• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Why is it that when you look directly at snow when the sun's shinning very brightly on it, it hurts your eyes?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Why is it that when you look directly at snow when the sun's shinning very brightly on it, it hurts your eyes?

Easy to answer: the sun is the brightest glowing thing we know. When sunlight is reflected, it's therefore brighter than if, say, a lamp's light would be reflected. Even so bright that it hurts your eyes, that cannot take in unlimited amounts of light. You can't look directly at the sun, ya know.

I feel soooo answery.

And look, they talk about Sweden!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017

Easy to answer: the sun is the brightest glowing thing we know. When sunlight is reflected, it's therefore brighter than if, say, a lamp's light would be reflected. Even so bright that it hurts your eyes, that cannot take in unlimited amounts of light. You can't look directly at the sun, ya know.

I feel soooo answery.

And look, they talk about Sweden!

No it's not. We know of thousands of stars that are brighter than the Sun. But it's appears to be the brightest, because it's the closest.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    No it's not. We know of thousands of stars that are brighter than the Sun. But it's appears to be the brightest, because it's the closest.

Bah, duuh. :p I meant that. I thought of that when I wrote that, but nvm.

Andrew1989

neet
    Years
    I'm wondering when that snow outside my window is going to vanish....

Overall; I think this snow is probably the 'most' snow we've had up here in the Highlands. And if it lasts till Boxing day, I will seriously be gobsmacked :O

Andrew1989

neet
    Years
    The only thing I hate abotu snow is that we hardly get it ;-;.

Not that I'm bothered about it or anything, but I'd just like to see it more often other than possibly every two years :(

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    You don't get much snow in Scotland? :( I thought it was snowing down in Europe almost as much as here, but apparently not.

Though... when I think about it, not even our southern regions have had much snow these latest years. GLOBAL WARMING OMG.

The CriminaL

Party King
    Years
    Odd, the European countries should get snow, I mean it is pretty cold up there, yesterday it was snowing in Chicago, but not that much.

Damn you Global Warming.

Andrew1989

neet
    Years
    I ain't sure. I've not been to 'all' parts of Scotland to answer that. Though from what I've experienced, the answer is yes, we don't get a lot of snow. If we did, it'd only last for a little while (because rain likes to hit us :@).

I wouldn't know what countries in Europe get's snow. And I'm too lazy to check wikipedia for that answer ¬_¬'

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Well, Sweden has bunches ;D Best country there is. Unless you don't like snow and want more than 31 degrees celsius in the summer. Why you would ever want that. 25 is perfect.

The rumor has it that it always rains in Britain.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Well, Sweden has bunches ;D Best country there is. Unless you don't like snow and want more than 31 degrees celsius in the summer. Why you would ever want that. 25 is perfect.

The rumor has it that it always rains in Britain.

I doesn't always rain, but it rains a lot. o:

I swear, if you all jynx the snow and make it melt before Christmas I will kill you all.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Odd, the European countries should get snow, I mean it is pretty cold up there, yesterday it was snowing in Chicago, but not that much.

Damn you Global Warming.

This year, it snowed here in Madrid TWICE. Which is pretty much half of the snow I have ever seen before in my life. So yeah XD

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    God I love snow. We've had a couple of snowstorms here in the last week, it's basically frozen over into sort of... thick frost now, but I think we may have a possibility for a white Xmas (:D). We don't usually get snow this early (late?), usually it's around mid-January to mid-February.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    I've never thrown a snowball in my life before. I've made a snowman that was as tall as my waist.

I was six then.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back