• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
  • The only book I'm reading at the moment is Sara Gruen's noval, Water for Elephants. Which I think is fantastic.

As for Twilight, never saw the movie, doubt I'll ever read the books.

*MitSuKi*

Look I'm your friend, see?
    Years
  • The only book I'm reading at the moment is Sara Gruen's noval, Water for Elephants. Which I think is fantastic.

As for Twilight, never saw the movie, doubt I'll ever read the books.

Twilight is a really good book....I really suggest you read it...@.@
    Plus, read The Gideon Trilogy...
    It's so cool....

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • IMO, Twilight's a generic self-insert love story. Nothing more or less...I have to say the movie was amusing tho.
    Right now I'm reading the Mayor of Casterville by Thomas Hardy. It's an old book, but a classic.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • I have never seen or read twilight lol, but hey I made a graphic art shop, so who here likes graphic arts?

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • I love making graphic arts...don't make them as much as I used to. I'd make a shop but i'd be too busy to finish my requests!
    Maybe I'll make a showcase of my stuff instead.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • I love making graphic arts...don't make them as much as I used to. I'd make a shop but i'd be too busy to finish my requests!
    Maybe I'll make a showcase of my stuff instead.
    I'd like to see that:D,

I was into graphic arts when I was co owner of a spriting forum, then when that closed I kinda took a break (more then 6 months ago), and now I'm gonna try again, so I hope my shop will become successful:D.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • PC definitely got me into graphic arts...I saw all the cool work everyone was doing and got inspired to try to design my own stuff. I'm getting better, but I still think I can improve on some stuff =P

Years
  • BeachBoy's an S.Mod? O.O
    Anywayz, Graphix shops are great! As I said so many extra unnecessary things to do on free time. Fanart, Fanfics, Spriting, etc. =P If only I had the time. D=
    As for books, anyone here read Alternate History/Parallel Universe Books such as the Teenage Crosstime-Traffic or the World War/Colonization Series by Harry Turtledove. =D

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • I'm definatly into the graphic arts. But sadly, GIMP works can't hold a candle to the local Photoshop masterpieces.

Maybe I'll make some kind of graphics shop once I get Photoshop.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I do ok with Gimp...Maybe I'll get Photoshop eventually, but really Gimp works fine. Photoshop seems much more complicated anyway o.O

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • Photoshop runs very pricey.
    Around $200-$1,000, if I'm not mistaken. But it depends on which version you're buying.

GIMP actually does everything Photoshop can do. But it's more complicated to figure out.

Years
  • Oooohhh...Isn't GIMP for free?
    Anyways, anyone reading good books? =P
    I still can't finish "Dreams from my Father" I'm reading too much Time and Newsweek right now. XD

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I found Gimp decently easy to figure out...It just took a few hours to understand all the tools and to download a bunch of brushes =P

I'm not reading anything either...I haven't picked up a book in a while. I'm always on the computer until I go to be nowadays =/

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • I found Gimp decently easy to figure out...It just took a few hours to understand all the tools and to download a bunch of brushes =P

I'm not reading anything either...I haven't picked up a book in a while. I'm always on the computer until I go to be nowadays =/

I mean basic things in Photoshop, like selective B&W, take so many different steps in GIMP.

But still, it's free. :D

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • I mean basic things in Photoshop, like selective B&W, take so many different steps in GIMP.

But still, it's free. :D

That's why I don't like it, haha. Gimp is complicated, Pixen is so limited..I really just have to spring for photoshop. I might dual it with someone, but idk...$700 for a Mac version is ridiculous, but what can ya do.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • That's why I don't like it, haha. Gimp is complicated, Pixen is so limited..I really just have to spring for photoshop. I might dual it with someone, but idk...$700 for a Mac version is ridiculous, but what can ya do.

I usually don't mind taking my time in GIMP, really. Doing it the hard way makes me feel more accomplished in the end :D

But I toyed arond with the free trial of Photoshop, and I fell in love o.o

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Hey. I got Cs3 on trial and I found it to complicated so departed with it ^_^
    Btw, glaf they changed the title of this thread haha =P

Alex31

Pro D<
    Years
  • I usually don't mind taking my time in GIMP, really. Doing it the hard way makes me feel more accomplished in the end :D

But I toyed arond with the free trial of Photoshop, and I fell in love o.o

Its seriously hard NOT to fall in love with CS3, if you have EVER used anything like Corel Draw, CS3 beats it.

God, I hate GIMP though, I like Photoshop cause its woman friendly hah.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back