• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Yeah, it's so lame how people take good names and leave.
    Or get banned.
    Kinda like the 100,000th Member, who never came back.
    Such a waste.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Wait, there's a Tier 6?

What do you have to do, donate 100 bucks or something? X_X

But yeah, I highly doubt you can become a Mod based on how much you donate. I mean, look at some of the current Mods, and even the Super Mods and Admins. They haven't donated.

I think someone goes up in that kind of status if they're nice to everyone, show respect to the Mods/Admins, etc. And, of course, if they're to be picked out to be a Mod, they most likely would be chosen to Moderate a forum they hang out most in.

But yeah. If there were people becoming Mods based on their Supporter Tier, there'd be too many Mods. That could even lead to the Demodding of some of the current Mods, and I wouldn't like that X_X

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Hmm, the only way I'd ever change my name is if the staff suddenly deleted the account of this guy banned six years ago, known only as 'Alakazam.' :P

And as for donating, I dunno if it'll show up. Whenever I do do it, I'll probably be using Snail Mail myself. XDD

Wasn't Alakazam an administrator? One of you veterans can tell me I don't know what I'm talking about now.

40$ sounds like an adequate amount to donate, and I really don't want to Snail Mail.
    If I did somehow donate, then I will probably be in tier 3-5; 6 might be too much for me.

I read in Questions / Feedback that you had to donate $100 or more.

Umhm, and I probably won't be donating until I get a credit card/payal account due to the fact that my PC life is a secret in real life and because my parents wouldn't let me donate even if they knew PC existed.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Wasn't Alakazam an administrator? One of you veterans can tell me I don't know what I'm talking about now.

I read in Questions / Feedback that you had to donate $100 or more.

Umhm, and I probably won't be donating until I get a credit card/payal account due to the fact that my PC life is a secret in real life and because my parents wouldn't let me donate even if they knew PC existed.
    You really serious? That stinks. I think my parents would let me donate, as long as I used something like a money order. I dunno if PC allows it, though.

But anyways, I think Tier 6 would be way too high for me X_X I'd settle for donating 25 dollars or 30 at the most, but I unfortunately don't have that much on me... ^^'

Firebox

mozilla.
    Years
    I have been rolling around here for awhile, and I've never seen a Tier 6. That's intresting. But on account of it beeing 100+ dollars, I understand why few (or even no one) has Tier 6. It's very understandable.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Can't you ask them to do that, I mean 6 years is a long time and I think you deserve the name, or you could request that they would switch your names.
    I already asked a mod about it several years back, and s/he(I don't remember who, sorries) said it would only happen if they would delete some older, banned accounts. But since then I've gotten mixed opinions as to whether or not this'll ever happen. ^^

Rekhyt said:
    If he was, it's new to me. But you may be thinking of PE2K, where there is an Admin named Alakazam. I know because I've been hunting that name down everywhere, XD. Believe it or not, I got the name on Serebii forums of all places, though I was banned due to not being online for six months. ;_;

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    If he was, it's new to me. But you may be thinking of PE2K, where there is an Admin named Alakazam. I know because I've been hunting that name down everywhere, XD. Believe it or not, I got the name on Serebii forums of all places, though I was banned due to not being online for six months. ;_;

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he was. Made an admin because he was owner of one of the community sites and then he abused his power. A lot. At least, that's what I was told.

And what? There's no admin on PE2K named Alakazam. There's only Ryan, because he doesn't think anyone else should run his forum on the same level as him. Crazy, I know, but what can you do?

And what? That's not a proper ban reason. You've got to be making that up.

Years
    Dang! $100+ for Tier 6? IN THIS ECONOMY? You've got to be dedicated to do that. =P
    Eh my parents would never let me donate anything to anyone. XD I'll just wait for 2 1/2 years until college. =D

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Believe it or not, I got the name on Serebii forums of all places, though I was banned due to not being online for six months. ;_;
    Eep, are you serious? I only go to Serebii for the Shippers Truth or Dare, but... >.>

Whoa, I thought that forum was strict. But if what you're saying is true, whoa.

I'd complain about it if it is true, but like I said, Serebii's strict, so I'd be afraid to X_X

My account on there is Cierra, whom is a character from the same game my PC username is from.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure he was. Made an admin because he was owner of one of the community sites and then he abused his power. A lot. At least, that's what I was told.
    Ah, okay. Well that's something I didn't know. ^^

And what? There's no admin on PE2K named Alakazam. There's only Ryan, because he doesn't think anyone else should run his forum on the same level as him. Crazy, I know, but what can you do?
    Hmm...I may be the one thinking of the wrong forum then. Because I know there is a forum somewhere with an admin, or at least a mod, with the name Alakazam. XD

And what? That's not a proper ban reason. You've got to be making that up.
    Unfortunately it is. Seribii purges accounts which haven't been active for a certain amount of time. My original one was one of these. >_<

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    I'd consider it banned X_X But ew, that would stink, to have to start all over. Then again, if your friends on there are awesome enough, they'd add your new account again ^^

I only have a few friends there, and most are from here ^^' But they're still all pretty awesome, to tell the truth :3

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Yeah...But I still had to stick the '17' after my name then.

Heh, I considered it to be like a ban. But maybe that's just me. EDIT: and Serene :P

I've never actually been banned for a 'proper' reason before-or 'improper,' depending on how you look at it. XD

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Yeah...But I still had to stick the '17' after my name then.

Heh, I considered it to be like a ban. But maybe that's just me. EDIT: and Serene :P

I've never actually been banned for a 'proper' reason before-or 'improper,' depending on how you look at it. XD
    Well, I'd consider that a good thing. I was only banned from some site once, for being a n00b only once on there XD But that was when I was new to forums (and had recently discovered what a "post" was).

But other than that, never for me. Besides, you don't seem the type to cause trouble and get banned for that reason. If you were banned just for being nice, I'd be mad at whoever banned you X_X Or really, if someone banned anyone for that reason.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Well, I'd consider that a good thing. I was only banned from some site once, for being a n00b only once on there XD But that was when I was new to forums (and had recently discovered what a "post" was).

But other than that, never for me. Besides, you don't seem the type to cause trouble and get banned for that reason. If you were banned just for being nice, I'd be mad at whoever banned you X_X Or really, if someone banned anyone for that reason.
    I don't think I've ever come across a forum where they had a rule stating "Don't be nice to other members!" So I think we're safe. :D

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I guess people are setting their sound tag things to automatic. For example, take a look at Serene's sig. ^^

I didn't even know what they were before seeing the announcement. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back