• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat, Chat-Chit, Chit-Chit, Chot-Chut Choot Shoot Chute Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    So here I am, waking up in the lovely 4 AM, took a shower and whatnot, and now it's 5 AM. I only have to deal with cruddy school only today and Tuesday and then I'm literally off for the rest of the week. >___> I'm sort of sick of school, anyway. I don't know why, it's just been getting on my nerves a bit lately and I just want to get things over with as quickly as possible.

I felt like that in School. It didn't interest me, I hated a lot of the people there and I just didn't like the whole system.

But look on the bright side, it does get better and your username is awesome! Gilgamesh's battle on the bridge song from FFV is amazing!​

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    I had to wake up at 6am today. I wasn't going to go to school today since I wasn't feeling that good, had another headache but I decided to go to school since it's a Monday.

Years
    I'm on spring break so I didn't have to wake up at 6am today :D

I had to wake up at 8am though because I have to go to work ;_;

Sleeping in for me is like 11:30 am xD

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I don't have school. Not until June that is. ;3
    I like it when there's no school, it's a bit boring though.

Years
    Yeah it can get pretty boring if you don't have much to do.
    I'd rather that than stressing over school though.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    That's the only thing; I like going to school because I have something to do. I usually don't do much of anything when I get home. I get out of school on May 27th. Soon I'll be a Senior but it'll be sad once I leave high school. I enjoyed my years in High school; I had a lot of fun and enjoyed my teachers.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Had to be woken up early to go jeans shopping today. Got a weird leg measurement which means I can only go in certain shops, but it worked out in the end. I think this calls for a song!

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    Had to be woken up early to go jeans shopping today. Got a weird leg measurement which means I can only go in certain shops, but it worked out in the end. I think this calls for a song!

11 year old driving..what is with 11 year olds and driving? *glances at Friday*

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    I've only heard that song on a movie commercial, so I'm not all that annoyed by it *sweatdrops* thankfully I don't listen to the radio where I live.

I highly doubt it was on the radio at all, unless the hosts were just trolling.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    It's on a movie commercial?

I think I'm officially scared of humanity. :[ Even more so if it does play on the radio, as I haven't heard it on the radio myself. It's probably what Landorus said.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I have a really strange love-hate relationship with 'My Jeans'. First heard it during the Rebecca Stunfisk media blitz on TIME where they were detailing 'kids similar to Rebecca Stunfisk'. Maybe it's just because it actually HAS a melody and is enormously earworm-y but I just can't quite hate it as much as I do. It's awful, don't get me wrong. But it might be one of those rare instances, for me at least, of being so awful that it comes back good? (Please don't shoot me!)

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    Whats this world coming too, first they gave justin beiber. Then black and now even dang kid on the earth is trying to become famous and writing fail songs with autotune.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Sometimes I think those three deserve this:

Spoiler:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Popular music is all the same equation... After Justin Bieber dies out, we'll see the next international pop sensation. It sucks that they exist but they do, so you just have to get used to it.

Although every so often a song like Rebecca Black's Friday comes along and it makes for some pretty great lolz. :)

Gabri

m8
    Years
    Just sneaking in to say that the day music started being a major business was the day music died as an art.

Pop music is always the same crap. Synthetisers, computer sounds and computer-altered vocals, lyrics talking always about the same nonsensical bullcrap, and artists disappear after, say, a year?, to be replaced by another one, most of the times worse than the previous one, as the new "cool" thing.
    This happens in, say, 98% of the cases.

The power of the media is unbelievable. I don't listen to radio nor do I watch anything in TV that has to do with music because of the crap they throw at us saying that it's "cool".

Sometimes I think those three deserve this:

Spoiler:

Agreed.
    /sneaks out

Last edited:

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I have to agree that the music industry is all about making money rather than making art. Most of the stuff churned out nowadays is trite and uninspired, with the same rhythms and generic lyrics that usually make no sense whatsoever. A lot of artists even have to be Auto-tuned out the ass to even sound bearable (For example, have you ever seen a live performance by Katy Perry? She cannot sing. At all. I like some of her songs, but she can't even sing them properly without Auto-tune.) It's all about what sells, not about how we can advance musicality or make any type of art.

Not to say all modern music is like that. And not all electronic modification is bad. Just look at Owl City, for example...he's got a good voice and makes some really ingenious effects, and his lyrics are really creative and not the same boring, generic, trite crap that other artists put out. But there are a lot more artists that are just out there to make money rather than bring anything new or add to the artistic value of the music medium.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    Well, you do got people like eminem who do music because it is something they like doing and all his songs are ethier about his life or his daughter. On top of that he isn't in it for the fame or money, He still dresses and lives like he did before he became famous. Just has extra money to buy stuff he needs and doesn't have to worry like before.

Years
    Well, you do got people like eminem who do music because it is something they like doing and all his songs are ethier about his life or his daughter. On top of that he isn't in it for the fame or money, He still dresses and lives like he did before he became famous. Just has extra money to buy stuff he needs and doesn't have to worry like before.

He may love music, but he's still in it for the money. You can tell because he does more "party" songs now as opposed to the "deeper" stuff (some of it is questionably deeper) and the stuff made to intentionally offend people that he used to do almost exclusively.

Years
    I have to agree that the music industry is all about making money rather than making art. Most of the stuff churned out nowadays is trite and uninspired, with the same rhythms and generic lyrics that usually make no sense whatsoever. A lot of artists even have to be Auto-tuned out the ass to even sound bearable (For example, have you ever seen a live performance by Katy Perry? She cannot sing. At all. I like some of her songs, but she can't even sing them properly without Auto-tune.) It's all about what sells, not about how we can advance musicality or make any type of art.

Not to say all modern music is like that. And not all electronic modification is bad. Just look at Owl City, for example...he's got a good voice and makes some really ingenious effects, and his lyrics are really creative and not the same boring, generic, trite crap that other artists put out. But there are a lot more artists that are just out there to make money rather than bring anything new or add to the artistic value of the music medium.

I guess this is my opinion, but that is why I love the metal industry. Of course they want to be famous and play to the masses, but some bands, I feel they do it because they love to play music, not because it makes them stinking rich.

I just think some main stream artists are just in it for the fame and money.​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back