• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
  • Heh, I've only been reading for school recently. Right now we're on The Time Machine by H.G. Wells. Pretty interesting, methinks. Some of the scientific theory consists of things I learned in high school, XD.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    The Zombie Survival Guide may or may not be useful as a general survivalist's manual, but World War Z is complete and utter BS from start to finish.

Years
  • ZOMG!

The Zombie Survival Guide may or may not be useful as a general survivalist's manual, but World War Z is complete and utter BS from start to finish.

Why do you say that? (First criticism I've seen from anyone about that book) It was well written IMO. It was thought provoking on how our governments and us masses would react on "Non-conventional" threats. =P No need to start Farenhiet 251 here you guyz. What's up with everyone and Twilight?

You can of course search for it on the webz or Buy it in a bookstore. If you have a library. Borrow it. ^_^

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • What's up with everyone and Twilight?
    From what I've been hearing from my friends who happen to be Twilight fans, the movie is horrible in comparison with the books.

Conversation I had with a friend said:
    Friend: I went to see Twilight last night.
    Me: Aiych, how was it?
    Friend: Sucked, as expected. But I had to see it as I loved the books, and it was only $4.
    Me: Wow, that's too much....
    Friend: ROFL! But so true.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • I'll vote in the popularity constest MotM at the end of the month.
    No sense voting in the beggining, really xD

@Netto:[I forgot to multiquote xD] I'll probably read it soon, seeing as my friend has both. :D

XD Yesh, I'm happy you at least reserved your spot. We just need some people to keep doing that so the thread isn't forgotten, as tons of people forget to come back to edit. Not that it matters, it's just more fun for me to count teh votes and release happiness to all! </3

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Why do you say that? (First criticism I've seen from anyone about that book) It was well written IMO. It was thought provoking on how our governments and us masses would react on "Non-conventional" threats. =P No need to start Farenhiet 251 here you guyz. What's up with everyone and Twilight?
    Zombies are a civilization-threatening force only because people like Max Brooks write them as such; no halfway competent military would respond to zombies in their home territories the same way the United States Army responded to zombies at Yonkers in World War Z.

Needlessly nihilistic and hamfisted "political commentary" is perhaps the greatest conceit of zombie fiction.

By the way, it's Fahrenheit 451; you're about 200°F off from the temperature at which paper burns.

Man of Faith

My, my, Doctor Saunders.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    From what I've been hearing from my friends who happen to be Twilight fans, the movie is horrible in comparison with the books.

That's not saying much. The books were laughably horrible to begin with...

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Well, that I can't speak of in either direction. I haven't read the books, nor have I seen the movie. And I can't say I'll ever do either. =P

Years
  • Heh...

Zombies are a civilization-threatening force only because people like Max Brooks write them as such; no halfway competent military would respond to zombies in their home territories the same way the United States Army responded to zombies at Yonkers in World War Z.

Needlessly nihilistic and hamfisted "political commentary" is perhaps the greatest conceit of zombie fiction.

Obviously so... so you did read it. XD But yes the Battle of Yonkers could have definitely been better written.
    Well just because it's laden with political comentary, doesn't mean we have to kill the darn thing. It's a "Dark Humor Fiction" Book and should be regarded as such. Check the Genre. =P No need to get all serious. It says "Fiction" reading it is just for fun. ^_^

By the way, it's Fahrenheit 451; you're about 200°F off from the temperature at which paper burns.

LOL. XD See I'm not perfect. I was just pulling numbers out of my head. =P

No need for flaming here. =D

Last edited:

Man of Faith

My, my, Doctor Saunders.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Wise choice, not reading them is a good idea. I was kind of forced to... I seriously need to read more... Too much computer time...

Man of Faith

My, my, Doctor Saunders.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    I never really get to read any good books in school. Besides TKAM, I guess.

I remember reading Romeo and Juliet a few years ago... Our teacher made us act it out... And I had to dance with the person I had a crush on... So Awkward.

Man of Faith

My, my, Doctor Saunders.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    I remember when one of my teachers randomly decided to have us read War of the Worlds...

And I've been reading a whole lot of Stephen King... Well not reading as much as taking from the library...

Unrelated: I need a pair... ._.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Obviously so... so you did read it. XD But yes the Battle of Yonkers could have definitely been better written.
    Well just because it's laden with political comentary, doesn't mean we have to kill the darn thing. It's a "Dark Humor Fiction" Book and should be regarded as such. Check the Genre. =P No need to get all serious. It says "Fiction" reading it is just for fun. ^_^
    I have no problem with well-written political commentary. I have severe problems when the commentary is so hamfisted that it violates suspension of disbelief and general common sense.

Years
  • Heh.

I have no problem with well-written political commentary. I have severe problems when the commentary is so hamfisted that it violates suspension of disbelief and general common sense.

Well it IS about zombies. Do I doubt anyone could have written something about that in such a political way. XD I actually like your criticism since it is full of such comments. =P
    Ham = Delicioso! 8D *shot*
    Bye 4 naw. ^_^

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • That's not saying much. The books were laughably horrible to begin with...

Aw hey now, I kinda liked them. XD;

I'm a sucker for romance novels. :x Though I don't read much, so I only ended up reading the first book. I might read the others later, if I feel like it.

Today I bought 2 books out of the Maximun Ride series, from what I heard it's a good book. And if I ever get sick of reading it, I can always turn to the manga version. XD;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back