1 & 2
    Where Mr Fuji says people are mourning the loss of their pokemon "blah blah blah"
    no real need for that place
    same for the Church

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
  • IMHO, the church is there so that you can play music on your badges. =P The ONLY PLACE IN SINNOH where you can go with no music. Pointless.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I think the church is there to make Hearthome look warm and welcoming and it is doing a great job, I think it's okay and there is nothing wrong with it! It makes Hearthome look, like a usual town that could be in real life too. :)

SpiderJames

PSY!!!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2012
    I do think it is pretty bizarre, when I saw it was like, Pokemon went Catholic?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Never heard of this church, does this only appear in Platinum?
    It's in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.

...I was very disappointed to go in and find out that no preist would probably give you something spiritual-related for your Pokémon. Like another Cleanse Tag, or something. Maybe a few Lum Berries.

Back