• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    Yep.. Britney used to be a sweet innocent girl.. she was overprotected by her parents just like miley is now.
    The reason Britney acts the way she does because she never got the chance to do the mistakes everyone usually does and learns from them..
    Let's hope Miley doesn't end up like britney. And I hope Britney gets her life back on track

I just want to quote Miley on this:
    "I'm not freakin' Britney Spears!!!"
    lol she actually said that :P

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    Ouch, you hope Brittney doesn't get her life back on track? I hope she does, she had a chance a long time ago. So did her sister... but look where they are now... sigh

And I also hope Miley doesn't become Brittney, but i also thought Lindsay Lohan and the Olsen twins would make it out normal too... and look what happened there.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Miley doesn't seem like the type of person who will stray that way.

I mean look at Hilary Duff, she turned out okay, I think. XD;

As much as I can't stand Hilary Duff's music, I think she's okay as a person. Stays out of trouble. I like that. XD;

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    As much as I can't stand Hilary Duff's music, I think she's okay as a person. Stays out of trouble. I like that. XD;
    Every time my sister puts her music on (Hilary Duff's) she won't stop singing....I CANT STAND IT. but yeah like you said, she's an okay person.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Miley Cyrus is the new Miss Spears? Nah. To be honest, I'd say she'll be more like Hilary Duff. She seems smarter than Brittney, and she's also seen what can happen if you live like Brittney.

Okay, I just had a life changing experience. I looked up the lyrics to Hotel California.

"Mirrors on the ceiling,
    The pink champagne on ice,
    And she said, ?We are all just prisoners here, of our own device.?
    And in the master?s chambers,
    They gathered for the feast,
    The stab it with their steely knives,
    But they just can?t kill the beast."

It?s about a hospital.

Mirrors on the ceiling in the operating room.

The pink champagne on ice is an IV of blood.

And she said, ?We are all just prisoners here, of our own device.? I think the song is about a cancer patient, and you check yourself in when you have Cancer, but overall I'm not 100% on this one.

And in the master?s chambers, obviously a reference to the operating room.

They gathered for the feast or rather the operation. Also "they" like a doctor and his nurses.

They stab it with their steely knives, trying to get the Cancer out.

But they just can?t kill the beast, meaning they can't get rid of it.

When you think about it like this the song gets a lot darker.

Also, Wikipedia gives us further evidence that the song is about a hospital.

From Wikipedia:
    The California State Mental Hospital at Camarillo, so called by some of the staff who worked there. This interpretation is backed up by the lyric from the song:

'"So I called up the captain, Please bring me my wine.??
    ?He said "We haven't had that spirit here since 1969"'.

The staff used to give wine to the patients to calm them before dinner. This practice was halted in 1969.

And that, my friends, is how I post my one thousandth post.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    You know, as much as I dislike Hilary's music, as a person, I perceive her to be very nice. Of course, I could be wrong, but that's just the image I get from her. :3

@Oni: Way to post your thousandth with a bang, although that was fully off topic. XD;

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    You know, as much as I dislike Hilary's music, as a person, I perceive her to be very nice. Of course, I could be wrong, but that's just the image I get from her. :3

@Oni: Way to post your thousandth with a bang, although that was fully off topic. XD;

The first sentence was on-topic. I hate Hilary as a musician, but she's like Amanda Bynes, work first, party later sort of thing, so she has my respect.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Okay, almost fully off-topic. :3

Oh, I respect Amanda Bynes in that sense, too, although I actually like some of her movies, unlike Hilary Duff, where I just plain don't like her music. XD;
    She's the Man, ftw~

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    I dislike Hilary Duff. Her music + movies = a giant stinking pile of Epic PHail! <~ With a capital PH might I add.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Hillary is fine. At least she's a decent person. Her movies and songs are okay, my sis watches them a lot... So yeah I think she's okay.

It's *has no clue how to spell her name just completely guessed* Linsie Lohan who I dislike. >.>

Years
    Lindsay Lohan I really don't like, however, Hilary Duff is okay to me. She's really pretty and her songs aren't that bad. From starting on the Family channel, she's probably made it the farthest anyone will.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Meh, I don't really care for Hillary Duff or Lindsay Lohan =\ I thought Lindsay Lohan was good in "The Parent Trap" way back when, but after that she started going down hill. I don't really mind Hillary Duff, none of her movies or music appeal to me, but at least she isn't involved in all the wrong things :x

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Lindsay Lohan makes me sad. She has a lot of talent when it came to acting, but she's just wasting it. :\ I do like Hillary Duff though. I like some of her newer music and a few of her movies. However, it's not like my favorite. Don't get me started on Lindsay Lohan's music.

Amanda Bynes though -- She's one of my favorite actresses. She has a natural sense for comedy and I don't think I've seen her in something I didn't like.

Last edited:

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    I love Lindsay Lohan >.< But only because of the movie Mean Girls. I love that movie so much! I also quite enjoy The Parent Trap :3

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    I've liked Amanda Bynes since she was on All That, she's really funny and cute! Plus she seems like a respectable role model for the younger generations to look up to. She just turned 22 i think and we haven't seen any wild party photos of her emerge yet.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Lol, Mean Girls is hillarious. ;3 But I never liked Lindsay Lohan to begin with, I liked her in The Parent Trap and that was it. And Amanda Bynes is also hillarious in "What I like about you", very good show, In my top 5. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back